Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic and Vintage Sales (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=274)
-   -   FS: 1951 New Hudson Silver Arrow (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1140896)

Kilroy1988 04-11-18 08:16 AM

FS: 1951 New Hudson Silver Arrow

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ver-arrow.html

See thread above for details!

I've found a dream bike, and need funds... This lovely New Hudson frame is as small as I can ride and not ideal. As several member have already attested, this is a special little club bicycle! I'm selling it with all of the paperwork shown in the thread above, as well as the Lucas headlamp, generator, and tail lamp, and the original odometer.

In the recent photos in the thread above I have toe clips and straps, and a black saddle bag and handlebar water bottle cage attached. There's also the cheap chrome Sunlite frame pump ($10 on Ebay). Those items are not included.

Asking $650 USD including shipping within the lower 48 US states only. I've discounted the price due to savings on Ebay fees if it sells to a Bikeforum member... Cheers!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4175/3...bb4e6ced_c.jpg

-Gregory

Kilroy1988 04-17-18 10:55 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Got out for another couple of rides on this bike, and I still feel the need to jack the seat up further... It's just too small. I found another bike that I really like at a price I could afford, so now it's definitely time to let this one go.

The price to cover the new bike is $700 total including shipping within the continental US! Thanks!

-Gregory

Here's a shot of how the bike looks as I have had it kitted out for rides, and photos of some of the literature and the lucas light kit that comes with it (previous seller said the lights worked fine, I never put them on so can't say that 100%). Please note that the saddle bag, toe clips/straps, frame pump, and bottle/cage are not included!

Kilroy1988 04-20-18 08:22 AM

I listed this on Ebay for $750, and realized that they will take a 10% fee from the sale if it goes through... So I should be advertising this here for $675 to come out even either way. So $675 it is!

My dream bike is still for sale and I'm waiting for the opportunity... :love:

Slowride79 04-21-18 08:26 AM

Hello Gregory,

A very lovely and well cared for bike! Do you mind if I ask what shipping and tariff runs these days from England to the US?

Good luck with the sale and the dream bike!

Steve

Kilroy1988 04-21-18 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Slowride79 (Post 20297895)
Hello Gregory,

A very lovely and well cared for bike! Do you mind if I ask what shipping and tariff runs these days from England to the US?

Good luck with the sale and the dream bike!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I paid about $220 to have this bicycle shipped from the UK. Current Ebay UK auctions typically specify prices between £175-200 to ship to the US. I've never had to pay a customs fee on anything I received from an international seller, and I've had my share of items come in from all over Europe.

chiburi 09-17-18 10:31 PM

Hi Gregory,
I would take it off your hands for $675 shipped.

Aubergine 09-18-18 10:11 AM

Gregory, look into Bike Flights for shipping. I have shipped bikes from the US to Europe for much less than the shipping price you mentioned. Good luck on the sale!

Kilroy1988 11-01-18 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by chiburi (Post 20572045)
Hi Gregory,
I would take it off your hands for $675 shipped.

Hi Chiburi,

I did not get notified of your offer because my time as a premium member expired, I suspect. Are you still interested in the bike?

I am in fact here to offer it for sale again to anyone interested! The new price is actually $650!

Cheers!

-Gregory

Kilroy1988 11-22-18 12:02 PM

Giving the three bikes I have listed a *bump* for the holiday. I hope everyone stateside is having a great Thanksgiving, and for all of the international crowd I trust everyone is looking forward to a fine weekend!

-Gregory

Kilroy1988 12-14-18 09:52 AM

New price for BF members is $575, including shipping within the continental United States! Cheers!

crank_addict 12-16-18 12:52 PM

Free bump.
Talk of dangling the carrot, this is a sweet one!

'Way' over the limit now, but otherwise.....

Wordwreckin 12-16-18 06:11 PM

23” is also near the low end of what’s rideable for me. How y’all are you and what’s your inseam? Thanks

bikemig 12-17-18 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by crank_addict (Post 20707027)
Free bump.
Talk of dangling the carrot, this is a sweet one!

'Way' over the limit now, but otherwise.....

This is a cool bike . . . . it would be pretty snazzy to do the Lake Pepin 3 speed tour on this . . .

Oops this is a one speed. Well that just means you get to walk up some of those hills, :)

Are the wheels 26 x 1 and 3/8?

Are you throwing in the brochure with the bike?

Kilroy1988 12-17-18 02:42 PM

@Wordwreckin I'm 6'1" with a 35" inseam and the setup in the photos is how I ride it.

@bikemig Yes, the brochures (I have two copies), original warranty tag, and company letters sent out to dealerships prior to the 1951 model year (as shown in the thread about the bicycle) are all included in the sale. Also included is the Lucas King of the Road headlamp, taillight and generator that originally came with it. And yes, the wheels are 26". I'm not sure how wide the rims are, but they have 1 & 3/8" tires on them now, I believe. This was standard fare on British road bikes up until the mid-'50s.

@crank_addict Thanks for the bump!

This is still my favorite bicycle of all of the ten or so I currently own, mostly for the sentimental feeling I get while out riding it. However, I just don't ride enough in the off-season and am planning to sell most of what I've got to help afford a trip back to Russia to visit my wife's family and friends. There are always priorities in life! ^.^

-Gregory