Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   BMX (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New bike? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1163180)

Joeeyyy 12-30-18 09:54 PM

New bike?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and haven't been actively riding for the last 10 years, so I need some help. My info, I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs. 39 years old. Still pretty active, in the gym regularly and can push out a 8.5-minute mile. I'm not trying to relive my "RAD" or "BMX" days, just looking to peddle around with my 5 and 2 year old boys at the local pump track and rhythm section, maybe a few small jumps. I want to leave my options open... My budget is under $500 I'm looking at the Sunday model 24C or Harro group1 24. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

cbrstar 01-02-19 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Joeeyyy (Post 20725267)
Hi, I'm new to the forum and haven't been actively riding for the last 10 years, so I need some help. My info, I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs. 39 years old. Still pretty active, in the gym regularly and can push out a 8.5-minute mile. I'm not trying to relive my "RAD" or "BMX" days, just looking to peddle around with my 5 and 2 year old boys at the local pump track and rhythm section, maybe a few small jumps. I want to leave my options open... My budget is under $500 I'm looking at the Sunday model 24C or Harro group1 24. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi Joey, and welcome back to the world of BMX! If your are looking to buy a used BMX you may want to try www.bmxmuseum.com otherwise you're just going to have to keep your eyes peeled on Craig's list. Sunday is a pretty nice NS bike, and the Haro is aluminum so I imagine it's pretty light but I don't think you are going to find one under $500. Honestly IMHO any 24" bike is going to suit your needs, so the most important thing is to get riding again.

airgreek 01-07-19 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Joeeyyy (Post 20725267)

Why not a 26" cruiser. Fun as heck bikes but much more comfy

EdwinHeadwind 01-07-19 05:29 PM

Sunday Model C all day long. The 24" size is a great middle ground between "cruising" and "playing," and the Model Cs that I've ridden had really nice handling -- quick-steering, but not dump-you-on-your-middle-aged-ass quick. I love 26" bikes, but pump tracks are lots more fun with a shorter wheelbase, IMO

bmxfamily 01-14-19 07:48 AM

bmx racing

kanti 03-20-19 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by airgreek (Post 20735836)
Why not a 26" cruiser. Fun as heck bikes but much more comfy

I was thinking the exact same thing. Would go for the cruiser in your situation for sure.