Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Beach Cruisers (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=328)
-   -   DYNO Taboo Tiki NIB (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1137787)

mglynn10 03-08-18 01:15 PM

DYNO Taboo Tiki NIB

I'm new to the forums, but I was hoping someone could provide some insight on the DYNO Taboo Tiki. I was fortunate enough to pick up a couple collector bikes locally a few years ago. I'm toying with the idea of letting one go for wedding funds, but would like to have a better understanding of the market value.

With that said, I have a Taboo Tiki brand new, not assembled in original box with shipping labels from the bike shop in 2001. I've had a hard time ever finding how many were ever produced and have yet to see another collector with one in box. I know the used market can go from a couple hundred up to a grand depending on condition.

Any insight, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

fietsbob 03-09-18 11:56 AM

Never heard of it, you have to provide more information yourself.

rhenning 03-09-18 04:06 PM

I found they were $250 when new. Maybe $125 now but looking at the pictures it isn't a bike I would want to own. It appears to be a peddle forwad design and my back doesn't like that. Roger

Rsharris 05-09-18 09:58 PM

There is one on eBay now for $775. It is not new in the box. Yours should be worth much more. Although its only worth what someone's willing to pay.

Crossthreaded88 06-04-18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rsharris (Post 20332052)
There is one on eBay now for $775. It is not new in the box. Yours should be worth much more. Although its only worth what someone's willing to pay.

Right person right price. There is a club of guys in Austrailia who collect and ride these bikes and one sold to them for $1200 American a few years back. I own one and I wouldn't trade it for any thing. Every time I ride it people freak out and lose their minds over it. Can't leave it anywhere or they'd steal it the light up tiki dude on the front fender blows them away at night. Try eBay Austrailia for starters and see if you can hook a big fish there are guys out there that would buy a second one if it were NIB.

TikiGal 10-13-19 10:33 AM

Looking for a Tiki Taboo cruiser

I know this is a very outside chance, but wondering if you ever sold your tiki bike. I’m looking for one in very good condition. Thank you!

Just Looking 10-13-19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by TikiGal (Post 21161883)
I know this is a very outside chance, but wondering if you ever sold your tiki bike. I’m looking for one in very good condition. Thank you!

I've seen one for sale on CL in South Florida for $995, just posted up on Oct 11th. I can't post a link so go to Craigslist > South Florida > Palm Beach Co > For Sale > Bikes then search for Dyno. I have no relationship to this item or seller, just trying to help out.

JehD 10-13-19 01:23 PM

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bik...986165578.html

Heres the link. I was curious and found it. Interesting but not for me.

TikiGal 10-13-19 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Just Looking (Post 21162031)
I've seen one for sale on CL in South Florida for $995, just posted up on Oct 11th. I can't post a link so go to Craigslist > South Florida > Palm Beach Co > For Sale > Bikes then search for Dyno. I have no relationship to this item or seller, just trying to help out.

Thank you! I’ll check it out.

TikiGal 10-13-19 04:31 PM

Looking for a taboo tiki cruiser

Thanks guys! I’ll try and reach out to the guy in Florida.
In my wildest dreams, I’d love to find one in California, just to make the shipping easier. I know there are not a ton of them out there, though.
On a happy side note, just scored a mint condition Von Franco Tangerine cruiser for my hubby. 😄

FiftySix 10-13-19 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by TikiGal (Post 21162285)
On a happy side note, just scored a mint condition Von Franco Tangerine cruiser for my hubby. 😄

Congrats! :thumb:

ceelonium 12-05-19 11:58 AM

Von Franco GT Tangerine

".............. happy side note, just scored a mint condition Von Franco Tangerine cruiser for my hubby..."

Does anyone have an idea how many of the Tangerine Von Francos were made? I bought one recently in ok'ish condition and the guy said only 12 were ever made - but that sounds astoundingly low.

Cword 12-05-19 02:30 PM

There's got to be more than 12, I know of a few here in Calgary, so statistically the numbers have to be a lot larger.
I stumbled in here after instagraming my Von Franco and Tiki. Von Franco commented on the image of his namesake bike saying it was his favorite of the cruisers

therealvonfranco

THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE ONE. 😎👍👍

ceelonium 12-05-19 04:17 PM

That's awesome! I wrote GT and they said they don't know the total # b/c it was built before they took over the company. Maybe someone at Dyno knows.

Cword 12-05-19 09:34 PM

For what it's worth the serial number on mine ends in 146 (after a few zeros) if they were produced in consecutive batches that could be a clue. It might only pertain to frame sequence though and most Dyno cruisers are built around the same frame.

TikiGal 12-05-19 09:49 PM

Tangerine Von Franco

I know several of Dyno’s limited runs were of 1000 or so bikes, but I’m not sure how many of the Tangerine Von Franco’s were made. There are several for sale around here, so they seem more common than say, the Mooneyes or Taboo Tiki. Seems like the biggest problem with them is that the gorgeous candy tangerine paint fades easily. Enjoy yours, they are a beautiful bike and ride so nice