Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   Looking for a frameset (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1137264)

brauxljo 03-02-18 09:25 PM

Looking for a frameset

Hi, I’m looking to get a frameset or complete bike whose frame has a triple triangle, curved seat tube, a top tube that passes the seat tube like on some GT frames, and bottle cage bosses. I listed these features in order of importance, I’m looking to build it as a single speed bike with dual pivot brakes and a variable radius dropbar. Thanks for any suggestions :^)

TMonk 03-02-18 09:39 PM

sounds expensive. Go Custom!

veganbikes 03-02-18 10:05 PM

So you are looking for a GT copy, sort of? Maybe see if anyone is selling an old GT? I know I have seen a fixed gear they did a while back, I doubt they still make it but you could check their website.

If not that you probably as TMonk (who is not actually TMonk but is still a cool cat) mentioned you might go custom. It is an expensive proposition but worth it to get what you want. However if custom is not in the budget and trying to track down old GTs isn't either you might consider why you want those features and what those features bring to the ride quality or ability of that bike and maybe consider a different option.

Scrodzilla 03-02-18 10:06 PM

Colossi.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1014/5...945cfb23_b.jpg

veganbikes 03-02-18 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Scrodzilla (Post 20201990)

Oh nice their website is working again. That Zapp Track with the faux wood paint job is pretty rad.

brauxljo 03-03-18 09:41 AM

How can framesets be ordered from them? I went to the website and there doesn’t seem to be a way to buy from them, their Apollo frame is really nice.

Scrodzilla 03-03-18 10:35 AM

Crazy idea: click the 'contact' link.

TejanoTrackie 03-03-18 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Scrodzilla (Post 20202548)

Didn’t you give up on them, because you had so much trouble getting them to actually ship them ?

brauxljo 03-03-18 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Scrodzilla (Post 20202548)

I did send an email, I guess they take a while to respond, if ever.

brauxljo 03-03-18 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by veganbikes (Post 20201988)
So you are looking for a GT copy, sort of? Maybe see if anyone is selling an old GT? I know I have seen a fixed gear they did a while back, I doubt they still make it but you could check their website.

If not that you probably as TMonk (who is not actually TMonk but is still a cool cat) mentioned you might go custom. It is an expensive proposition but worth it to get what you want. However if custom is not in the budget and trying to track down old GTs isn't either you might consider why you want those features and what those features bring to the ride quality or ability of that bike and maybe consider a different option.

Never mind the overly long top tube. Something like the Colossi Apollo or Yamaguchi Kilo/Pursuit, or at least like the Polo and Bike CMNDR.

Scrodzilla 03-03-18 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie (Post 20202580)
Didn’t you give up on them, because you had so much trouble getting them to actually ship them ?

That was mainly because the people "responsible" for distributing Colossi in the USA were a **** show to deal with and eventually went out of business after screwing a bunch of shops over. It didn't make much sense for Retrogression to continue trying to provide something we couldn't get, regardless of how much we liked the frames and how many people wanted to buy them.

Jan Kole can be pretty difficult to deal with and communication isn't always the best, but Colossi does turn out really good product if you can overcome those obstructions.

Senrab62 03-06-18 02:05 AM

Also try Spicer in Indiana. I have one of their triple diamond frames and it's the bee's knees.