Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   A call to those who serve...BF Members in The Military. (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=788145)

qcpmsame 02-29-12 06:29 AM

Okay all, jtwilson gets the magazines I can put together for the length of his deployment. Now lets see some others take up 2ndGens flag and do this too, if you can. thanks to 2nd gen for this thread. And thanks to all the men and women serving our country.

Update, 09 Mar 2012, I mailed a package on Monday, 05 Mar 2012, and heard form him this morning. His internet had been out for a bit but he got to access the web for a short bit. As soon as the Military Mail services can get the package to him he will have some new 'zines to peruse. A new package will go out each month or sooner when possible.

Bill

jlp1976 03-18-12 11:41 AM

Please do not let the recent news events discourage anyone from supporting the members of any U.S. military service. That was only one guy with serious issues. Please don't let his actions reflect your views of the rest of us.

qcpmsame 03-22-12 05:49 AM

jlp,
We don't blame anyone but fate for this. The actions of one apparently stressed to the breaking point man does not reflect on our young men and women.

All,
JT Wilson received the magazines yesterday. Much quicker than the post office guy thought they would take. I'll get another batch of magazines for him in about a week. Please help these young men and women out as best as you can.

Semper Fi,
Bill

RLTW 04-07-12 07:57 PM

Hey all, new to the forum and a new biker all together. I have been in the military for about 5 years now, thanks for all the support.

qcpmsame 04-16-12 07:39 AM

RLTW,
Welcome to bicycling and to BF. Thanks much for your service to our country.

Bill

waynesworld 04-28-12 02:32 PM

I'm a 6 year Navy veteran. Thanks to all of you who serve or have served.

Sn4fu 05-02-12 12:46 PM

3 years and counting Army here. I think what you all are doing for our guys overseas is wonderful. To my brothers and sisters over there now, keep your heads down. Leave me some bad guys, I'll be there "soon".

navyasw02 05-05-12 08:27 PM

I'm Navy stationed overseas in Japan. I finally got my bike out for the first time last weekend and had a fun, but slightly scary ride through downtown Yokohama traffic. Looking forward to hitting the road more this season and exploring.

smeach 05-06-12 04:17 AM

I am a 19 1/2 year Air Force member currently stationed in Massachusetts. I have gotten into road cycling thanks to being assigned in the Boston area. This area has a very large cycling following...this week I bought a 2012 Cannondale Synapse 105. I am looking forward to riding throughout this area before my retirement and moving to upstate New York in July.

stealthfixr 05-10-12 08:15 PM

Checking in from a deployment to Pakistan. I am a 21 year USAF officer, still on active duty, still serving proudly and hope to continue for as long as they let me. Thank you for this thread and giving a darn!

qcpmsame 05-17-12 06:43 AM

Thanks so much to all the members checking in here at the BF Road Riding U.S.O. center. I haven't seen 2ndGen lately so I'll step up and say thanks for your service. You people protect the freedoms we cherish so much. Semper Fi to all of you.

Bill Barnard

serendipity213 05-21-12 10:57 AM

New member here, new to cycling, Marine Corps veteran. Semper Fi

RPolk 05-21-12 07:42 PM

Nice thing being done here. I'm Retired Army, simple jestures like the

ones being done here make a world of difference in the life of our deployed Service members.

Simpletommy 05-21-12 07:52 PM

I'm a Navy Chief and currently stationed in Yokosuka, Japan. I normally mountain bike, and commute by bike, but recently took up this road touring thing.

Thank you to all my brothers and sisters in the fleet, and other services. Thank you to those back "home" (wherever that may be) that keep the fires warm and lit.

robncircus 05-22-12 01:41 AM

Update from the stan: it's warming up where I'm at. I'm at 5k feet of elevation, so I won't see any crazy high temps but you can tell the summer is coming. I saw a guy on base in a full kit a few weeks ago and got a good chuckle. I've been off the bike since October, but I'm trying to keep fitness up with running intervals, spink bike sessions, and some "cross-fit" lifting routines. There's a couple guys at the gym who seem like cyclists, based solely on their passion for pain on the spin bikes.

Life is good otherwise. Hot food and hot showers sure beats what it could be. I'm hoping to get home by Septemberish so I can race the off-season in So Cal but as of right now I'm going one day at a time.

Cheers

CM2 Robncircus

LowCel 05-22-12 05:38 AM

I never served but I want to thank all of those that have (and/or are). Without you and your sacrifices my life would be nothing like it is.

Colonelmom 06-01-12 11:36 AM

Closing in on a ONE year tour in the Stan...and 27 years of Army service... should be home mid August... looking to do ONE crit in NC in September... thanks for the support...

qcpmsame 06-01-12 03:37 PM

Thanks for the service and for protecting our freedoms Colonel. From an Old Marine to a long time doggie, Many thanks to you!

Altamont 06-01-12 09:20 PM

what a great thread. for info, the post office has a special rate on large priority mail boxes going overseas (APO). plus the box is free. my son is in eastern Afghanistan, for one more month (Army, Medic Platoon Leader). if anyone wants to take it to the next level, consider donating or even volunteering for the Wounded Warrior project. woundedwarriorproject.org. go there, and you'll see cycling, kayaking and other arenas of helping our own there. I spend a couple days a month on it, and sometimes I swear it helps me more than it helps the men and women who come out and participate. thanks to all who serve!

Colonelmom 06-02-12 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by qcpmsame (Post 14301267)
Thanks for the service and for protecting our freedoms Colonel. From an Old Marine to a long time doggie, Many thanks to you!

Thank-you.. my son-in-law is a Marine, Niece at Annapolis, and son will head to WP in 2013.... dog face soldiers.... HOOAH to our brothers..

qcpmsame 06-02-12 08:27 PM

Roger that, Colonel. Sounds like a dedicated family there. Thanks to all.

Bill

Robbiefab 06-27-12 07:40 PM

I have been on quite a few forums throughout my Militarycareer. They are almost an absolute must to prevent myself from smashingannoying people’s faces in. I am a helicopter mechanic for the Air Force which Iunderstand sounds strange since most people did not know we have helicopters.This is the first forum that I started frequenting that has shown this supportand understanding that most family members never really know how to help with aperson’s lost for the hobby/passion/lifestyle they leave behind. Thank you guysfor what you do helping our brothers and sisters in arms serving and living upthe highest honor our citizens can. (I am just getting off a 12 hour shift. Ihope this is coherent.)

qcpmsame 06-28-12 06:28 AM

Robbiefab,
Welcome to Bike Forums and thanks for your service to our country. If you get to Hurlburt Field AFB with the MH and CV rotary wing squadrons for AFSOC drop me a P.M when you get 50 posts and we will get together. Ride safe.

Bill

Robbiefab 06-30-12 01:29 AM

Thanks qcpmsame. I am have been stuck at nellis for some time. I am ready to roll out of here, but enjoying what I can. Ill definately hit you up if I do find my way out there.

smoke 07-04-12 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Robbiefab (Post 14414402)
I have been on quite a few forums throughout my Militarycareer. They are almost an absolute must to prevent myself from smashingannoying people’s faces in. I am a helicopter mechanic for the Air Force which Iunderstand sounds strange since most people did not know we have helicopters.This is the first forum that I started frequenting that has shown this supportand understanding that most family members never really know how to help with aperson’s lost for the hobby/passion/lifestyle they leave behind. Thank you guysfor what you do helping our brothers and sisters in arms serving and living upthe highest honor our citizens can. (I am just getting off a 12 hour shift. Ihope this is coherent.)

happy fourth to ya, rob