Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Getting back into it here in MA (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197794)

russtopherb 04-09-20 10:08 AM

Getting back into it here in MA

Hey all, I just spent a week going through the nearly 300 page "show us your vintage mountainbike" thread so I figured I'd get around to finally posting.

I grew up riding bikes all over town, my favorite was an '86 GT Performer that my younger brothers sold for $20 without my knowledge while I was in college. I'm still a bit peeved about that. That thing was amazing for BMX, freestyle, dirt jumping... I broke my top front two teeth in half on that thing on a bad landing. Not the bike's fault!

I had a cheap big box store bike I bought when my kids were younger, I ended up cracking the frame when a neighbor gave us an attachment that my son could ride on behind me. I found a Specialized Hardrock on CL that I ended up spending $60 on 9 years ago (and I just learned I bought it from someone who I've become friendly with the past few years, what a coincidence!), rode a couple of times per year, and it's sat in my garage ever since. This year at my annual, my doc told me he's getting tired of telling me to lose 15 lbs so there's less wear and tear on my bad knee. My parents have both had replacement surgeries (dad 2 knees, mom 1 hip) and I'd rather not go down that route. So I've been working out at home... which is boring. I'm down 5lbs so far but I realized that I have a great (but neglected) bike in the garage so I'm in the process of fixing it up so I can go out riding. Looks like I'll be working from home for another month or so, so it's great time to get parts ordered in and get it back on the road. Pics to come once I'm able to post!!

Rage 04-09-20 11:11 AM

Greetings!

lcdel 04-09-20 02:10 PM

Hello

Hello from Boston!

mackgoo 04-09-20 04:18 PM

Where's the "South Coast". I grew up on the "South Shore", Braintree. Then after a stint in the Navy lived in Plymouth for 20 years then came to my senses and moved to San Clemente Ca. As a kid I spent most summers at one set of Grandparents place on Shore Road in West Harwich, alot of Winters at the other set in Hartland Vt.

russtopherb 04-10-20 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by mackgoo (Post 21409904)
Where's the "South Coast". I grew up on the "South Shore", Braintree. Then after a stint in the Navy lived in Plymouth for 20 years then came to my senses and moved to San Clemente Ca. As a kid I spent most summers at one set of Grandparents place on Shore Road in West Harwich, alot of Winters at the other set in Hartland Vt.

The Southcoast is the greater New Bedford/Dartmouth/Fall River/Fairhaven area :D

jsilvia 04-21-20 03:44 AM

What town are you from? I am from Fairhaven.

russtopherb 04-21-20 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by jsilvia (Post 21430554)
What town are you from? I am from Fairhaven.

Grew up in New Bedford, been in Dartmouth the past 13 years.