Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How can you go fast on a df bike without aero bars? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1172777)

Fahrenheit531 05-16-19 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by robnol (Post 20926017)
the geometry of a time trial bike is different than a standard road bike.....i found extended time in the drops for aerodynamics to be cruel and unusual punishment....shove ur balls up to ur bellybutton for one not to mention back and arm fatigue

Rule #5 .

livedarklions 05-16-19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by robnol (Post 20933820)
a sphincter says what

Hearing voices is a pretty common psych symptom, but you're the first person I have seen who hears talking sphincters. I'd suggest getting that looked at.

Otherwise, if you really need to swipe 25 year old snark from Wayne's World, it's probably time to buy a new joke book.

robnol 05-16-19 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by livedarklions (Post 20933894)
Hearing voices is a pretty common psych symptom, but you're the first person I have seen who hears talking sphincters. I'd suggest getting that looked at.

Otherwise, if you really need to swipe 25 year old snark from Wayne's World, it's probably time to buy a new joke book.

sphincters usually say that...it must be hard to see with ur head up ur,....

superdex 05-17-19 12:10 AM

not sure it's even worth saying ****.

but ****.

Rollfast 05-17-19 12:21 AM

Pedal faster, my son. Pedal faster. Your quest is near.

livedarklions 05-17-19 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by robnol (Post 20933914)
sphincters usually say that...it must be hard to see with ur head up ur,....

You should try it, It's the ultimate aero position.

Sha-wing!!!!

Garfield Cat 05-17-19 07:11 AM

Here's part of the article

What?s the difference between a triathlon bike and a TT bike?

Bike fit

In a time trial, a cyclist’s only concern is getting to the finish line as fast as possible, leaving them completely spent after an all-out effort when they get off their TT bike. A triathlete has the run to deal with afterwards, which often means a more forgiving set-up. A triathlete will generally want their forearms wider apart on the aero extensions, and bent at a slight angle at the shoulder down to the elbow. Having the seat tube on their tri bike further forward also puts less pressure on the hips and hamstrings.

The add-on accessories needed to tackle a swim/bike/run race and achieving a position that helps the triathlete to save their legs for the run are the things that ultimately set apart a triathlon bike from a time trial bike; and it goes without saying, it’s always worth getting a professional bike fit to optimise your own position if you’re looking to buy your first tri bike.

robnol 05-17-19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Garfield Cat (Post 20934161)
Here's part of the article

What?s the difference between a triathlon bike and a TT bike?

Bike fit

In a time trial, a cyclist’s only concern is getting to the finish line as fast as possible, leaving them completely spent after an all-out effort when they get off their TT bike. A triathlete has the run to deal with afterwards, which often means a more forgiving set-up. A triathlete will generally want their forearms wider apart on the aero extensions, and bent at a slight angle at the shoulder down to the elbow. Having the seat tube on their tri bike further forward also puts less pressure on the hips and hamstrings.

The add-on accessories needed to tackle a swim/bike/run race and achieving a position that helps the triathlete to save their legs for the run are the things that ultimately set apart a triathlon bike from a time trial bike; and it goes without saying, it’s always worth getting a professional bike fit to optimise your own position if you’re looking to buy your first tri bike.

i agree well said