Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Major Tire Help Needed!!!! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=273740)

jpearl 03-01-07 06:25 PM

Major Tire Help Needed!!!!

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm out riding Sunday. 32 farenheit, 3 inches of slushy snow on the ground, basically a nice day for a ride. As I'm coming home, I turn off the sidewalk to the path up to my building and POP! I slash my tire on a metal strip. The slash went through the whole tire because I was running them low for the snow.

Here's the real sucky part:
The tire was a Ritchey Speedmax pro 30cc with a folding kevlar bead. I go to my LBS for a new one and lo and behold - THEY'RE DISCONTINUED :(

Man, I love these tires, and now it seems they're all gone. Does anyone know where I can find one, maybe your LBS has one laying around. If so, I would super appreciate it if you could find a brand new one for me to purchase.

Please help a fellow 'crosser out. I'll be in the corner weeping until then. Thanks.

nowheels 03-02-07 09:04 AM

Ebay........that is where I got my pair.......they always seem to have them up there for sale.

JimmyMack 03-02-07 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by jpearl

The tire was a Ritchey Speedmax pro 30cc with a folding kevlar bead. I go to my LBS for a new one and lo and behold - THEY'RE DISCONTINUED :(

WHAT!!! Discontinued! Oh man. This marks a bad day for cross. That's a really good tire. Time to stock up on a pair or two.

alreadyblue 03-02-07 10:47 AM

Yeah, Ebay. Try there first. Personally I didn't really like the Speedmax's for racing. They were cheap, don't get me wrong, but the performance was mediocre. I switched to the Vitoria clinchers and was really happy with those.

justinb 03-02-07 12:08 PM

Man, I love these tires, and now it seems they're all gone. Does anyone know where I can find one, maybe your LBS has one laying around. If so, I would super appreciate it if you could find a brand new one for me to purchase.

Please help a fellow 'crosser out. I'll be in the corner weeping until then. Thanks.

Is 32 or 35 ok? I got a pair of 32s at Performance for cheap.

socalrider 03-02-07 10:22 PM

I bought a set from bens cycle on ebay.. solid seller.. they have 700x32

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...TCHEY+Speedmax

ronbridal 03-02-07 10:54 PM

So I'm out riding Sunday. 32 farenheit, 3 inches of slushy snow on the ground, basically a nice day for a ride. As I'm coming home, I turn off the sidewalk to the path up to my building and POP! I slash my tire on a metal strip. The slash went through the whole tire because I was running them low for the snow.

Try a google search for "Ritchey Speedmax Pro"

rocky rode 03-06-07 08:22 AM

Size?

Are the Speedmax Pro sized pretty accurately? I ride in pretty rocky terrain and like a big tire, I'm running 38mm WTB Interwolfs right now. I'm pretty happy with them but would like a little faster tire for mostly gravel with some pavement type rides. Think I'll try the 35mm Speedmax if they really are about 35mm. TIA!