Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Shot Down (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=645607)

molecularman 05-15-10 10:07 PM

Shot Down

Last night I was at a party and struck up a conversation with a pretty attractive girl. Things were going pretty well until I mentioned that I was a cyclist. She proceeded to compare cycling to other sports, end the conversation and walk off. I guess roadies don't appeal to the jersey chaser crowd :rolleyes:

nahh 05-15-10 10:14 PM

haha...but you don't want those girls either. There's plenty of girls that like jacked legs and slender bodies. I know quite a few...

Caad 8 05-15-10 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by molecularman (Post 10817656)
Last night I was at a party and struck up a conversation with a pretty attractive girl. Things were going pretty well until I mentioned that I was a cyclist. She proceeded to compare cycling to other sports, I then proceeded to compare her to other women, ended the conversation and walked off. :rolleyes:

Fixed

ptle 05-15-10 10:34 PM

I met someone who seemed impressed that I biked to their house for the party they were having.

ADSR 05-15-10 11:28 PM

I can't think of one instance of a girl being worth a second thought that also has an opinion on sports.

CyciumX 05-15-10 11:35 PM

http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/King_Drew...leyPopcorn.gif

Mr. Beanz 05-15-10 11:46 PM

I'd bet 5 bucks it didn't have to do with cycling.:D

randomguy2 05-16-10 12:48 AM

Last night I was at a party and struck up a conversation with a pretty attractive girl. Things were going pretty well until I mentioned that I was a cyclist. She proceeded to compare cycling to other sports, end the conversation and walk off. I guess roadies don't appeal to the jersey chaser crowd :rolleyes:

You know all of the guys on here who are like
"DON'T GET MARRIED! NEVER GET MARRIED! MY WIFE WON'T LET ME SPEND ANY MORE MONEY ON BIKES!"?

She would have definitely been one of those women. You've dodged a bullet my friend.

Aimulator64 05-16-10 12:54 AM

Most women laugh at my shorts. But then i laugh at their ridiculously terrible driving skills. Eye for an eye.

ktanner777 05-16-10 01:02 AM

Just get a fixed gear and a pack of hanes v-necks for going to parties. As long as they are college girls, you'll get plenty of attention, especially w/o brakes! lol

waanfiride 05-16-10 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Aimulator64 (Post 10817997)
Most women laugh at my shorts. But then i laugh at their ridiculously terrible driving skills. Eye for an eye.

hahahahaha I just about spit out my water I'm drinking. I also laugh at their out-of-shapeness. Then admire my sexy bod in the mirror.

molecularman 05-16-10 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 10817896)

Well that's just mean.

Walter 05-16-10 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by ADSR (Post 10817860)
I can't think of one instance of a girl being worth a second thought that also has an opinion on sports.

Jesus wept.

You haven't met many women, have you? :rolleyes:

I'll keep your words of wisdom in mind when my wife reminds what channel the game is on after she hung with the fast group on our Saturday ride longer than I could; again.

Catch a clue, or actually get away from the computer and meet someone.

Walter 05-16-10 05:59 AM

double

Jasper Storm 05-16-10 06:22 AM

Eastern Washington University party?

WhyFi 05-16-10 06:57 AM

Your first mistake was talking about yourself, rather than about her...

gitarzan 05-16-10 07:13 AM

Possible responses:

"I have a seat that is is designed to retain my sexual prowess. My nuts are not numb, and neither is anything else"

"But the Tour De France is the most difficult sporting event in the world. I'm riding in it next year."

"See you later, fat ass."

StephenH 05-16-10 07:21 AM

So get acquainted with some female cyclists and that should solve that problem.

The Weak Link 05-16-10 07:33 AM

Sincerity is critical when communicating with babes.

Once you can fake it, you've got it made.

BillyD 05-16-10 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 10817896)

I'll see your 5, and raise you 20. :D

Originally Posted by molecularman (Post 10818031)
Well that's just mean.

The truth hurts . . . you got to be able to handle it and make the necessary adjustments.
If a girl really wanted you she wouldn't care if you played Tiddlywinks,
. . . or even video games, even.

RedZone 05-16-10 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by ADSR (Post 10817860)

Are you dating her?

http://www.gossipcheck.com/blog/wp-c...ilton_350x.jpg

Shuke 05-16-10 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 10818385)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=31142616

roccobike 05-16-10 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 10818385)

+1, I doubt that it was cycling. She probably wanted to talk about her latest diet and wanted you to comment "With that figure, you don't need to diet."
Keep practicing, showing a false interest in her and providing shallow compliments becomes easier with time and more effective. Been there, done that.

Shuke 05-16-10 12:16 PM

How to get instantly rejected and look like a tool:
1. mention 'cycling'
2. talk about how hard and dangerous your sport is
3. look at her incredulously, laugh to yourself and say 'riiiiight, that's not exactly the kind of riding I do' if she mentions that she rides her bike to class sometimes
4. drop numbers like your average speed, power output and how far you ride
5. tell her that Lance is an EPO posterboy and that the TDF is full of dopers and is run by whiny little French men when they get brought up in conversation

How to not get instantly rejected and not look like a tool
1. mention 'riding bikes' if she asks what you do and say that it's fun and makes you feel like a kid again
2. ask her if she likes riding bikes
3. if she asks you how far, how fast, or how hard you ride just say "pretty far, pretty fast and hills are hard"
4. don't drop words like aero
5. don't drop your stats because she wouldn't care even if she knew what a good power output was.
6. say that Lance is cool and the TDF looks really hard when Lance and the TDF inevitably get brought up
7. if she asks what kind of bike you have just say it has lots of carbon fiber on it (that always impresses people)

molecularman 05-16-10 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jasper Storm (Post 10818322)
Eastern Washington University party?

Yep.

Originally Posted by Shuke (Post 10819416)
How to get instantly rejected and look like a tool:
1. mention 'cycling'
2. talk about how hard and dangerous your sport is
3. look at her incredulously, laugh to yourself and say 'riiiiight, that's not exactly the kind of riding I do' if she mentions that she rides her bike to class sometimes
4. drop numbers like your average speed, power output and how far you ride
5. tell her that Lance is an EPO posterboy and that the TDF is full of dopers and is run by whiny little French men when they get brought up in conversation

Wait...the first thing that I say to a girl shouldn't be my FTP or my power-weight index!? I've been doing it all wrong!