Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Nishiki NFS (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1117349)

Norbi4u 08-04-17 09:01 AM

Nishiki NFS

5 Attachment(s)
Is this bike worth buying for 150usd?

T-Mar 08-04-17 09:54 AM

NFS (Need For Speed) was an early 1990s series of Nishiki models designed by Richard Cunningham. The concept was to use smaller diameter 650C wheels which were lighter and could use less spokes (28) for aerodynamic advantage. All the models also featured mono-stays and a 3rd set of bottle mounts behind the seat tube. They were very popular with triathletes.

I've seen the triathlon specific Altron and the Alpha and Beta road versions but the Prestige is new to me. I wonder if it has been completely rebuilt based on the Campagnolo parts and what appear to 32 spoke wheels? It is a very small frame which, in conjunction with the atypical wheels will make it a much harder flip. However, $150 is more than fair.

zukahn1 08-04-17 04:53 PM

I would agree a very nice bike these were made for shorter distance racing and had great performance characteristics very responsive yet still reasonable comfortable to ride. As for value this one while it needs some stuff is well worth $150. Figure on budgeting another $150 or so for parts and service to get it road ready.

VGBike 06-17-21 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by T-Mar (Post 19767886)
NFS (Need For Speed) was an early 1990s series of Nishiki models designed by Richard Cunningham. The concept was to use smaller diameter 650C wheels which were lighter and could use less spokes (28) for aerodynamic advantage. All the models also featured mono-stays and a 3rd set of bottle mounts behind the seat tube. They were very popular with triathletes.

I've seen the triathlon specific Altron and the Alpha and Beta road versions but the Prestige is new to me. I wonder if it has been completely rebuilt based on the Campagnolo parts and what appear to 32 spoke wheels? It is a very small frame which, in conjunction with the atypical wheels will make it a much harder flip. However, $150 is more than fair.

Bonjour, vous avez l'air de connaître ce modèle, je viens d'en acquérir un NFS Prestige cadre et fourche nu et je cherche des infos technique pour démarrer le montage mais ne trouve pas grand chose (standard BDP/JDD) auriez vous quelques infos..?
​​​​​​

bikemig 06-17-21 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by VGBike (Post 22106069)
Bonjour, vous avez l'air de connaître ce modèle, je viens d'en acquérir un NFS Prestige cadre et fourche nu et je cherche des infos technique pour démarrer le montage mais ne trouve pas grand chose (standard BDP/JDD) auriez vous quelques infos..?
​​​​​​

Il n'y a aucun doute que T-Mar c'est un expert. La majorite des gens ici ne parle que Anglais. Serait une bonne idee que vous commence un page avec c'est question en Classic and Vintage. Il y a beaucoup des gens ici que peux vous aider.

VGBike 06-17-21 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by bikemig (Post 22106084)
Il n'y a aucun doute que T-Mar c'est un expert. La majorite des gens ici ne parle que Anglais. Serait une bonne idee que vous commence un page avec c'est question en Classic and Vintage. Il y a beaucoup des gens ici que peux vous aider.

Hello, thanks for your response ans sorry for my post in french, i use Google translate and i don't see initial is in english 😉