Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You may need Bicycles Anonymous if....... (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=917947)

Murray Missile 10-14-13 07:18 PM

You may need Bicycles Anonymous if.......
 
1 Attachment(s)
......your bicycling relatives make cartoons of you like this.........

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=346074

That was several years ago, they had a silkscreen shop and actually made me a sweatshirt of this which I put away somewhere safe and haven't seen since. :( I do have the original artwork though. I have long since culled the bicycle herd but if I had more room! :rolleyes:

rdtompki 10-14-13 09:29 PM

If your sole reason for retiring is to increase your weekly mileage.

Murray Missile 10-15-13 05:01 AM


Originally Posted by rdtompki (Post 16161504)
If your sole reason for retiring is to increase your weekly mileage.

:lol::thumb:

Retro Grouch 10-15-13 06:11 AM

"A beater built from the parts bin and eBay" when you already had a bike to ride. Yup - you're an addict.

Step 1. We admitted we were powerless over bicycles and that our lives had become unmanageable.

steve0257 10-15-13 09:08 AM

When my brother and I finished high school and moved out we took our bikes with us, leaving some parts behind. My father took the parts and assembled three more bikes. He would have done more but he ran out of frames.

one_beatnik 10-15-13 09:42 AM

Every trip you take, you think "How would this have been on the bicycle?"

Retro Grouch 10-15-13 11:38 AM


Originally Posted by steve0257 (Post 16162410)
When my brother and I finished high school and moved out we took our bikes with us, leaving some parts behind. My father took the parts and assembled three more bikes. He would have done more but he ran out of frames.

:) :) :)

SnowJob 10-15-13 10:04 PM

Bicycles anonymous step two: came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. Then said "**** that!" and went for a ride.

wahoonc 10-16-13 04:58 AM


Originally Posted by one_beatnik (Post 16162513)
Every trip you take, you think "How would this have been on the bicycle?"

Corollary: Get off the interstate and drive back roads looking for more places to ride :D

I have to travel for a living, any time I get the chance I am looking for parallel roads that are low traffic and better for cycling.

Also someone will have to provide the definition of: "Too many bikes"

Aaron :)

Murray Missile 10-16-13 05:07 AM


Originally Posted by wahoonc (Post 16164614)
Also someone will have to provide the definition of: "Too many bikes"

Aaron :)

"Too many bikes"? What madness is this, how does one even utter such nonsense? On occasion I have run out of room but, "too many"? :eek:;)

eja_ bottecchia 10-16-13 05:30 AM

When you spend all day at work daydreaming about new routes to ride.

Retro Grouch 10-16-13 05:45 AM


Originally Posted by wahoonc (Post 16164614)
Also someone will have to provide the definition of: "Too many bikes"

Why that's easy. It's 2 more than you have now.

rdtompki 10-16-13 06:43 AM

When you've just realized you have enough new-in-the-box parts to build up a new bike! I've got everything but a frame: compact crank, cassettes, FDs, RDs, wheels, saddles (many), bar tape.

I realize now I need to go get a frame - the prospect of a low cost N+1 is drawing me to the dark side.

Dudelsack 10-16-13 07:04 AM


Originally Posted by SnowJob (Post 16164346)
Bicycles anonymous step two: came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. Then said "**** that!" and went for a ride.

:lol:

DX-MAN 10-16-13 07:48 AM


Originally Posted by wahoonc (Post 16164614)
Corollary: Get off the interstate and drive back roads looking for more places to ride :D

I have to travel for a living, any time I get the chance I am looking for parallel roads that are low traffic and better for cycling.

Also someone will have to provide the definition of: "Too many bikes"

Aaron :)


Originally Posted by Murray Missile (Post 16164618)
"Too many bikes"? What madness is this, how does one even utter such nonsense? On occasion I have run out of room but, "too many"? :eek:;)

Too Many Bikes: (phrase) a term that refers to a condition in which a person cannot effectively use all of the bicycles in his/her possession, best measured by standards such as:

"If you ride a different bike every day, and they all need tires reinflated before riding due to lack of use, you may have too many bikes."

Just my take on it.

walrus1 10-16-13 12:02 PM

You make up errands just to ride. "Well gee, the half and half is a quarter of the way gone. The grocery store 4 miles away has some on sale better go and get it."*

*Mostly an exaggeration. I'm not quite that bad yet. Or maybe I'm in denial.

Retro Grouch 10-16-13 03:39 PM


Originally Posted by rdtompki (Post 16164743)
When you've just realized you have enough new-in-the-box parts to build up a new bike! I've got everything but a frame: compact crank, cassettes, FDs, RDs, wheels, saddles (many), bar tape.

I realize now I need to go get a frame - the prospect of a low cost N+1 is drawing me to the dark side.

Wait long enough and keep your eyes open and a frame will come to you - trust me. You'll know that you've matured when you turn down a free frame because it's the wrong size.

cyclist2000 10-16-13 04:18 PM

you know you have a problem when you start hiding parts in every nook and cranny so the SO won't find them. Or you got a second mortgage for new TI frame.

You do not have a problem if you sold your car to buy a bike.

cyclist2000 10-16-13 04:20 PM


Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 16166356)
You'll know that you've matured when you turn down a free frame because it's the wrong size.

I must be maturing.

Fastfingaz 10-16-13 05:20 PM

If you strap a pair of handle bars on the ol ladys waist, while you're driving it home from the back!!hahah just saying

xtrajack 10-18-13 02:56 PM

When you have more pictures of your bike(s) than you do of your SO.:innocent:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.