Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   update on cehowardGS (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1032049)

RobbieTunes 09-26-15 03:29 PM

update on cehowardGS

Some of you know who I'm speaking of. Lucky ones have met him.
To meet Coleman is to have your day be better, no matter what is going on.

The man can make eating a burrito into a joyful event.
He likes bikes, people, and speed. 72 going on 12.

He entered the hospital for routine stuff, complications and other issues ensued.
He's had surgery, and is in a rehab center.

Latest word, "after a week in rehab, getting stronger every day."

When you are getting stronger every day, you were not doing so well to begin with.
He's a tough guy, big heart, so positive vibes are going his way, 24/7.

3speedslow 09-26-15 03:38 PM

Thanks for letting us know his progress. I'm sure he felt better when he saw the new Raleigh that is waiting for him when he gets out.

You did a bang up job on that Super Course !

10 Wheels 09-26-15 03:39 PM

Get out of there soon young kid.

cb400bill 09-26-15 03:59 PM

Thank you for the update, Robbie!

RobE30 09-26-15 04:36 PM

Thanks for the update. Honestly, I didn't know he was ill, just realized I haven't seen many posts by him

Wildwood 09-26-15 06:04 PM

Thanks for the good news, us oldsters half expect it to always be bad, or worse.

Michael Angelo 09-26-15 06:09 PM

Get well soon.

Velognome 09-26-15 08:21 PM

Praying for you!

The Golden Boy 09-26-15 08:30 PM

Best wishes!

Pars 09-26-15 08:55 PM

Yep, was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen him post in quite some time. Thanks for the update Robbie, and good thoughts headed his way!

noglider 09-26-15 09:30 PM

A very cheerful fellow. I hope he's back to normal soon.

LeicaLad 09-27-15 05:02 AM

Let's all hope his recovery is steady and certain.

Thanks for the update.

Prowler 09-27-15 06:47 AM

Thanks for the update Robbie. I've often thought it would be great to do one arm curls with him, and have assumed the discussion topics would be an intellectual treat. Glad to hear he is still rolling on down the road, with plenty of road ahead.

BTW: We really missed you yesterday. All the wheels turned a bit slower as we thought about the hole in the line.

non-fixie 09-27-15 10:06 AM

Thanks for the update. Hope he gets well soon. It's been too quiet in the Raleigh corner lately ...

Chris W. 09-27-15 10:25 AM

Thank you for the update! Yes, lot's of good, healing vibes (and a prayer too) for Mr Howard and his family :)

Oldpeddaller 09-27-15 01:14 PM

Robbie, thanks for letting us know. Coleman is 'one of our own' and I always enjoy his posts - even though I live thousands of miles and an ocean away. Wishing him a recovery as speedy and robust as his Raleighs and motorcycles! Please pass on my very best to him.

acoffin 09-27-15 09:24 PM

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear he is moving in the rigjt direction. Looking forward to seeing posts from him again.

due ruote 09-27-15 10:30 PM

You forgot to mention certified bad-ass. At least that's the impression I have. His weak is probably better than strong for plenty of guys half his age. But by all means we want the full-strength Mr. Howard back.

qcpmsame 09-28-15 07:31 AM

I appreciate the gouge, Robbie, I too wondered where Mr. Howard was hiding out, lately. He'll be in my prayers for his recovery, I imagine that he is keeping the rehab people on their toes with his sense of humor, and his positive attitude. Stay strong, Mr. Howard!

Bill

Italuminium 09-28-15 08:14 AM

thanks for the update. Wish him well.

Drillium Dude 09-28-15 10:04 AM

Maybe the Big Guy decided the other folks in the center needed someone to help get them through their personal struggles. I think Coleman's got this :)

Best wishes!

DD

RobbieTunes 10-01-15 03:53 PM

UPDATE:
He is out of the hospital, and out of the rehab center. He is home, and a PT nurse comes to see him. That's got to be interesting.
He got up at 4 am yesterday, and he and his wife worked out for an hour so they could get breakfast in before the PT nurse came.
That's so like Coleman. It will be a while before he's back on a bike.

He's in good spirits and advising me on what he wants to go on his next build.
Let's just say it's going to be "rad." In fact, it may become the best I've seen of that genre.
He just went, again, outside any box I'd considered, and I really dig the idea.

gomango 10-01-15 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by RobbieTunes (Post 18210142)
UPDATE:
He is out of the hospital, and out of the rehab center. He is home, and a PT nurse comes to see him. That's got to be interesting.
He got up at 4 am yesterday, and he and his wife worked out for an hour so they could get breakfast in before the PT nurse came.

Let's just say it's going to be "rad." In fact, it may become the best I've seen of that genre.

All the best to him.

Tell him to avoid ebikes at all costs though. :)

Roger M 10-01-15 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by RobbieTunes (Post 18210142)
UPDATE:

Good to hear, Robbie

He's always been pretty upbeat, but I haven't seen him post for a long time.

Drillium Dude 10-01-15 05:12 PM

That is great news - thanks for keeping us in the loop, Robbie :)

DD