Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Folding Bikes (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Rear rack for disc brake folder? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1086670)

foldHer 11-03-16 12:11 PM

Rear rack for disc brake folder?

Hi there,
Wondering if anyone knows if a Racktime Fold-it rear rack will fit a Dahon Formula s18. It is a Mu style frame with disc brakes.
Thanks!

fietsbob 11-03-16 01:03 PM

You can try it, full size panniers will need a full height Rack, anyhow.

The top front mounting struts will have to be Much longer..

and You will have to spread the Left side wider with Spacers and a Longer bolt.

It Is common Way of having a rack clear around a disc Brake caliper..

If this does not seem intuitive, having a Bike shop do the installation for you is a way to make that simple..

'/,

Pinigis 11-03-16 01:06 PM

Did you check to see if Thor has something that will fit without a bunch of modifications?

HGR3inOK 11-03-16 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by foldHer (Post 19166861)
... Wondering if anyone knows if a Racktime Fold-it rear rack will fit a Dahon Formula s18. It is a Mu style frame with disc brakes. ...

FWIW, I think the Formula is a Vitesse frame rather than a Mu frame. As previously mentioned, check with ThorUSA.com.

-HANK RYAN-
Norman, Oklahoma USA

smallwheeler 11-03-16 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by HGR3inOK (Post 19167304)
FWIW, I think the Formula is a Vitesse frame rather than a Mu frame. As previously mentioned, check with ThorUSA.com.

-HANK RYAN-
Norman, Oklahoma USA

how many of your posts are adverts for thorusa? 20? 30? more?

HGR3inOK 11-03-16 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by smallwheeler (Post 19167504)
how many of your posts are adverts for thorusa? 20? 30? more?

I have no idea how many of my posts an unbiased reader would consider "adverts for thorusa". If the question had been how many of my posts have referenced ThorUSA, then I am pretty sure the answer is "more". ;)

I have been a member of this forum since April 2009. My experience has been that no one has been more helpful in this forum than Thorsten Schaette ("Thor"). He provided me with good advice in 2008 on a different forum knowing that I was looking to purchase a used Dahon on Craigslist. During the period that our company was a Dahon and Tern dealer (2010-2015), Thor was always available with information and advice when we had questions or problems. I have never referred a forum member to ThorUSA when I did not believe it was in the best interest of the forum member. Having been involved in online forums for over 30 years, my experience has been that successful forums usually encourage user participation and sharing of information. :)

I apologize to the other members of this forum for going so far off topic to answer your question.

-HANK RYAN-
Norman, Oklahoma USA