Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   New Member, New Bike! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1176579)

Winkd 06-24-19 11:45 PM

New Member, New Bike!

I'd like to start by thanking the forum over the past month or so. I've been lurking on here gathering information over bike models, component reviews, and general cycling knowledge that made finding an awesome bike even possible!
I'm looking forward to some weekend cruises around town with this old gal, my 1986-87 Peugeot PX10.
It no longer sports a Mavic drivetrain, having been swapped for a shimano 105 RD and downtube shifters, shimano 600 tricolor FD and crank, and biopace hp chainrings.
The wheels were also replaced with 700c Matrix Titans and Shimano 105 hubs.
Finally the seat post is a campagnolo, which I don't think is original to this bike either.
The stem, handlebars, and brakes are all the original Mavic parts along with the Columbus SLX frame and forks.
All forum people like pics, so I'll try to get to ten posts quickly...

52telecaster 06-24-19 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Winkd (Post 20995681)
I'd like to start by thanking the forum over the past month or so. I've been lurking on here gathering information over bike models, component reviews, and general cycling knowledge that made finding an awesome bike even possible!
I'm looking forward to some weekend cruises around town with this old gal, my 1986-87 Peugeot PX10.
It no longer sports a Mavic drivetrain, having been swapped for a shimano 105 RD and downtube shifters, shimano 600 tricolor FD and crank, and biopace hp chainrings.
The wheels were also replaced with 700c Matrix Titans and Shimano 105 hubs.
Finally the seat post is a campagnolo, which I don't think is original to this bike either.
The stem, handlebars, and brakes are all the original Mavic parts along with the Columbus SLX frame and forks.
All forum people like pics, so I'll try to get to ten posts quickly...

Welcome and enjoy. This is a terrific forum.

Wildwood 06-24-19 11:51 PM

Welcome.
BF C&V is a good place for PX10s.

Winkd 06-24-19 11:52 PM

Thanks!

malcala622 06-24-19 11:57 PM

Seems you might have a post 1984 Peugeot when they started using Columbus tubing for high end frames like the PX.

machinist42 06-24-19 11:59 PM

Creating a folder in the Gallery section of Bikeforums, and then letting us know so we can perform an assist in your picture presentation, is an effective workaround to the ten post "rule".

John E 06-25-19 05:28 AM

What's a PX-10? :)

Seriously, welcome to the forum. Owning -- and riding -- a PX-10 definitely qualifies you for membership. The closest I ever got was a 1980 PKN-10 -- delightful frame.

qcpmsame 06-25-19 05:49 AM

Welcome aboard, you're in the right place for getting the gouge on C&V bicycles. Good to have you join in here with us.

Seems like I have heard of the PX-10 model somewhere before.....:foo:

Bill

Winkd 06-26-19 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wildwood (Post 20995686)
Welcome.
BF C&V is a good place for PX10s.

Originally Posted by machinist42 (Post 20995692)
Creating a folder in the Gallery section of Bikeforums, and then letting us know so we can perform an assist in your picture presentation, is an effective workaround to the ten post "rule".

Thanks for the tip, hopefully this link works!
I was on my way to ten posts but then quickly ran into the 24hr five post limit...

Edit - Wow can't make url tags either before the ten post limit? This is the most secure forum I've ever encountered.

The gallery folder is named: '86-87 Peugeot PX-10

Wildwood 06-26-19 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Winkd (Post 20997794)
I was on my way to ten posts but then quickly ran into the 24hr five post limit...

Edit - Wow can't make url tags either before the ten post limit? This is the most secure forum I've ever encountered.

Get past the intro period and you will find that spam and non-cyclist trolling are almost non-existent, certainly worth a couple of initial limitations. :thumb:

machinist42 06-26-19 10:15 AM

assist

Originally Posted by Winkd (Post 20997794)
Thanks for the tip, hopefully this link works!

https://www.bikeforums.net/g/album/14317893

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...71cf2a5b68.jpg

Winkd 06-26-19 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Wildwood (Post 20997910)
Get past the intro period and you will find that spam and non-cyclist trolling are almost non-existent, certainly worth a couple of initial limitations. :thumb:

Haha yeah I get it, just needed to damper my excitement showing off the new bike.

[QUOTE=machinist42;20998033[/QUOTE]

Thanks Machinist that's it (and my apartment)!

Wildwood 06-26-19 02:59 PM

Nice bikes like a room with a view.

Oh so clean.

Maybe someone will photoshop tanwalls for you to visualize for next set. Not (in any way) a criticism, but when I see non-aero levers, downtube shifters on lugged steel with a quill stem and chrome fork - …...well, that's what comes to mind.

Enjoy the ride. :)

Winkd 06-26-19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wildwood (Post 20998675)
Nice bikes like a room with a view.

Oh so clean.

Maybe someone will photoshop tanwalls for you to visualize for next set. Not (in any way) a criticism, but when I see non-aero levers, downtube shifters on lugged steel with a quill stem and chrome fork - …...well, that's what comes to mind.

Enjoy the ride. :)

I saw somewhere on the forum someone photoshopped some gums onto a bike that had all black tires and I wholeheartedly agree. It's just a classier (and more appropriate) look with tanwalls in my opinion.

I do still need to clean my bike though, I assume just plain soap and water with a thorough drying?