Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Well, it finally happened, again (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1288306)

neutrinocounter 02-08-24 06:25 AM

I'm sure there are many on this forum that can identify with being a little confused after such an ordeal. In my experience, the cloud will lift. Eventually. Thanks for making the effort to post. Speedy recovery to you.

Nachoman 02-08-24 08:24 AM

Good luck with your recovery.

indyfabz 02-08-24 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by neutrinocounter (Post 23151079)
I'm sure there are many on this forum that can identify with being a little confused after such an ordeal. In my experience, the cloud will lift. Eventually. Thanks for making the effort to post. Speedy recovery to you.

I’m still missing virtually everything during a span of well over 2 days resulting from the sepsis that infected my heart and made me pass out for what is believed to be a period of over 12 hours until I was miraculously rescued thanks to some observant neighbors and the fact that other neighbors had the combination to my key lock box from cat sitting. That was over 13 months ago,

Never underestimate the value of a cat. :D

daniell 02-08-24 02:03 PM

Let me say to you what my cardiologist said to me after quadruple bypass surgery. Soon the weather will be nice, and this will be a distant memory.

Smaug1 02-08-24 02:39 PM

We're thinking of you. I hope your heart issues can be sorted out to the point where you can ride again.

If there's any chance the heart attack may have been from over-exertion, you might consider replacing the mBike with an eBike.

tomato coupe 02-08-24 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 23151388)
I’m still missing virtually everything during a span of well over 2 days resulting from the sepsis that infected my heart and made me pass out for what is believed to be a period of over 12 hours until I was miraculously rescued thanks to some observant neighbors and the fact that other neighbors had the combination to my key lock box from cat sitting. That was over 13 months ago,

Never underestimate the value of a cat. :D

I’ll bet the cat was trying to decide which part of you to eat first.

Kabuki12 02-08-24 06:03 PM

Heal fast and good luck getting back on the bike. Just do what the Dr.’s say and easy does it.

indyfabz 02-08-24 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by tomato coupe (Post 23151429)
I’ll bet the cat was trying to decide which part of you to eat first.

He got up on a table and knocked over the kibble bag. Good thing it wasn’t sealed. He’s a big boy and would definitely have taken some bites out of me.

indyfabz 02-09-24 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by zosoride (Post 23150676)
Had quad bypass in 2008. 90,90,75,80% blockage. "Zipper chest"probably no longer valid term since heart surgery has advanced quite a bit to the point I don't think they have to crack open rib cages to do the work needed. I had massive heart attack then, now I've had another massive heart attack but I don't think they have to crack chests open , as they did back then, not sure really. Not sure, though, not sure about anything. It's really hard to type this out. My head hurts and it's too hard to concentrate to write anymore. Hopefully I will be out of hospital on Saturday as per doc, then I go from there, kinda like it seems you have. Sorry for your heart issues, I
know it sucks.

I have had two valve replacements. The first one was way back in 1990 from a congenital defect. They went through the front, but you don't end up with a zipper. Second surgery way in January of last year. They went through the front again.

Maelochs 02-09-24 06:00 AM

After I got out of the hospital, I couldn't focus enough to type a full sentence. I couldn't even sit up for 15 minutes without getting so tired I needed a nap.

It took about three weeks until i could function pretty normally. The first week was pretty rough, not just because I was so wrecked, but because I had no idea if that would be my condition for the rest of my life.

When I went back for a check-up, the nurse explained that all this was completely normal and expectable.

I expected that the freaking doctor would have told me that Before I went under anesthesia ... sure would have made the first week of recovery a lot less stressful.

WaveyGravey 02-09-24 08:02 AM

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. Fully able to ride again.

RB1-luvr 02-09-24 08:29 AM

oof, that post was a little difficult to read. Like everyone else here, I'm rooting for you and hope you recover fully.

Pratt 02-09-24 04:10 PM

Cycling for your health?

JanMM 02-09-24 05:38 PM

Get better but don't push it too fast. Lots of folks riding bikes with implanted cardiac devices.
Hope your bike is OK.

10 Wheels 02-09-24 05:47 PM

Take your meds and report back when you Heal UP.

SoSmellyAir 02-09-24 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by CAT7RDR (Post 23150692)
I ride solo 99% of the time but realize at 60 y/o, having a riding buddy or group would be wise.

I ride solo too. I have an Apple Watch with fall detection enabled, which is supposed to call the local emergency services if you remain immobile for a minute after it detects fall.

Use Fall Detection with Apple Watch - Apple Support

CAT7RDR 02-09-24 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir (Post 23152628)
I ride solo too. I have an Apple Watch with fall detection enabled, which is supposed to call the local emergency services if you remain immobile for a minute after it detects fall.

Use Fall Detection with Apple Watch - Apple Support

A modern fitness watch is in my near future.
My vivoactive has finally passed.
Thanks for the idea/link.

fredlord 02-10-24 04:32 AM

All the best @zosoride.

A stab in the dark: are you a Zeppelin fan by any chance?

jack pot 02-13-24 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by fredlord (Post 23152848)
All the best @zosoride.

A stab in the dark: are you a Zeppelin fan by any chance?

hints of some Greta Van Fleet & a passing of Humble Pie