Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   "The 33"-Road Bike Racing (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Race Video Thread! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=740587)

mattm 05-31-19 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by UmneyDurak (Post 20953661)
Congrats.
Random question. When you decided to go, what made you decide to go on the right of them vs on left?

Thank you.

Going on the right was just a split-second decision, no real reason. I watched the clip again and saw that I was happened to be a little more to the right of their wheel when I decided to actually jump, so it was just the shortest route around.

But I think it was also the right way to go, given that coming in to the slick corner at a wider angle seemed better than a narrow angle, given the wet and all the reflectors.

Either way I don't think that really made a difference.

Had it not worked out, I would probably decide that I should have jumped to the left to go wider around them, so that they would have to work harder to get on my wheel..

furiousferret 05-31-19 01:26 PM

Real reason:

cyclinganomaly 06-03-19 07:40 PM

Cobb Park Crit

It's been a while since I've even looked at one of my race videos, let alone put it up for others to watch. Everything has been crap this year, and this race was no exception. It seems like an eternity since I did even remotely well in a race (last summer), but now my pain can be your pain! :lol:
The cat.3 race was a pretty small field, 14 starters. There was 5 wolfpack guys there, and they did a good job working together. I finished 10/14 Bah! :notamused:
So afterwards my friend Kurt talked me into doing the P/1/2/3 race. I had burned most of my matches in the cat.3 race, and there was some really good guys signed up for it, so I didn't expect to last long. I was hoping on longer then this, but being my first P/1/2/3 race, I really couldn't expect anything. The elastic broke about 12 minutes in. Pulled, placed 29/37

mattm 08-05-19 05:13 PM

I fell down y'all

Flatballer 08-05-19 06:57 PM

I haven't raced in a while, but as I understand it, you're supposed to try not to do that.

Doge 08-05-19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Flatballer (Post 21061673)
I haven't raced in a while, but as I understand it, you're supposed to try not to do that.

Kinda depends on the race and officials. Falling down correctly can get the racer a little rest and a free lap or two.

topflightpro 08-06-19 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by mattm (Post 21061528)
I fell down y'all

Which were you? I couldn't tell in the video.

And are you ok?

mattm 08-06-19 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by topflightpro (Post 21062192)
Which were you? I couldn't tell in the video.

And are you ok?

Oh yeah sorry - we were guest riding for Marc Pro, so I was in white & green, with white socks/shoes - I'm the poor fellow who rams the guy on the ground and lands on my shoulder/back.

KDTX 12-31-19 02:03 PM

Wow....almost 9 years later and the thread I started is still alive and well! Footage has improved as well as on screen data. Keep the video's coming!

illjustride 01-28-20 06:01 AM

My Breakaway At Harlem Crit

illjustride 01-31-20 07:54 PM

Cycling Tips - How To Become A Stronger Bike Rider

Radish_legs 07-30-22 02:06 PM

Last lap starts at 25:44

2nd place's video (at the very end you can see me pass him).