Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Trendy / Modern Cycling Clothing Companies (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1048472)

soom 02-11-16 06:02 PM

Trendy / Modern Cycling Clothing Companies

Hi everyone,

As the topic states what are your favorite cycling clothing companies you enjoy purchasing from? I know Rapha carries some good design cues and are pretty quality albeit the $$$ IMO. I also know of MAAP but beyond that I'm unsure.

Also are there any female cycling clothing brands that you would recommend? My girlfriend is starting to cycle with me and I'm unsure what direction to point her in for brands.

p.s. I hate saying trendy/modern for some reason but can't think of another word here. Sorry not trying to diss anyones style preferences/tastes/etc.

FeltF2Tarmac 02-11-16 06:06 PM

My personal favorites are Castelli and Pactimo.

Dan333SP 02-11-16 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by soom (Post 18529676)
Hi everyone,

As the topic states what are your favorite cycling clothing companies you enjoy purchasing from? I know Rapha carries some good design cues and are pretty quality albeit the $$$ IMO. I also know of MAAP but beyond that I'm unsure.

Also are there any female cycling clothing brands that you would recommend? My girlfriend is starting to cycle with me and I'm unsure what direction to point her in for brands.

p.s. I hate saying trendy/modern for some reason but can't think of another word here. Sorry not trying to diss anyones style preferences/tastes/etc.

ProTip- See if you can find a women's club team in your area and email one of them to ask this question. There are a lot of smaller cycling apparel companies other than the "big brands" like Castelli, Pearl Izumi, ect. and the local teams usually have some experience/advice. We have a couple women's teams here and they have amazing kit made by a couple of Virginia-based companies.

milkbaby 02-11-16 06:46 PM

Laser Cats and Such:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/f86ef52ac...jp1o1_1280.jpg

Rapha is very nice, and you can get it at a discount on sale. They usually have a winter sale and a summer sale. Inbetween those, look for "archive sale" on their website. That's where they hide older stuff on sale so you don't feel ripped off paying full price for this year's versions.

There are some similar brands like Road Holland and Torm which are slightly cheaper, but you'll still want to find them on sale or use a discount code. Competitive Cyclist will often have some natty threads on sale too but you have to root around through all the ugly stuff.

bleui 02-11-16 07:16 PM

ten speed hero
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...11784103_n.jpg

MagicHour 02-11-16 07:20 PM

Ornot-I follow these guys on social media, haven't bought anything yet, but they make some nice looking stuff.
Ornot Bike - Minimally branded cycling apparel - made in the USA.

Siu Blue Wind 02-11-16 08:08 PM

FYI I deleted the Assos ad because it was a bit too revealing. Real women cyclists don't ride like that.

joejack951 02-11-16 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind (Post 18529986)
FYI I deleted the Assos ad because it was a bit too revealing. Real women cyclists don't ride like that.

So you are saying that some women cyclists do ride like that? Seems uncomfortable.

(apologies for the pic in poor taste)

pdedes 02-11-16 09:01 PM

Cycling gear that goes. Wherever, whenever.

Sy Reene 02-11-16 09:44 PM

Performance Jerseys - Fall 2015 Collection | DannyShane | Designer Cycling Apparel of Bamboo White Ash Fabric

soom 02-12-16 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dan333SP (Post 18529742)
ProTip- See if you can find a women's club team in your area and email one of them to ask this question. There are a lot of smaller cycling apparel companies other than the "big brands" like Castelli, Pearl Izumi, ect. and the local teams usually have some experience/advice. We have a couple women's teams here and they have amazing kit made by a couple of Virginia-based companies.

Perfect thats a great idea. I usually ride along the coast in San Diego, CA and I see women club rides and they usually have kit that I have no idea where they're from. Maybe I should flag one of them down these days!

Thanks for all your suggestions and I did catch the Assos before it was taken down haha. :rolleyes:

Any other brands I should be looking into?

TrojanHorse 02-12-16 01:45 AM

Here's my wife's favorite cycling clothing site:

Women's Apparel for Cycling, Triathlon, Running and Fitness - Team Estrogen

k_kibbler 02-12-16 01:57 AM

Here are some that have caught my eye:

Rapha (price is way out there but their Canyon-SRAM kit is very fetch and not for sale...)
Twin Six
Women's Performance Cycling Clothing - Queen of the Mountains™ (looks sharp, but new to the game)
vanderkitten.com/ (if she is into that sort of design)
Ten Speed Hero

Siu Blue Wind 02-12-16 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by joejack951 (Post 18530093)
So you are saying that some women cyclists do ride like that? Seems uncomfortable.

(apologies for the pic in poor taste)

Thank you. :)

WhyFi 02-12-16 06:40 AM

Two companies with reasonable prices and a more understated look: Torm (unabashedly Rapha-esque) and Road Holland.

Trsnrtr 02-12-16 06:51 AM

I'm waiting for the "I buy tech shirts and cargo shorts at Target" post.

#disappointed :(

Seriously, Giant bike shops carry LIV stuff for female cyclists. Not in the uber-trendy category but nice stuff.

TenSpeedV2 02-12-16 07:26 AM

Kind of surprised that this didn't make the list. I have no experience with their clothing but my ex seemed to like their stuff a bit.

Terry - Women's Cycling Clothing, Women's Bikes, Saddles, Bicycling Apparel, Jerseys, Shorts & Skorts

PepeM 02-12-16 07:49 AM

Still seething that I missed on this one:

http://www.fhtn529.com/demo/wp-conte...8792020333.jpg

TimothyH 02-12-16 07:52 AM

Morvélo® - Ride Everything

Very trendy. I own four of their products and they are very high quality. Pretty much guaranteed that no one else on the MUP will be wearing the same thing.

http://cdn.morvelo.com/media/catalog...nity_evo_2.jpg

Originally Posted by pdedes (Post 18530100)

I've been looking at their polo style jerseys. Would love to show up at the Saturday morning group ride wearing a shirt with a collar.

How is the fit? Race cut? Size up/down?

RoadHolland 02-12-16 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We have a very good outlook on women's cycling apparel. Thanks to all who have already mentioned us!

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=504074

Road Holland Stylish Cycling Apparel - Women

valygrl 02-12-16 08:17 AM

Women Specific Jerseys Archives - Panache Cyclewear

Not cheap, but really good quality and fits well. Men's jerseys order one size down.

RJM 02-12-16 08:43 AM

I have a few Road Holland jerseys and find them to be excellent. I am a man, but would imagine their women's styles and fit are the same quality. They aren't too flashy or loud and quite stylish. I would recommend them.

TimothyH 02-12-16 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by RJM (Post 18530879)
I have a few Road Holland jerseys and find them to be excellent. I am a man, but would imagine their women's styles and fit are the same quality. They aren't too flashy or loud and quite stylish. I would recommend them.

I mentioned them in my post and someone from their website sent me a sales PM here on bikeforums.

Their product might be great but I really don't feel like being bothered by salespeople sending me PM's.

-Tim-

Lazyass 02-12-16 09:38 AM

Women's Cycling Clothing | Jerseys, Bibs, Jackets | Pactimo

Cycling Clothing: Womens, Tops by Voler

Ajkollme 02-12-16 09:39 AM

Some companies with cool female kits are

Machines for Freedom
MACHINES FOR FREEDOM

Ten Speed Hero
Tenspeed Hero