Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   bib tights (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1065849)

Bill 05-30-16 09:01 AM

bib tights

Wonder if any of you have recommendations for bib tights. The pair I recently bought is okay, except in the crotch area. It is too loose. The bad thing is that the crotch gets stuck on the nose of the saddle. Can be dangerous for getting off and on, much less not all that comfortable when walking around. I think maybe I just bought too cheap of tights. They seem to fit elsewhere okay. I ride in many cool mornings.

topslop1 05-30-16 09:48 AM

I love Assos.

PepeM 05-30-16 10:12 AM

Heard Rapha is the best bang for your buck.

Marcus_Ti 05-30-16 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 18807595)
Wonder if any of you have recommendations for bib tights. The pair I recently bought is okay, except in the crotch area. It is too loose. The bad thing is that the crotch gets stuck on the nose of the saddle. Can be dangerous for getting off and on, much less not all that comfortable when walking around. I think maybe I just bought too cheap of tights. They seem to fit elsewhere okay. I ride in many cool mornings.

If it don't keep the bits in one place....then the fit isn't "okay". That is a recipe for chafe city, if the fit is baggy enough to actually catch on the saddle nose the doubly so.

Given how musculature and meatiness of legs vary, finding a good fit for oneself is just that. What works on my legs probably won't work for you.

RonH 05-30-16 10:55 AM

I don't own any bib tights but have several pairs of bib shorts. De Marchi, Sugoi and Etxe Ondo are my favorites.

rpenmanparker 05-30-16 11:41 AM

You may need to make sure you have pulled the leg up high enough so that the crotch can be pulled up higher into your own crotch. And/or you may have to alter the straps to make them a little shorter to hold the tights up into your crotch.

jen_turnbull 05-30-16 01:49 PM

Try Santini or Adidas.

I personally prefer bib shorts and leg warmers, rather than tights.

Corbin 05-30-16 02:17 PM

If you pull the waist all the way up and the chamois is still loose they are too big. They fit elsewhere because it's spandex.

krusty 05-30-16 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by PepeM (Post 18807738)
Heard Rapha is the best bang for your buck.

True that

Jumpski 05-30-16 03:34 PM

Assos T FI Mille are no doubt the most comfortable bids (for me). I just purchased another pair at Assos factory store. Performance elite bibs are good too.

Borys 01-19-21 06:02 AM

I went for Lusso Termico and like them a lot. Definitely great quality for the price. They might be harder to get if you are in US. I think Merlin Cycles carries them though.

BenOnATrek 01-19-21 06:50 AM

Assos for me too. I have tried a few over the years (Pearl Izzumi which were OK but did not last, Castelli - good quality but you have to be a certain shape) and Assos have been the most comfortable and have lasted really well.

indyfabz 01-19-21 09:11 AM

I like Zombie bibs. :D

bruce19 01-19-21 10:36 AM

I had that happen with a pair of PI knickers. Gave them to a friend. I have some Castelli tights and a pair of Assos knickers that fit nicely.

Pridedog 01-19-21 03:56 PM

Pearl Izumi

I have had good luck with PI. I get 8-10 years of use before I have to replace due to wear. I only use bib tights without chamois. I recycle my slightly worn-out bib shorts as winter only shorts.

genejockey 01-19-21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by rpenmanparker (Post 18807915)
You may need to make sure you have pulled the leg up high enough so that the crotch can be pulled up higher into your own crotch. And/or you may have to alter the straps to make them a little shorter to hold the tights up into your crotch.

This. If your tights fit snugly on your legs, they may not be pulled all the way up when you put them on. I just got a pair of PI non-bib, no-chamois tights that are like that. I have to really pull them up at the knees and then at the thighs to get them to fit right. Once that's done they do stay in place, though.