Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Training and raceday chain lube (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1165451)

Teamprovicycle 01-31-19 09:45 PM

Training and raceday chain lube for ROAD

Without going to full on molten wax , what race day ish lube should i look into .
i see ceramic wax looks cool .
I have been using whitelightning clean ride wax , sometimes it feels fast but sometimes feels a little sluggish .

woodcraft 01-31-19 09:55 PM

Also,

What's the fastest chamois cream?

I heard you save 3 watts with Buttonhole over ChamoisButt'r.

Don't want to be sluggish in the crotch...

mstateglfr 01-31-19 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Teamprovicycle (Post 20773881)
Without going to full on molten wax , what race day ish lube should i look into .
i see ceramic wax looks cool .
I have been using whitelightning clean ride wax , sometimes it feels fast but sometimes feels a little sluggish .

sweet question, bruh.
it Totally depends on what type of racing.
track? Road? TT? Mtb? Gravel? Cyclocross? Triathlon? Bmx?

you dont want to use triathlon chain line if you are lining up for an MTB race.
that would be embarrassing!

Teamprovicycle 01-31-19 11:11 PM

Yes sorry for road .

Happy Feet 02-01-19 12:37 AM

Anything with red in the name.

Caliper 02-01-19 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Teamprovicycle (Post 20773957)
Yes sorry for road .

Why you post here then? "General Cycling Discussion" doesn't care about any benefits under about 1.21 gigawatts.

redlude97 02-01-19 09:57 AM

UFO drip.

mstateglfr 02-01-19 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Teamprovicycle (Post 20773957)
Yes sorry for road .

good to clarify because road race lube is totally different from triathlon lube and TT lube. You would think its all the same since its all on roads, but that'd be some ignorant reasoning.***

Bandera 02-01-19 10:59 AM

The only product for any aspiring Cat 5 "roadie-to-be" to consider is CeramicSpeed UFO Racing Chain, accept no substitutes.

https://www.ceramicspeed.com/en/spor...to-save-watts/

gl98115 02-01-19 04:21 PM

Nothing is slicker than a few drops of Astroglide.

veganbikes 02-01-19 04:53 PM

I would suggest used fryer oil. I know I would go faster if I got to smell fries all day.

Teamprovicycle 02-01-19 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Caliper (Post 20774363)
Why you post here then? "General Cycling Discussion" doesn't care about any benefits under about 1.21 gigawatts.

why reply if it doesnt concern you ?

Teamprovicycle 02-01-19 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by mstateglfr (Post 20774429)
good to clarify because road race lube is totally different from triathlon lube and TT lube. You would think its all the same since its all on roads, but that'd be some ignorant reasoning.***

dont all seriousvracers use the expensive treated ceramic speed chain or molten speed wax ?

Caliper 02-01-19 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Teamprovicycle (Post 20775218)

Trying to help a fellow roadie. I don't know the answer, but I do know where you can find people who do. Posting this in general cycling is like asking random people at the mall. You may get lucky, but why not go to where there is more specific knowledge?

caloso 02-01-19 07:42 PM

I realize this is BF heresy, but it really doesn't matter which lube you use, as long as you apply it consistently and wipe off the excess.

badger1 02-01-19 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Teamprovicycle (Post 20775218)

Why post here (General Cycling) on this, or on topics such as 'speedsuits'? Perhaps you should go over to the 33 and ask your questions there ... you know, direct them to folks who actually do race?

I'm sure if you did so you would get appropriate replies to your questions.

Teamprovicycle 02-01-19 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by gl98115 (Post 20775047)
Nothing is slicker than a few drops of Astroglide.

Originally Posted by badger1 (Post 20775296)
Why post here (General Cycling) on this, or on topics such as 'speedsuits'? Perhaps you should go over to the 33 and ask your questions there ... you know, direct them to folks who actually do race?

I'm sure if you did so you would get appropriate replies to your questions.

its not a pure race question to ask what lube people are into , there are 15 plus brands and 5 types i could try . if you cant add to the topic and move it forward just skip it , thats what i do if its a tpiic a have nothing for , unless its a really silly question , then crack away. Id like to try ufo drip but i dont think it effective without the speed wax .

greatscott 02-01-19 09:42 PM

Well, I don't race and I don't train, I just ride all over mountains. I've tried lots of lubes over the years, and what I discovered is that much of it is nick picking. But lately I've been using Rock N Roll Absolute Dry, but I can use this stuff because where I live I rarely ride in the rain because...well it rarely rains. I like how the chain stays clean and the lube lasts quite while, plus because the lube cleans as it's apply I rarely have to clean the chain anymore. But unless where you live is dry like California where I live you may want something a bit more rain resistant.

woodcraft 02-01-19 09:57 PM

Training lube:

https://lubricants.petro-canada.com/...rill-rod-heavy