Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Forum Suggestions & User Assistance (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Avatar craziness (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=975036)

-=(8)=- 10-03-14 09:42 PM

A while ago, some crazy glitch happened and over-wrote all my settings. The avatar came from some older user that had russian fontage n stuff in his profile. For whatever reason, even after Tom cleaned my profile up, the robot avatar is stuck there. Would it be possible to get the scooter avatar that has my name on it in the profile/visitor section moved to the area that shows up when I post?

Thank you in advance!!! :)

Mark Stone 10-05-14 07:33 AM

In the mod control panel it shows the scooter profile, but here I see the robots - strange. I'm gonna see if any other mods/admins know what's up

CbadRider 10-05-14 10:57 AM

I tried changing your avatar to a completely different photo and the robots still appeared. I'm going to notify IB to take a look at this.

-=(8)=- 10-05-14 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by CbadRider (Post 17189396)
I tried changing your avatar to a completely different photo and the robots still appeared. I'm going to notify IB to take a look at this.

Thank you Tractorlegs and CBRider:thumb:
I wanted the scooter pic back because it has my real name on it.
It is crazy how the robots just showed up and now won't leave~ Sort of like an undesirable relative :lol:

Tom Stormcrowe 10-05-14 05:07 PM

Bizarre! I deleted the roboavatar via the Admin CP and placed scooterboi myself and no joy. Referring to tech.

-=(8)=- 10-06-14 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe (Post 17190288)
Bizarre! I deleted the roboavatar via the Admin CP and placed scooterboi myself and no joy. Referring to tech.

Hey Tom! I haven't been in P&R for a while so I didnt know if you are 'back' or not. I hope all is well. If the robo avatar is stuck there, really, no big deal, don't sweat the small stuff :)

IBgkim 10-09-14 01:59 PM

Hello,

I will forward your inquiry to our tech team and keep you updated.

Originally Posted by -=(8)=- (Post 17186146)
A while ago, some crazy glitch happened and over-wrote all my settings. The avatar came from some older user that had russian fontage n stuff in his profile. For whatever reason, even after Tom cleaned my profile up, the robot avatar is stuck there. Would it be possible to get the scooter avatar that has my name on it in the profile/visitor section moved to the area that shows up when I post?

IBgkim 10-09-14 05:27 PM

Our system does not support special characters in usernames, which explains why certain functions are difficult to deal with.

The best solution is to change your username. Please pm me if you would like to go with that option. Thanks!

Originally Posted by -=(8)=- (Post 17186146)

Mark Stone 10-09-14 05:43 PM

Don't change it!!!!!!! But if you do - - - - you'll always be -=(8)=- to us . . . . (sob :cry:)