Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Here are the pics of my fall!!! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=147295)

snowy 10-19-05 07:45 AM

Here are the pics of my fall!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics of my war wounds!!! :D
I didn't post the one of my left arm but I think you all get the idea.

miSSionary 10-19-05 07:49 AM

Ouch Snowy, that looks AWFUL!! :eek:

Lucky07 10-19-05 07:54 AM

Nice. My recent butt scrape pales in comparison! A+!
Heal fast!

GrannyGear 10-19-05 07:59 AM

Damn, Snowy, if you're gonna ride without your shorts on, bad things are gonna happen.

cycle17 10-19-05 08:02 AM

Yep... that's some hardcore road rash Snowy! Keep that stuff clean and here's wishing you a quick return to the bike. I've been off the bike six weeks myself from a leg/knee injury, so I know it sucks to be injured. Hopefully you heal up soon.

EURO 10-19-05 08:05 AM

I've seen worse. On my face.

snowy 10-19-05 08:10 AM

Nice boys :D
OMG, someone forgot to tell me to wear shorts, damn them!!! HA HA HA!! I did have shorts on, they are short shorts (biker one) and its amazing that they didn't get ripped up either. I did hit my head but was saved by the lucky HELMET!!! Just a small amount of road rash on my forehead.

Patriot 10-19-05 08:15 AM

Ewwww,

snowy, you sure you haven't been in the sun too much? ;)

get well soon. :)

galen_52657 10-19-05 08:15 AM

What about the boob road rash?

snowy 10-19-05 08:20 AM

No shot of the boob guys SORRY, BF wouldn't go for that :D
Actually the boob is healing the quickest, kinda crazy how that all works out.

lotek 10-19-05 08:20 AM

Damn that looks painful.
heal quickly and watch out for those wet patches.

marty

snowy 10-19-05 08:23 AM

So do I get points for riding another 20 miles after the fall??? :)

galen_52657 10-19-05 08:24 AM

style points no... grit points yes!

snowy 10-19-05 08:30 AM

Why no style points Galen???

skinnyone 10-19-05 08:40 AM

Sucks.. heal well...

Shifty 10-19-05 08:40 AM

That looks a little sore Snowy, but how did the blue bike do? Go to Wild Oats and buy some Aloe Vera Jelly, in the vitamin section, rub some in two to three time a day, boo boo will go away. Thanks for including the toes, best I've ever seen on BF!!

Ineedhelp 10-19-05 08:49 AM

Looks nasty! And the real lesson here...carry bandaids!

I always carry a little first aid kit in my saddle bag, but when I fell a few days ago on a new trail. I went to my kit and...no bandaids! Apparently my husband had cut himself at work, and couldn't be bothered to search through the suitcases because we're on the road--so he just went for the kit he knew was in my saddle bag! All he left me was a few wet wipes--so I had to walk my bike and keep wiping the blood away before it got to my socks until I could find a convenience store...

So new lesson learned for me--check saddle bag before all rides.

Recover soon!

snowy 10-19-05 08:49 AM

Shifty the bike is BROKEN, I bent the derailleur and messed up the shifters. The bike will be fixed over the weekend which is good for me since I can't ride. But out of ALL of this I get NEW STUFF!!!

Shifty 10-19-05 08:58 AM

We do like new stuff alright!! Have fun shopping Snowy, you make me laugh. The Aloe Vera really works and it dosen't sting, so try it.

snowy 10-19-05 09:00 AM

Thanks I will try the Aloe, right now I'm letting the wounds air out some, I have had too much stuff on them and its now drying.
Also, hey if I can laugh about all of this then hey you can TOO!!!

Tequila Joe 10-19-05 09:00 AM

Yeowch! Best wishes to a speedy recovery.

T.J.

P.S. Polysporin &/or Vitamin E Gel. Keep it covered at night with the medication and let it dry during the the day.

tomcat 10-19-05 09:01 AM

nice legs.....I mean nice road rash......no, wait...nice legs with road rash.

I'm not bragging but my big crash a year ago at 30 mph gave me alot of road rash and two broken ribs. I rode another 25 miles after the crash to finish. It's kinda weird how if you keep moving you don't realize just how bad it is until you stop....that's when the real pain sets in. I was very lucky in that I did a complete Beloki at speed and landed on my rump rather than my hip...which would have resulted in a busted hip.

Take care and get back on that horse (bike) soon.

tommy

John Wilke 10-19-05 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by EURO
I've seen worse. On my face.

All healed now except for a pinkish area on my forehead:

http://members.aol.com/j999w/crash/Roadrash.jpg

John Wilke
Milwaukee

Paniolo 10-19-05 09:08 AM

bandaids?? I think thats a little out of the realm for anything less than 6x6 or maybe 4x4 gauze. besides I think the rubbing of the gauze would be more painful on the raw nerve ends than being exposed ... the true bleeding slows to an ouze pretty quick.

Snowy, check this link out ... Dealing with Road Rash:

http://www.velonews.com/train/articles/3909.0.html

If you can find some of the duoderm patches, that stuff works miriacles and really reduces the pain. I went down at 23mph on Sunday and the rash where I used the duoderm is 90% better than the more minor rash I used traditional (less $) methods.

cydewaze 10-19-05 09:13 AM

Ouch! Although I agree with tomcat. Nice legs.