Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Professional Cycling For the Fans (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Good Bobke interview NBC (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1178140)

Rajflyboy 07-12-19 04:38 PM

Good Bobke interview NBC

part 1

Celticgirl 08-10-19 07:41 PM

Bobke is one cool guy!

Caretaker 08-11-19 04:07 AM

Being from Europe I'm not too familiar with this guy but certainly interesting as we both are from a similar generation so I can relate to the eras he's talking about.

The 2nd part is equally interesting.

Lemond1985 08-11-19 07:06 AM

Who's that guy interviewing him? I guess the usual go-to network cycling experts like Al Trautwig, Sam Posey, Pierre Salinger, and Armen Keteyian, were all busy, so they found some unknown guy who probably wears a lot of cologne, and looks vaguely like the late Jeffrey Epstein.

Cringe-worthy, self-censored, and dumbed-down for network television. Was this Bobke's job interview for NBC? Sure felt that way at times, and it was about as joyful and spontaneous as an unsuccessful job interview, though in this case NBC may have hired him, pending the results of the drug screening. :innocent:

one4smoke 08-11-19 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lemond1985 (Post 21070146)
Who's that guy interviewing him? I guess the usual go-to network cycling experts like Al Trautwig, Sam Posey, Pierre Salinger, and Armen Keteyian, were all busy, so they found some unknown guy who probably wears a lot of cologne, and looks vaguely like the late Jeffrey Epstein.

Cringe-worthy, self-censored, and dumbed-down for network television. Was this Bobke's job interview for NBC? Sure felt that way at times, and it was about as joyful and spontaneous as an unsuccessful job interview, though in this case NBC may have hired him, pending the results of the drug screening. :innocent:

WTH?!? :foo:

panta 10-16-19 01:19 PM

Love this guy

StanSeven 10-16-19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lemond1985 (Post 21070146)
Who's that guy interviewing him? I guess the usual go-to network cycling experts like Al Trautwig, Sam Posey, Pierre Salinger, and Armen Keteyian, were all busy, so they found some unknown guy who probably wears a lot of cologne, and looks vaguely like the late Jeffrey Epstein:

He’s Paul Burnmeister, one of NBCs best and most polished announcers. He does lots of sports and was the lead announcer on the NFL network for several years. He also was the in studio announcer covering the Tour de France when NBC had it. He does a good job making Bobke look good and interesting

Lemond1985 10-16-19 02:05 PM

He just didn't look much like a cyclist to me. Usually these shoes are better when the producers try to have a host with at least some experience in the sport which they are so authoritatively talking about. Because otherwise, their ignorance just looks absurd and is really irritating to people familiar with the sport.