Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Got my Judas Priest tickets (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1194648)

Hondo Gravel 02-26-20 12:12 AM

Got my Judas Priest tickets

Yup another geezer band :lol: 2020 the year of geezer band tours and I love it.

subgrade 02-27-20 06:52 AM

I'm still on the fence. They are one of my favourite bands, but at the same time, now that neither of the magical guitar duo is in the band/plays live anymore, I'm not sure.

It was announced recently that KK has launched his own tribute version of the band, named KK's Priest, with Ripper Owens on vocals and Les Binks on drums. Thus Priest joins the ranks of bands there are two versions of....

ahsposo 02-27-20 06:55 AM

A recent picture of JP rehearsing for the tour:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ee3107459.jpeg

ahsposo 02-27-20 07:01 AM

Groupies getting down:

Hondo Gravel 02-27-20 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by subgrade (Post 21344826)
I'm still on the fence. They are one of my favourite bands, but at the same time, now that neither of the magical guitar duo is in the rband/plays live anymore, I'm not sure.

It was announced recently that KK has launched his own tribute version of the band, named KK's Priest, with Ripper Owens on vocals and Les Binks on drums. Thus Priest joins the ranks of bands there are two versions of....

With KK out and Tipton ill it will be a different Priest. I will find out Oct 6

Hondo Gravel 02-27-20 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by ahsposo (Post 21344828)
A recent picture of JP rehearsing for the tour:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ee3107459.jpeg

It is sunny today but you are trying to make it cloudy. I saw that band somewhere at a Flying J in Georgia.

subgrade 02-27-20 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel (Post 21345119)
With KK out and Tipton ill it will be a different Priest. I will find out Oct 6

When it was Tipton and Faulkner, the live reviews were mostly positive. Now that it is Andy Sneap instead of Tipton, I don't really know what to expect; from the few live clips I've watched on youtube, it seems that most of the time he's kind of just standing there. At least Halford is still in good vocal form, and the latest album was really good.

Hondo Gravel 02-27-20 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by subgrade (Post 21345157)
When it was Tipton and Faulkner, the live reviews were mostly positive. Now that it is Andy Sneap instead of Tipton, I don't really know what to expect; from the few live clips I've watched on youtube, it seems that most of the time he's kind of just standing there. At least Halford is still in good vocal form, and the latest album was really good.

Fire Power I listen to off Amazon music yes it is good material. Sounds like classic JP.

Juan Foote 02-27-20 01:08 PM

I saw Judas Priest at a large show many years ago. They were VERY good live.

As with many of their counterparts from the time, I am firm in the belief that there comes a time you should recognize your age and fading ability, and call live performance of music in this strain a part of the past. I cannot even begin to imagine that this show, nor several of the others you have mentioned having tickets to will be more than a sad reminder of what was.

ahsposo 02-27-20 02:46 PM

Rollfast 02-27-20 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Juan Foote (Post 21345443)
I saw Judas Priest at a large show many years ago. They were VERY good live.

As with many of their counterparts from the time, I am firm in the belief that there comes a time you should recognize your age and fading ability, and call live performance of music in this strain a part of the past. I cannot even begin to imagine that this show, nor several of the others you have mentioned having tickets to will be more than a sad reminder of what was.

You never saw Bob Seger?

Hondo Gravel 02-27-20 10:59 PM

We all are Sad Bastards :roflmao2: I’m going to rock out! Then I will consider shucking pecans in the back :D My retirement trees I fondly refer to them as they get the greatest care.

ahsposo 02-28-20 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel (Post 21346149)
Iím going to rock out!

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...40187e94a1.gif

Hondo Gravel 02-28-20 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ahsposo (Post 21346314)

Did you film this? :roflmao: this one is cracking me up.

Trakhak 02-28-20 11:02 AM

Speaking of geezer bands, Kraftwerk is hitting North America for the first time in decades for their 50th anniversary tour! 3D visuals, baby! (It's an amazing show, no kidding.)

For Hondo:
07-01 Austin, TX - ACL Live at the Moody Theater

07-02 Dallas, TX - Bomb Factory.

Official Kraftwerk site

Hondo Gravel 02-29-20 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trakhak (Post 21346644)
Speaking of geezer bands, Kraftwerk is hitting North America for the first time in decades for their 50th anniversary tour! 3D visuals, baby! (It's an amazing show, no kidding.)

For Hondo:

Official Kraftwerk site

Not familiar with the band but they remind my of DEVO.

Rollfast 03-01-20 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trakhak (Post 21346644)

For Hondo:

Official Kraftwerk site

They have played several times in the US in the last 12 years, including the Coachella festival and in Miami about six or eight years ago.

Notso_fastLane 03-10-20 11:11 AM

I saw Priest right after Nightcrawler came out, and Ripper was the lead singer, but the rest of the band was still original JP. It was a club show, with seating for less than 400, so it was pretty amazing.

I was under the impression that Halford didn't have the rights to the name, but maybe they came up with some kind of agreement.

Halford is lead in this 'version', correct? I'm seriously considering picking up a ticket for this show, but haven't decided yet.

Hondo Gravel 03-10-20 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Notso_fastLane (Post 21360673)
I saw Priest right after Nightcrawler came out, and Ripper was the lead singer, but the rest of the band was still original JP. It was a club show, with seating for less than 400, so it was pretty amazing.

I was under the impression that Halford didn't have the rights to the name, but maybe they came up with some kind of agreement.

Halford is lead in this 'version', correct? I'm seriously considering picking up a ticket for this show, but haven't decided yet.

Halford is the lead singer. The Fire Power album is great back to form IMHO. Should be a great show.