Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Velocipede Salon?? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1189878)

Tandem Tom 12-10-19 11:44 AM

Velocipede Salon??

I am attempting to register on the above site but I keep getting the following
  • You did not enter the correct format for the What has two wheels and pedals field. Please read the field description for the expected format.
  • A required field called What has two wheels and pedals is missing or has an invalid value
I a using my tablet but no go.
Help would be great!!
Thanks!!

shelbyfv 12-10-19 11:57 AM

Can't help but I encourage you to persevere. They don't have near the content of BF but they don't harbor fools and trolls.

HPL 12-30-19 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tandem Tom (Post 21240424)
I am attempting to register on the above site but I keep getting the following
  • You did not enter the correct format for the What has two wheels and pedals field. Please read the field description for the expected format.
  • A required field called What has two wheels and pedals is missing or has an invalid value
I a using my tablet but no go.
Help would be great!!
Thanks!!

I have been banned from that site after having their members criticize a post of mine without focusing on the main issue, the bike (apparently the grass in the photo was more conversation worthy). I gave that site the third degree for not following their own "rules of etiquette", and I'm the one who got admonished and banned. I was leaving anyways because of some of the "shallow" thought process that was displayed during my very limited "membership". It also took me over a month for them to get me registered, I don't know why! If you answer the 2 Wheel question with just "B", I believe that will get you approved. You can make up your own mind, but I give that site a "thumbs down" for being hypocritical in dealing with their members; otherwise the commentary from the other members would certainly be worthy of banishment given their direct reference to me in their post(s). This site here has proven very enlightening regarding the knowledge/experience of its members.
I have also encountered numerous problems related to their server; or so the site states. Sometimes it wouldn't load at all.

Tandem Tom 12-30-19 06:51 AM

I finally got registered. And I am enjoying the site.

shelbyfv 12-30-19 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by HPL (Post 21262630)
I have been banned from that site after having their members criticize a post of mine without focusing on the main issue, the bike (apparently the grass in the photo was more conversation worthy). I gave that site the third degree ....

Yep, there you have it.

livedarklions 12-30-19 08:59 AM

Thread lock in 3....2.....

Phil_gretz 12-30-19 10:26 AM

Did you try "bicycle"? Because the trick answer is velocipede. Obviously.

HPL 12-31-19 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by shelbyfv (Post 21262716)
Yep, there you have it.

A modicum of decorum goes a long way if the rules of etiquette are actually applied; not my experience unfortunately. "Yep, there 'they DID NOT' have it"

HPL 01-03-20 01:46 AM

Previous post: "They don't have near the content of BF but they don't harbor fools and trolls." Wrong, they do have fools and "trolls" just like any site, I was a "victim" of such juvenile behavior at velocipedesalon. Nothing gained there that I didn't already find here without the "off-topic" commentary on a specifically focused thread/post. Enjoy their "tea and scones", that site seems more focused on non-bike/non-cycling dialogue considering their site "moniker". Not an opinion, just a factual experience.

shelbyfv 01-03-20 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by HPL (Post 21268094)
Not an opinion, just a factual experience.

I can see their exclusion has been very hurtful to you and that's unfortunate. However, nothing in your several posts does more than confirm my opinion of the site. Maybe you can provide a link to the thread for a more complete picture:thumb:

cb400bill 01-03-20 07:52 AM

Hey guy, on Bike Forums we don't discuss the various goings on at other forums.

Thread closed.