Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Professional Cycling For the Fans (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Fantasy Vuelta + general Vuelta Discussion! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1181385)

diphthong 08-17-19 02:18 PM

Fantasy Vuelta + general Vuelta Discussion!

¡venga! ¡venga! ¡venga! it's heeerrre. vuelta season! fave gt of the year for a couple of reasons, most of which i have forgotten
but will quickly be reminded of by stage 2 or 3. we are, thankfully, back to the usual fantasy format:

https://www.velogames.com/spain/2019/

league name: bike forums

if you have entered into our little donnybrooks in the past, you should automatically be entered into the league.
if it's been a while or you're *gasp* a first-timer, we'll have you lead out the sprint by using the league code as well:

league code: 113691711 *edited*

deadline to enter is saturday/sabado, august/agosto 24th @ 18:45 cest. dunno how that translates to your particular
sliver of the planet but suffice it to say, it's probably earlier than you want it to be to register on the 24th. looks like
a fun field. ¡olé!

one4smoke 08-17-19 05:30 PM

Going for the hat trick...

:thumb:

GrainBrain 08-17-19 08:21 PM

It wouldn't accept the mini league code of 1423956809961 :foo:

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 21080370)
*edit...league code 113691711 seems to work*

​​​​​​Sweet I'm in. Disappointed I couldn't select a US Postal jersey :eek:

​​​

2cam16 08-17-19 08:37 PM

Yup, didn't work for me either.

diphthong 08-18-19 03:08 AM

oops! used the league code from the rogue tdf site (another great midlife moment) vs this usual site. of course it wouldn't work.
try league code 113691711 instead. it worked for the giro and the dauphine. i e-mailed the velogames site as well so if that code
doesn't work, should have a solution well before saturday. sorry about that b's and g's.

*edit...league code 113691711 seems to work*

2cam16 08-18-19 08:14 AM

Cool! Thanks for the update!

diphthong 08-19-19 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by one4smoke (Post 21080032)
Going for the hat trick...

:thumb:

going for the gt dubblefest...giro/vuelta. not as optimistic as i was a month ago...there's a rider or two that i couldn't coax onto the roster
no matter how i tried to game the system. grrr...

one4smoke 08-19-19 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 21081720)
going for the gt dubblefest...giro/vuelta. not as optimistic as i was a month ago...there's a rider or two that i couldn't coax onto the roster
no matter how i tried to game the system. grrr...

Yeah, not exactly thrilled with my selections either. But, who knows?

diphthong 08-19-19 02:17 PM

too many riders i wanted and a handful i had totally forgotten about that were must-haves. that plus more riders added today = paralysis by analysis

slcbob 08-20-19 10:56 AM

OK. Hasty team picked and entered.

Office pool: come race start, how many of the 9 riders now on my team will still be on my team?

I'm going with 3. Let the indecision and second-guessing begin!!

diphthong 08-20-19 06:25 PM

^ surely you mean hasta, not hasty...¿?

slcbob 08-20-19 07:55 PM

I do mean "hasta". And stop calling me Shirley.

one4smoke 08-21-19 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by slcbob (Post 21084077)
OK. Hasty team picked and entered.

Office pool: come race start, how many of the 9 riders now on my team will still be on my team?

I'm going with 3. Let the indecision and second-guessing begin!!

I used to be indecisive ...now, I'm not so sure. :foo:

diphthong 08-21-19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by slcbob (Post 21084850)
I do mean "hasta". And stop calling me Shirley.

i was gonna call you late for the vuelta but you've emerged from the swirling and nebulous mists of the interwebz just in the nick of time to fall off the podium.

slcbob 08-21-19 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 21086033)
i was gonna call you late for the vuelta but you've emerged from the swirling and nebulous mists of the interwebz just in the nick of time to fall off the podium.

No rush! There are still several weeks for me to fall off the podium.

SpinClassSara 08-22-19 11:34 AM

exciting!!!

diphthong 08-22-19 12:08 PM

carapaz is now out which is a bummer. was looking forward to him shredding on the climbs. reshuffling the team time...

diphthong 08-23-19 03:14 AM

one more day to register! probably rolled through 60-65 different teams so far. it never gets easier, you just change your team more often.

GrainBrain 08-23-19 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 21087564)
carapaz is now out which is a bummer. was looking forward to him shredding on the climbs. reshuffling the team time...

Shenanigans! I had him as well. Is Nairo throwing his weight around for his last few months with moviestar?

EF is looking strong, I instantly selected Craddock because I don't care how he does, he's just cool. TJ is not on my roster this time...

slcbob 08-23-19 03:40 AM

Somebody was doomed when I said to myself "OK, that's it, no more changes" on Thursday morning. Sorry about that, Carapaz.

I am not having the budget problems I usually do. Though maybe I should go for Primoz and put myself in a crunch.

diphthong 08-23-19 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by GrainBrain (Post 21088480)
Shenanigans! I had him as well. Is Nairo throwing his weight around for his last few months with moviestar?

EF is looking strong, I instantly selected Craddock because I don't care how he does, he's just cool. TJ is not on my roster this time...

ef, jv, bora, movistar, astana, ineos all looking strong. carapaz suffered some minor injuries duing a pre-vuelta race/crit...bummer

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cara...elta-a-espana/

diphthong 08-23-19 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by slcbob (Post 21088485)
Somebody was doomed when I said to myself "OK, that's it, no more changes" on Thursday morning. Sorry about that, Carapaz.

I am not having the budget problems I usually do. Though maybe I should go for Primoz and put myself in a crunch.

me neither. primoz has probably the strongest team and is an undeniable talent but not seeing the vuelta as his race. the tour...yes. the giro...maybe. the vuelta...no.
his tt ability and consistency in the mountains will (probably) eventually land him a gt win with team jv only getting stronger and looking after him should he stay.
haven't really seem the separation ability in the mtns but he doesn't tend to yo-yo from best to worst in the space of two stages like many gc climbers.

dstrong 08-23-19 07:33 AM

I'm in and already showing in second place!!!

GrainBrain 08-23-19 11:31 AM

Okay I think I'm set. Swapped out Ben King for a Spanish continental rider because it felt like the right thing to do - when in Rome, er, Madrid right?

We got any takers for the TTT? I'm saying Bora.

dstrong 08-23-19 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by GrainBrain (Post 21089056)
Okay I think I'm set. Swapped out Ben King for a Spanish continental rider because it felt like the right thing to do - when in Rome, er, Madrid right?

We got any takers for the TTT? I'm saying Bora.

EF in the TTT

And now I'm in 6th! And it hasn't even started! :lol: