Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   2 part Lance special...u watch? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1203251)

thehammerdog 06-01-20 04:40 AM

2 part Lance special...u watch?

saw part 2 last night. love lance loved the era he raced he was a superhero.
he is however a megaprick.
i remain a fan but he guy is cold hearted mofo.
he was however the better more focused athlete of the bunch.
All were dirty.
i suggest viewing it.

znomit 06-01-20 05:04 AM

:popcorn

ZHVelo 06-01-20 05:26 AM

Just watching his drug riddled, worn out face nowadays is satisfaction enough.

spelger 06-01-20 07:03 AM

Don’t make me vomit.

tagaproject6 06-01-20 08:20 AM

Trigger time :popcorn: :trainwreck: :deadhorse:

BillyD 06-01-20 08:34 AM

I never realized before that he was a total jerk from the time he was an adolescent.

jimmyodonnell 06-01-20 08:43 AM

I've watched the first part only (enjoyed it) and I hope to watch the second part tonight / this week (looking forward to it).
I can say that in the first part I learned nothing new, in regard to info or perspective, that I had not already learned or experienced in other work covering this ground.

noodle soup 06-01-20 08:46 AM

Part 1 was much more interesting, than part 2.

I knew Tyler Hamilton when he was an amateur, so it was good to see him talk about his own doping. It was also good to hear from Floyd Landis.

thehammerdog 06-01-20 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21508995)
Part 1 was much more interesting, than part 2.

I knew Tyler Hamilton when he was an amateur, so it was good to see him talk about his own doping. It was also good to hear from Floyd Landis.

knew as in raced with?
he was very talented.

noodle soup 06-01-20 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by thehammerdog (Post 21509004)
knew as in raced with?

yeah on CCB Racing.

thehammerdog 06-01-20 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21509091)
yeah on CCB Racing.

verycool.
u must be a champ on bike.

noodle soup 06-01-20 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by thehammerdog (Post 21509101)
verycool.
u must be a champ on bike.

:roflmao2:Cat3(retired)

thehammerdog 06-01-20 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21509116)
:roflmao2:Cat3(retired)

still good.
im 50 plus cat 5.
kinda sux.
but i did meet lance in philly once.
so....:)

tomato coupe 06-01-20 10:21 AM

Spolier alert:

Lance thinks he's a victim.

79pmooney 06-01-20 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by thehammerdog (Post 21508699)
he is however a megaprick.

I won't watch him or do anything to patronize him in any way. Not until he has served adequate punishment for the screwing he has done to others. Ie hard jail time. None of us could do what he did (or had other do for him) to others and not see a cold cell. I suspect he is still wealthier than most of us. He screwed more than a few of real income and turned several into basically untouchables.

I do find it amusing that the person that brought him down was Floyd Landis, who just might become more wealthy selling pot! Lance Armstrong's big mistake. There are people you don't screw with. Landis is one of them. Oops.

Ben

noodle soup 06-01-20 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by thehammerdog (Post 21509170)
still good.
im 50 plus cat 5.
kinda sux.

You'll be a Cat4 as soon as you put in your races.

I'm 52, and couldn't imagine racing 4/5 again. 95% of the speed of a Cat 3 race, without the skills.:eek:

noodle soup 06-01-20 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by 79pmooney (Post 21509200)

I do find it amusing that the person that brought him down was Floyd Landis, who just might become more wealthy selling pot! Lance Armstrong's big mistake. There are people you don't screw with. Landis is one of them. Oops.

Ben

+1

Lance still HATES Floyd.

indyfabz 06-01-20 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by thehammerdog (Post 21509170)
but i did meet lance in philly once.
so....:)

Before the pro road race championship? One year, the Saturday before the race, I was fixing a mechanical by the side of an MUP when he and the rest of Motorola rode by. I was so mad at the mechanic who hadn’t tightened my BB cup sufficiently. At the speed they were going I probably could have hung on the back for deer life. Back in the 80s a group of rag tag locals, including myself, did just that the day before the race with 7-11 and later Coor’s Lite. Was probably ‘87 or ‘88.

indyfabz 06-01-20 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21509214)
+1

Lance still HATES Floyd.

I’m relatively close to Landis country. (There is actually a town called Landisville out that way. Don’t know if it’s named after predecessors of his.) There’s a large, club ride out there in August. After his downfall, some people along the route had signs in front of their houses showing support for him. Some messages painted on the road too.

GlennR 06-01-20 10:57 AM

It was the age of doping, many did it, but none were as viscous as he was. He F'ed up the lives of everyone around him and he still doesn't get it.

Pete Rose never bet against his team and Barry Bonds will always have an asterisk next to his name.

And part 1 was more interesting that part 2.

Velo Vol 06-01-20 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by tomato coupe (Post 21509187)
Spolier alert:

Lance thinks he's a victim.

Link?

I didn't see him complaining about much, other than getting kicked out of Livestrong.

big john 06-01-20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by 79pmooney (Post 21509200)

Ben

Landis is responsible for his own downfall,, Lance didn't "screw with" him. After Landis tested positive twice while in yellow, he served a suspension. When he tried to come back and wanted on the Radio Shack team he was turned down, not because of Lance, but because they were trying to secure an invitation to the Tour and that would have never happened with Floyd on the squad.
All the bitterness and ugliness happened after Landis blew the whistle, effectively ending any chance of a career in cycling for himself.

big john 06-01-20 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 21509270)
It was the age of doping, many did it, but none were as viscous as he was. He F'ed up the lives of everyone around him and he still doesn't get it..

I think he gets it. He did admit he was a Fing Ahole. (his words) He made several references to what a prick he was.

noodle soup 06-01-20 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 21509270)
It was the age of doping, many did it, but none were as viscous as he was. He F'ed up the lives of everyone around him and he still doesn't get it..

You couldn't win if you didn't. A few got caught, but from what I've been told by a few pros, FAR from all the dopers got busted.

I have no problem with the doping, It's what he did to the people that accused him of doping that bothers me.

tomato coupe 06-01-20 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21509279)
Link?

The documentary that's under discussion.