Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Aggression Song Pick! For Cycling and Racing Motivation (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1200439)

VintageTTfan 05-05-20 06:35 PM

Aggression Song Pick! For Cycling and Racing Motivation

This kind of fascinates me.......The idea of this thread is "What is your all time favorite song that is angry or aggressive and psychs you up to do your ultimate in a race or road training session?" It is that song that helps you demolish the competition and win the race or just set a PB. Include any commentary or experiences you want. Here is my pick:

Here is how you do it:

It is "Time 4 Sum Aksion"by Redman.

datlas 05-05-20 07:13 PM

I read the last word in the song title as Aksium.

Yeah, Time For Some Aksium.

cp88mb1 05-05-20 07:29 PM

metal for me please

Tacoenthusiast 05-05-20 08:38 PM

seypat 05-05-20 09:24 PM

phrantic09 05-06-20 06:20 AM

topflightpro 05-06-20 07:05 AM

There are so many, but some of my go tos are:

Beatie Boys - Sabotage
Danzig - Mother
Outkast - BOB
Guns n Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

seypat 05-06-20 08:44 AM

The song "Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce fits the bill. This SSBB video that someone made is awesome! If you're not pumped to the max after viewing the video, I can't help you.

justonwo 05-06-20 09:10 AM

Pretty much the entire Rage Against the Machine (eponymous) album would fan the flames of aggressiveness.

Cypress 05-06-20 09:31 AM

On topic:

This is my go-to pump up song, and easily in my top-3 songs ever made:

Deal4Fuji 05-06-20 09:45 AM

I was all set to go with Demolition Man as I still think it's the best cadence song there is, but since anger is a part of this question....Dropkick Murphys are usually pretty pissed.
...and ready to fight

AlmostTrick 05-06-20 09:48 AM

For me, choosing a favorite song is impossible. But choosing the song that most revs me up to go (like in a bike race) is easy. Very powerful from the start, and only builds from there. And oh my, what a finish!

indyfabz 05-06-20 09:50 AM

The original version. Saw him, complete with Kangol, in Philly while on a train platform waiting for a late night train to NYC. The year was 1984, and he had just performed at a concert at a nearby armory. That was before he was really famous. Radio was released in November of '85.

Metallifan33 05-06-20 09:54 AM

Few songs get me going more than Fuel

Metallifan33 05-06-20 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by topflightpro (Post 21458525)
There are so many, but some of my go tos are:

Beatie Boys - Sabotage

"Is that music?"
"... It's a good choice..."

But seriously, the original preview introducing James T Kirk was epic with this song. It reminded me of stealing my dad's car when I was 14... so holds a special place in my heart ;)

Deal4Fuji 05-06-20 10:04 AM

...just a really good jam, not especially angry but asking an age old question with some good hooky lyrics
♫ all we really wanna know is how will this life end ♫

Cypress 05-06-20 10:16 AM

I saw these guys (Holy Grail) open for Amon Amarth back in the day and had no idea who they were other than they were the remnants of White Wizard (also good). Most metal shows have a "big" headliner and a few piddly bands or locals that open for them, but these guys got on stage and MELTED it, almost upstaging AA. The first note the singer hit grabbed our attention and didn't let go until the set was over.

sced 05-06-20 12:55 PM

I'm old
Magic Carpet Ride
Reelin in the Years

seypat 05-06-20 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by AlmostTrick (Post 21458862)
For me, choosing a favorite song is impossible. But choosing the song that most revs me up to go (like in a bike race) is easy. Very powerful from the start, and only builds from there. And oh my, what a finish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZfrCPKEqM

I had to look it up to see if this was the same Rainbow that sang Street of Dreams. :D

AlmostTrick 05-06-20 01:58 PM

Maybe this one will help me keep up with the A group...

...For 3 minutes and 26 seconds, anyway!

sc007 05-06-20 04:48 PM

Very different from the above choices but I guess every human is a little different so here is mine. Drop is at 1:08 :troll::giver: but the build up helps ease into it. I doubt it's anyone's taste lol

Trakhak 05-06-20 04:55 PM

diphthong 05-06-20 05:24 PM

"red barchetta" by rush

or

"space truckin" by deep purple

or
​​​​​​​
"superstar" by the carpenters.

HTupolev 05-06-20 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by VintageTTfan (Post 21457826)
The idea of this thread is "What is your all time favorite song that is angry or aggressive and psychs you up

Eh, I dunno. "All time favorite"? What psyches me up in any given moment is whatever my brain decides will, which can be all over the map depending on the day and the hour. Sometimes it's even songs that are normally pretty mellow, that I would never have described as "psyche up" music, which can come to life in unexpected ways when the brain matches them to the pedaling.

"Angry or aggressive" music, though? In terms of things which have tumbled about in my head on recent bike rides, I suppose this might be the closest answer:

trainsktg 05-10-20 05:15 PM

Weirdly perhaps, I happen to like music tied to exciting movies that I like, many times when I otherwise I would not like the music in question. For instance, the best national anthem in the World IMO is the Soviet/Russian National Anthem, which became my instant favorite the moment Ivan Drago appeared on stage in Rocky IV. YouTube also has a looped TEN-HOUR BloodRave (from the opening bar scene in Blade) that I crank when I jump rope. I couldn’t stand Lowrider until it had a cameo appearance in Nicholas Cage’s Gone in 60 Seconds.

Keith