Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Best Online Stores for Parts? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1207306)

HeHateMe2976 07-12-20 05:04 PM

Best Online Stores for Parts?

Aside from Amazon, can you folks recommend some good online stores for parts? I'm just getting back into biking after 25+ years away and just need some resources for bike parts. Thanks.

Mountain Mitch 07-12-20 05:12 PM

In no particular order, some I’ve used are: Jenson, Chain Reaction, Velo Orange, Pro Bike Kit, Competitive Cyclist. Some of the more general outdoor stores like Backcountry, REI, MEC can also be good resources.

Mulberry20 07-12-20 05:48 PM

Excel Sports in Boulder CO is a really good one.

Nyah 07-12-20 06:26 PM

My go-to retail sites are UniversalCycles .com and BensCycle .com.

veganbikes 07-12-20 06:50 PM

I prefer to go to my local shop. Rather shop local as Jeff Bezos is already a multi billionaire who is the richest man in the world and doesn't need our help anymore.

Nyah 07-12-20 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by veganbikes (Post 21583956)
I prefer to go to my local shop. Rather shop local as Jeff Bezos is already a multi billionaire who is the richest man in the world and doesn't need our help anymore.

That's what I did, actually, when I recently needed two racks and some other stuff - called the LBS on the phone and had them put in the order. Didn't take the LBS any longer to receive it, and I enjoyed having an excuse to ride my bicycle there to pick it up.

I agree w/you about Bezos. Amazon is an aspiring monopoly. I have boycotted them for at least the past five years.

InvertedMP 07-12-20 08:34 PM

Jensenusa.com competitivecyclist.com and excelsports.com are my 3 favorite

GeneO 07-12-20 10:08 PM

A-main cycling has wide selection of hard to find parts.

Pop N Wood 07-13-20 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nyah (Post 21584024)
That's what I did, actually, when I recently needed two racks and some other stuff - called the LBS on the phone and had them put in the order. Didn't take the LBS any longer to receive it, and I enjoyed having an excuse to ride my bicycle there to pick it up.

I agree w/you about Bezos. Amazon is an aspiring monopoly. I have boycotted them for at least the past five years.

how do you know the LBS didn't order them from Amazon?

Pop N Wood 07-13-20 04:24 AM

Lots of good on line retailers the trick is finding the one closest to you to minimize shipping time.

Universal Cycle is one state over from me. UPS ground shipping is never more than 2 days.

dedhed 07-13-20 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by veganbikes (Post 21583956)

If you have a good LBS they are an on line retailer. Ben's mentioned earlier is local to myself.

Trevtassie 07-13-20 04:55 AM

I like the German sites Bike-Discount, Bike-Components, Bike24 etc, not so handy since Shimano put the kybosh on international shipping. But still cheap for everything else.