Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   good luck in the marathon aham23! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=350602)

nietsmas 10-05-07 03:35 PM

good luck in the marathon aham23!

:)

Psimet2001 10-05-07 03:52 PM

RAH, RAH, REE!

Kick them in the knee!

RAH, RAH, RESTICLE!

Kick them in the OTHER knee!

Go Aham Go....

Carbo load you slave to sugar!

aham23 10-05-07 06:39 PM

thank you very much!!

dont have much time to post.

must get back to carb loading!! :)

later.

Kenal0 10-05-07 07:30 PM

A nice pasta carb load- Fetuccini Alfredo perhaps?
Got a bib number yet?

Kenal0

nietsmas 10-05-07 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kenal0 (Post 5401518)
Fetuccini Alfredo perhaps?

Kenal0

heh, did you see last week's "the office" where michael puked up all his pasta?

hilarious!

Psimet2001 10-05-07 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by nietsmas (Post 5401576)

hilarious!

+1 - That episode was great. I actually thought about aham with the whole nipple chafing deal.

Kenal0 10-06-07 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by nietsmas (Post 5401576)

hilarious!

I would not miss it! I knew someone would pick that up. Almost as good as Crede using the toner ink from the printer to dye his hair this past week for the younger look wanting Red Bull in the pop machine.
Kenal0

aham23 10-06-07 08:27 AM

bib number 13135.

they have free runner tracking at ChicagoMarathon.com.

i think i have the tracking set up to post the real time splits to my blog. not sure why, i just thought it sounded cool.

i care about nipple safety and plan to liberally apply bodyglide all over!! :)

back to eating, drinking and lounging.

later.

Psimet2001 10-06-07 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kenal0 (Post 5403486)
I would not miss it! I knew someone would pick that up. Almost as good as Crede using the toner ink from the printer to dye his hair this past week for the younger look wanting Red Bull in the pop machine.
Kenal0

"Hey bro, you think we could get some Red Bull up in here...."

CyLowe97 10-06-07 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Psimet2001 (Post 5403657)
"Hey bro, you think we could get some Red Bull up in here...."

"Sometimes you just gotta ride the Bull."

:lol:

Hey aham, remember.... The Taper Tapir will be watching you. Repect the Tapir!

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/tapir.jpg

Kenal0 10-06-07 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by aham23 (Post 5403656)
bib number 13135.

i think i have the tracking set up to post the real time splits to my blog. not sure why, i just thought it sounded cool.

later.

Looks like it will be a nice steamy day tomorrow. Should help you stay with the elites as tehy do not run well in this weather. Good luck, stay hydrated. Have fun.

Kenal0

SmokinMiles 10-06-07 02:28 PM

Take it easy out there!!! I'm already nervous for the marathoners. I have so many friends running and this weather is just the worst! Hydrate and adjust your pace. Usually in this type of heat that might mean 1:00-1:30 slower per mile.

The detriment of heat is cumulative so it becomes a greater factor as you go on. (and for slower runners even more dangerous) Stay conservative till 20...then as they say...put the hammer down! :D

Crystal

PS...not meaning to be a downer; just concerned about all your hard work and this damned heat. Stupid marathons...so much work....so many things to go wrong on race day. Maddening sport. Ok....rant over. Sending you good vibes! ( I should also say that my best 'thons have been on the worst weather days on hilly courses; go figure!)

SmokinMiles 10-06-07 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=aham23;5403656]bib number 13135.

later.[/QUOTE

I had a friend who decided he would protect his nipples one year in Chicago by putting duct tape on them. It worked and all was well until he had to take it off!:D:eek:

aham23 10-06-07 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinMiles (Post 5404850)
Take it easy out there!!! I'm already nervous for the marathoners. I have so many friends running and this weather is just the worst! Hydrate and adjust your pace. Usually in this type of heat that might mean 1:00-1:30 slower per mile.

The detriment of heat is cumulative so it becomes a greater factor as you go on. (and for slower runners even more dangerous) Stay conservative till 20...then as they say...put the hammer down! :D

Crystal

PS...not meaning to be a downer; just concerned about all your hard work and this damned heat. Stupid marathons...so much work....so many things to go wrong on race day. Maddening sport. Ok....rant over. Sending you good vibes! ( I should also say that my best 'thons have been on the worst weather days on hilly courses; go figure!)

weather. i havent checked the forecast or been outside today. is it hot? its october how hot could it be? :D

cyclpsycho 10-06-07 06:34 PM

GOOD LUCK!!!

You've trained enough miles -- just listen to your body -- It always knows!

Kenal0 10-06-07 06:59 PM

Just think you will finally get to don one of the milar silver blankets, this sign of victory. Only problem is it will be 88 degrees outside and it will probably kill you.

Kenal0

aham23 10-06-07 07:34 PM

alright. i have carbo loaded all i can carbo loaded. i have drank all i can drink. next up, 26.2 mile jog through the city. thanks for wishing me well. later.

Psimet2001 10-06-07 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by aham23 (Post 5406043)
alright. i have carbo loaded all i can carbo loaded. i have drank all i can drink. next up, 26.2 mile jog through the city. thanks for wishing me well. later.

What a wussy. I'm doing something like 45 miles tomorrow....while pulling my son in a trailer. Ha!

,....oh....that's right, you're running. :D - have fun! Don't die.

whitesox 10-06-07 10:16 PM

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you're not sleeping, noone sleeps the night before a marathon!, LOL!!

Have fun, enjoy it... and whatever you do... DON'T WALK AT MILE 20 WHEN 2/3 OF THE PEOPLE ARE WALKING!!!!!!!!!, KEEP RUNNING!!!!:D

aham23 10-07-07 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Psimet2001 (Post 5406077)
What a wussy. I'm doing something like 45 miles tomorrow....while pulling my son in a trailer. Ha!

,....oh....that's right, you're running. :D - have fun! Don't die.

:roflmao::roflmao:

now, i run.

later.

CyLowe97 10-07-07 05:14 AM

131 miles at the '200k' route of the Horribly Hilly Hundreds without walking any of the hills.

Yeah, I think you'll do just fine with this weenie 26.2 mile flat course foot race. ;)

Remember, when you see the tapir floating in front of you at mile 22, just keep running! He's rooting for you to do well. :D

Kimbercop 10-07-07 06:56 AM

Good luck topday aham.. You've worked hard, just enjoy it

Kenal0 10-07-07 12:06 PM

Looks like the race was cut short. At 11:30 race officials decided to route everyone on the course to Grant Park.
Train in the heat since June or July all summer long and then have your big day messed up. That is a bummer!!!

Kenal0

CrankedUp 10-07-07 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kenal0 (Post 5408557)
Looks like the race was cut short. At 11:30 race officials decided to route everyone on the course to Grant Park.
Train in the heat since June or July all summer long and then have your big day messed up. That is a bummer!!!

Kenal0

Yeah, total bummer. I just returned from a ride down the to South Shore club and saw lots of ambulances in the Grant Park area on the way back. It's pretty muggy, but right along the lake the breezes are nice.

BTW, hello all - forum n00b here.

Psimet2001 10-07-07 01:12 PM

I rode pulling the trailer today and it was some of the hardest riding I have doen in a while - just because of the heat. I haven't sweat like that in a long time. aham I hope you did OK!