Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   Today I (v2): (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=888937)

seau grateau 08-21-13 12:39 AM

Today I dropped approximately $1.5K on my student loans. I'm never buying anything ever again.

misskaz 08-21-13 08:32 AM

Thanks for all the well wishes for my friend. I saw her last night (amidst all of this she found a stray sickly kitten yesterday and took it in; I dropped off some extra wet cat food for it) and she was moving really slowly and not her usual shiny happy self. She got interviewed by several local media outlets and her story has been all over TV and the internets.

DNAinfo found a private surveillance video that might show the offending SUV and definitely shows other cars stopping to help her when it happened.

jared1988 08-21-13 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by misskaz (Post 15983915)
Thanks for all the well wishes for my friend. I saw her last night (amidst all of this she found a stray sickly kitten yesterday and took it in; I dropped off some extra wet cat food for it) and she was moving really slowly and not her usual shiny happy self. She got interviewed by several local media outlets and her story has been all over TV and the internets.

DNAinfo found a private surveillance video that might show the offending SUV and definitely shows other cars stopping to help her when it happened.

Thats good to hear there is some forward movement on the issue. It's that kind of **** that makes me not miss the USA.

Today I cut 19mm off each side of my risers, installed said risers and, flipped my stem up. Comfort mode engaged

richpool 08-21-13 10:05 AM

Today I was offered a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elites in a straight up trade for my newest Cannondale switched back to 100% stock (which I got in a trade for different bike). I cant decide if I want to do it or not. Any thoughts?http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/y...ic46/001-3.jpg
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...psaab1b942.jpg

spRICE 08-21-13 10:14 AM

Those are nice wheels and you have a million cannondales :p.

Mumonkan 08-21-13 10:15 AM

frig that, unless you really want those wheels for a different bike

monitery wise it might be worth more for the wheels but its a whole bike, and its pretty sweet too

richpool 08-21-13 10:20 AM

You guys just laid out my internal debate exactly... The wheels are worth more money then the bike. But its a complete bike... This is tough, usually I dont have trouble with choices like this. I think another thing in my head is. If I hold onto the C'dale down the road the values will be reverse. Wheel sets dont hold value for more then 4 years really.

spRICE 08-21-13 10:43 AM

Do you envision yourself using that Cannondale more than other bikes you own?

richpool 08-21-13 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by spRICE (Post 15984472)
Do you envision yourself using that Cannondale more than other bikes you own?

Great question, I should have asked myself. To be honest, I know I will ride it less then my 1985 and 1988. This one is also 2cm smaller but I can ride it comfortably it just has a lot of saddle to bar drop. Lastly, its a full 2 pounds heavier. I guess I should let it go. Its just hard because Ive only had it for not even 2 weeks.

Nagrom_ 08-21-13 12:29 PM

School started today.

I don't have Wednesday classes. Score.

johnnytheboy 08-21-13 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by richpool (Post 15984906)
Its just hard because Ive only had it for not even 2 weeks.

should make it easier.

richpool 08-21-13 12:43 PM

You severely underestimate my love for these bikes!

hairnet 08-21-13 03:26 PM

I talked with a guy about selling him my fixed gear. It sucks to think about being without one but I hope that in the future I will eventually get back in with a more uniform build with a nicer larger frame. I have other riding goals for now and I need to cut back on the bike hobbyism.

YoEdgar 08-21-13 04:11 PM

Today I switched back to 48x17 and am happy I did. Now to wait for Scrod's shop to get EAI deluxes in 17t to replace the no name noisy cog I am using now.

63_dorinte 08-21-13 04:37 PM

Today I stayed home from work with my second migraine in a week :cry:. Went back to bed and slept all morning, got up and started to do some laundry but went back to bed and slept most of the afternoon. Was feeling better when I got up, so got on the rollers for some easy spinning to wake up and stretch my legs . . . and puked :(. Will try again tomorrow.

Dannihilator 08-21-13 04:58 PM

Today I got 10 miles in on the beach cruiser.

Mumonkan 08-21-13 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dannihilator (Post 15985837)
Today I got 10 miles in on the beach cruiser.

hes baaaaaack
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...sheao1_500.gif

Huffandstuff 08-21-13 06:44 PM

After about four years of being carless, today I had a way too good of deal drop into my lap so I now am a truck owner, super hooptie old early 90's toyota pick up.

Bad news is my seat position or height is off on my Leader and after the last 3 days of cruising around on it, I woke up to some knee pain.

mlong 08-21-13 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Huffandstuff (Post 15986113)
After about four years of being carless, today I had a way too good of deal drop into my lap so I now am a truck owner, super hooptie old early 90's toyota pick up.

Bad news is my seat position or height is off on my Leader and after the last 3 days of cruising around on it, I woke up to some knee pain.

90's toyota pickups are the best. 4 cylinder or 6?

Huffandstuff 08-21-13 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by mlong (Post 15986128)

Four banger and a five speed. I pretty much don't need it but let's just say after buying it + licensing and registration, I'll be spending less than a kilo TT.

mlong 08-21-13 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Huffandstuff (Post 15986132)
Four banger and a five speed. I pretty much don't need it but let's just say after buying it + licensing and registration, I'll be spending less than a kilo TT.

I have the same set up in a 4x4. the 4's are amazing, they run forever. Congratulations!

RGNY 08-21-13 07:36 PM

first ride with a Brooks B17 on the Nature Boy.

not a fan boy, but i think i'm a convert....

Jared. 08-21-13 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by mlong (Post 15986128)

They are the best. Surprisingly fun to drive as well.

hairnet 08-21-13 10:18 PM

New handle bar and I only crashed twice and bent a brake lever. I love logs.

garlic_rice 08-21-13 11:13 PM

Got laid off today after 7 years at a fruit-themed electronics repair shop. More time for playing bikes i guess.