Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   "The 33"-Road Bike Racing (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Race Video Thread! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=740587)

KDTX 06-03-11 09:07 AM

The Race Video Thread!

Lot's of videos posted all over the place. I figure we needed a dedicated place for RACE only videos.

Post em here.

I'll start. This video has some good slo-mo footage at the end. It was helpful in studying the competition. I had a bad race the week after this one, but at least I knew who to watch and what they where capable of in the final sprint.

Forza 06-03-11 11:10 AM

Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race (Stage 3 5/22/11)

Ravensdale RR (5/7/11)

Vance Creek RR (5/1/11)

Olympic View RR (4/10/11)

Indpendence Valley RR (3/26/11)

Tour de Dungeness RR #1 (3/12/11)

Mason Lake RR #1 (3/6/11)

graphs 06-03-11 12:15 PM

Great idea!

Hammonjj 06-03-11 12:42 PM

What program are you guys using to overlay the course and other HUD information?

Forza 06-03-11 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hammonjj (Post 12735384)
What program are you guys using to overlay the course and other HUD information?

Dashware

mattm 06-03-11 06:01 PM

Cool stuff! I like seeing these all in one place (even if, personally, I don't feel like I can learn that much from watching someone else race, but it's still entertaining)

Forza, you gonna record Ballard? Please do! Would love to see the cam of that one, especially if you survive it. =]

Forza 06-03-11 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by mattm (Post 12736695)
Forza, you gonna record Ballard? Please do! Would love to see the cam of that one, especially if you survive it. =]

Battery charging as I type. :)

bostongarden 06-03-11 10:00 PM

I'd also like to know what cams folks are using. I can't recall the name of the thread -- pack 4 filler? -- but the distance from the cam to the next wheel did not seem "true." However, distance to the next wheel appears very clear in KDTX's video. Is this a function of the cam, cam location, both, or something else? I do love that dashware!

Forza 06-03-11 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by bostongarden (Post 12737782)
I'd also like to know what cams folks are using. I can't recall the name of the thread -- pack 4 filler? -- but the distance from the cam to the next wheel did not seem "true." However, distance to the next wheel appears very clear in KDTX's video. Is this a function of the cam, cam location, both, or something else? I do love that dashware!

I can't say what the magic combo is regarding the ratio, but I would suspect mounting location contributes quite a bit. KTDX's mount is on his helmet, and although the distance looks perhaps a little more accurate, the angle of viewing seems unnatural to me...I'm using a ContourHD shooting 720p at 60fps, mounted under my handlebars, much lower perspective.

Forza 06-05-11 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by mattm (Post 12736695)
Cool stuff! I like seeing these all in one place (even if, personally, I don't feel like I can learn that much from watching someone else race, but it's still entertaining)

Matt, Here is the Ballard action. I sat back and watched the first 5-6 minutes...at minute 7 in the video you can see that I start making my moves to the front...I really started to pick lines to my advantage and was carrying more speed than the field through turns 3/4 on the outside, by taking a later apex...you can see a particuarly good exit on 4 at the 7:50 mark...just before the crash...

Lesson to the kids out there...never, never, look back at a crash...here is the video proof. It was dumb and the crash should not have happened. What you can't see is all of the riders down to the left and behind me.

KDTX 06-06-11 08:05 AM

I'm using the Contour HD as well. I am going to try the handlebar mount for the next couple of races. The helmet mounted cam gets a little heavy for any races over 30 min. Also, It will make your helmet bob back and forth during a sprint.

carpediemracing 06-13-11 07:49 AM

I haven't published a clip in a while, but with a large backlog of "interesting" races (i.e. something happens) and a bit of time, I buried myself to get a few clips done. Three of them coming up in quick succession.

First one:

Enjoy,
cdr

carpediemracing 06-14-11 06:57 AM

Another one. Here I lose use of the big ring partway into the race.

Chris R. 06-14-11 07:49 PM

Here is one from a couple of weeks ago... My memory card filled up and I did not get the end...but I finished 11th. Meh.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=a3zFK4rOYvw.

carpediemracing 06-14-11 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chris R. (Post 12788831)
Here is one from a couple of weeks ago... My memory card filled up and I did not get the end...but I finished 11th. Meh.

You can embed on full browser, not sure how the mobile stuff works on BF. Here's the embedded version.

Chris R. 06-15-11 05:33 AM

I'm on my iPad so im not sure how to do that...it does not seem to work, nor can I see any other videos in the thread. Grrr

Chris R. 06-15-11 08:28 AM

Another one from a few weeks back.
125 racers in the race this night! Finished 15th.

carpediemracing 06-15-11 08:54 AM

One more for now... Clean race, went super hard last lap.

InReverse 06-15-11 12:02 PM

I just found a YouTube clip that a guy made using a flying camera. It's a really cool perspective for shooting races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXvlqNRpjI
His Youtube channel is jeffscholl.

(I didn't know if I should embed or link since it's not my work.)

bostongarden 06-15-11 04:59 PM

FYI -- ContourHD on sale today/Wed/June 15 at Amazon for $180.

So I go to the site and see the newer Contour+ -- dang.

STP 06-15-11 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by carpediemracing (Post 12785273)
Another one. Here I lose use of the big ring partway into the race.

You're going to have to "un-private" this video.

Forza 06-17-11 12:30 AM

Capital Stage Race: Stage 3 (Crit)

carpediemracing 06-17-11 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by STP (Post 12793647)
You're going to have to "un-private" this video.

Sorry, I realized when watching the video that I uploaded an early version. Some edits didn't make it. I reuploaded. I'll fix the link. It's here or in the original (fixed) post.

substructure 06-17-11 05:46 AM

Real, hill climbing pain. I'm doing this race again tomorrow and not looking forward to it. I've not trained on many hills this year.

Didn't place well that year. You can see me around 4:30 and hear the race promoter calling me out, "That a way, Todd. Good job, Todd. Push it. Push it."

In 2008 I was 8th in my age.
In 2009 I was 12th, I think.
In 2010 I was 1st.
In 2011 I want to be top 20.

Forza 06-20-11 11:01 PM

Capital Stage Race mixed 4/5 field on Stage 4 "The Queen Stage", couple of good climbs, good descents...some nasty chip n' seal country roads with the occasional smooth asphalt mixed in. Teammate took #1, I took #3.