Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXIX (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1209045)

Velo Vol 08-27-20 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21663452)
Checked most of my boxes in what I want in a frame, but the paint was red with tiny gold flake in it.

Hideous. Such a shame they ruined what could have been a great bike.

Red is dumb.

Velo Vol 08-27-20 07:51 AM

In the path of destruction. #Laura

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...689e7a2a5b.png

WhyFi 08-27-20 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21663484)

#NorthboundKOMhunt

BillyD 08-27-20 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21662625)
Ketorolac has a reputation for being stronger than ibuprofen and it’s not supposed to be used more than 5 days. I doubt there is good evidence for either of these, but if you have normal kidney function I think it’s reasonable to try. Remember to take some fiber and/or laxatives with the Percocet or you may get quite constipated. Heal up ASAP!

:thumb:

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21662644)
All true for ibuprofen, brother. Great drugs when you need them, but we use them sparingly in this house.

:thumb:

LAJ 08-27-20 08:07 AM

Learn to grip the down tube bottle the slightly awkward way you see pros do it. I know it looks strange, but it works. Then do it without breaking cadence.

LesterOfPuppets 08-27-20 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21663263)
It turns out I have a toothache/dental problem that is caused by my cycling.
( ...)
1. What's the best solution to this problem?
2. How do most road cyclists deal with an empty front water bottle?

Three B's:

Bidons
Belong on
Bars

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5c56178963.png

Also, gravel is great and steel is real. :)

WhyFi 08-27-20 08:10 AM

Man, the leader board says that we're a slackardly bunch this week.

MoAlpha 08-27-20 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21663514)
Three B's:

Bidon
Belong on
Bars

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5c56178963.png

My first 10-speed was a Heidemann Vainquer.

LesterOfPuppets 08-27-20 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21663517)

Dang, I slept in today, so another rest day for me. Unless night ride happens.

Velo Vol 08-27-20 08:17 AM

Oh well, time for one last mowing.

CNN reporter in Knoxville next week: "Tragically, everyone in this city was killed, but will you look at this beautiful lawn!"

bampilot06 08-27-20 08:19 AM

Go to closing this morning and after being told last night everything was ready. It appears it still is not, and no clear timeline on when it will be. Now I am angry.

LAJ 08-27-20 08:22 AM

I pulled the plug on training. There are a couple crits this weekend at the same track we've been on for the past 3 races, and my stoke level hit bottom. Training stupid hard for the Steamboat Stage race, and they changed the course to straight up, then straight down, partially on dirt. I'm sveldt, but I'm not a waif, so piss on that, Dirt? Double that sentiment. TT, the same thing. Ride 45 minutes out of town because there's no parking at the course start, then climb and descend... Phooey. It's also like the town didn't even want us there, even though we spend dollars... I know I drop a chunk with food, hotel, and the rest. Plus, our air was judged top in the top 5 of the worst out there. I can't remember if it was the world, or just the U.S. but it sucked.

I was doing my 5x5' VO2 Max and on the third one, I was even with my truck 4 minutes in, and my body took a right to the truck instead of finishing the last minute, and I've been off the bike ever since. I'll jump back on in the middle of the month, I suppose, but 2 years straight of structured riding took its toll.

LAJ 08-27-20 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21663534)
Go to closing this morning and after being told last night everything was ready. It appears it still is not, and no clear timeline on when it will be. Now I am angry.

Whose cage do you rattle?

bampilot06 08-27-20 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21663550)

I don’t even know. It’s the process in general. Informing me at 10 pm the day before closing that another verification is needed from my employer, employer saying it will be ready and then can’t be reached. Now it’s the First time homeowners loan getting held up. To me it should be black and white. Get what you need, have it ready days before closing and no issues will arise. I just happened to be off but what the hell if I had needed to take the day off. They can’t even give me a clear time frame of when this new required document will come in. And I wouldn’t be surprised if there is another required document after that one.

datlas 08-27-20 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21663484)

When you think of Laura, laugh, don't cry. I know she'd want it that way.

BillyD 08-27-20 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21663418)
When I am riding solo, it's fine. A non issue. But I do ride with my friends, and believe it or not, we often will ride for 1-2 hours STRAIGHT without a stop. I suppose I can stop and switch, then snap back to the others but that's hard work. Some of my friends are serious cyclists.

Thats funny, after all these years of riding i never realized that was an issue because i never ride with a hammering group.

datlas 08-27-20 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21663550)

Was it a ST cage or a DT cage?

phrantic09 08-27-20 08:45 AM

i have 0 miles and it’s currently raining.

our closing got pushed to Monday though due to the seller’s attorney being unresponsive so I can get some miles in tomorrow.

i hate attorneys (no offense to any here)

LesterOfPuppets 08-27-20 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21663534)

Damn, what a PITA.
​​​​​​

MoAlpha 08-27-20 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21663546)
I pulled the plug on training. There are a couple crits this weekend at the same track we've been on for the past 3 races, and my stoke level hit bottom. Training stupid hard for the Steamboat Stage race, and they changed the course to straight up, then straight down, partially on dirt. I'm sveldt, but I'm not a waif, so piss on that, Dirt? Double that sentiment. TT, the same thing. Ride 45 minutes out of town because there's no parking at the course start, then climb and descend... Phooey. It's also like the town didn't even want us there, even though we spend dollars... I know I drop a chunk with food, hotel, and the rest. Plus, our air was judged top in the top 5 of the worst out there. I can't remember if it was the world, or just the U.S. but it sucked.

I was doing my 5x5' VO2 Max and on the third one, I was even with my truck 4 minutes in, and my body took a right to the truck instead of finishing the last minute, and I've been off the bike ever since. I'll jump back on in the middle of the month, I suppose, but 2 years straight of structured riding took its toll.

Phooey! Sounds like the right move.

I have been going pretty hard for the last two weeks and planning to try and carry a positive ramp through next week's TT to the weekend of the 12th when Long-suffering Spouse and I go cruising for two weeks, but we'll see...

MoAlpha 08-27-20 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21663563)
I don’t even know. It’s the process in general. Informing me at 10 pm the day before closing that another verification is needed from my employer, employer saying it will be ready and then can’t be reached. Now it’s the First time homeowners loan getting held up. To me it should be black and white. Get what you need, have it ready days before closing and no issues will arise. I just happened to be off but what the hell if I had needed to take the day off. They can’t even give me a clear time frame of when this new required document will come in. And I wouldn’t be surprised if there is another required document after that one.

Sounds like someone (like your closing company) isn't doing their job.

datlas 08-27-20 08:49 AM

Sad. I am hoping to do the epic Lancaster County Bridge Ride on Saturday, but looks like Laura may be crashing the party. If the weather holds out I am on track to at least get close to 200 for the week.

#WedsSatSunRider

LesterOfPuppets 08-27-20 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21663525)
Dang, I slept in today, so another rest day for me. Unless night ride happens.

I guess I have 90 mins to ride and eat breakfast. Have to roll out on the gravel bike cuz both Roadies have flat rear tyres...

abshipp 08-27-20 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21663514)
Three B's:

Bidons
Belong on
Bars

I tried that with my SLT since it has no braze-ons. Felt weird since I was using a modern cage and bidon.

WhyFi 08-27-20 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21663619)
Sad. I am hoping to do the epic Lancaster County Bridge Ride on Saturday, but looks like Laura may be crashing the party. If the weather holds out I am on track to at least get close to 200 for the week.

#WedsSatSunRider

I might get to 200, but it's looking like a good chance of rain tomorrow morning and my daughter's bday is this weekend, so the chances of skipping out for an all-day ride aren't great, at least on Sat.