Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How many pairs of bike shorts do you have? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1102263)

puma1552 05-26-19 10:42 AM

2 pairs of shorts, but just ordered a pair of bibs which likely will replace both shorts.

Honestly I just ride on weekends so one pair is enough for me; I'm sort of a minimalist anyway.

skidder 05-26-19 12:19 PM

Four pair of AeroTech Designs 'Wild Print' shorts. They've got very minimal padding so comfy for walking around a bit at stops. I usually wear them 3 times before washing, just hang them up to air-dry between uses; no problems yet.

ZIPP2001 05-26-19 06:09 PM

10 for summer all custom complete matching kits, and 3 for winter.

kcblair 05-26-19 06:44 PM

Black 5pr. Gray 1pr. Red 1 pr. Winter tights 1pr.KB

shelbyfv 05-26-19 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by skidder (Post 20948258)
I usually wear them 3 times before washing,

TMI but I guess we can figure where your user name came from!:eek:

DHPflaumer 05-27-19 05:12 AM

Exactly zero. If I get into longer riding at this point I'll almost certainly need to for a variety of practical reasons but for now I'm happy to do up to a century or so in cutoff shorts and some wool boxer briefs.

shelbyfv 05-27-19 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by DHPflaumer (Post 20949072)
Exactly zero. If I get into longer riding at this point I'll almost certainly need to for a variety of practical reasons but for now I'm happy to do up to a century or so in cutoff shorts and some wool boxer briefs.

Save your money. If you are doing centuries in jorts you don't need no stinkin' shammy:thumb:

RidingMatthew 05-29-19 08:42 AM

4-5 pair of black bib shorts, i have 2 pairs of bib tights no chamois that I wear over my bib shorts. 1 pair of knickers with pad. 1 pair of Mountain biking shorts too.

PedalingWalrus 05-29-19 08:54 AM

I have

2 pairs of padded wool knickers that I use a lot
1 pair of padded bibs I use in colder season
1 pair of padded mtb shorts that I use
3 pairs of padded spandex chamois shorts that I use with combination of lightweight shorts on top of the spandex of warmer pants for snow riding

NoWhammies 05-29-19 09:03 AM

I've been on a buying spree of late.

5 pair of black bib shorts
1 pair from a Bianchi kit
1 pair from a Boyd cycling kit
1 pair from a Reynolds cycling kit

I think I'm good for now.

Rajflyboy 05-29-19 06:07 PM

1 pair

and I wash them not often :p

carlos danger 05-29-19 07:00 PM

i have 0 bike shorts. shorts are unworthy for civiliced humans to wear so i simply dont wear them.

DomaneS5 05-30-19 01:07 PM

2 pairs of lycra bibs for road rides... Aerotech Design and Louis Garneau
2 pairs of Zoic baggy shorts with chamois for gravel and mountain rides

Skipjacks 05-30-19 03:04 PM

0 actual biking shorts.

Regular cargo shorts work just fine for my biking.

(Athletic shorts ride up and show up my giblets...have to go with something that extends to the knee and won't blow upwards in the wind)

MikeyMK 05-30-19 04:57 PM

None.

A bike has to be practical for me, need to be able to use it whenever. I don't wear a race suit to drive my car, so why wear bike clothes? I'm not running the Tour De France.

I do fit my bikes with certain equipment, instead. Just as my car has comfortable seats, so do my bikes. There is only one exception - mitts. This is a safety aspect i cannot work around. You will only come off your bike once without mitts on. As an adult prepared to learn, anyway.

Maybe one day i'll bang my head... but i'll never wear padded pants and clipless shoes - unless i'm going to a fancy dress party.

woodcraft 05-30-19 08:27 PM

I counted 27, including tights, knickers, etc..

wipekitty 05-30-19 08:49 PM

I kind of went full-on roadie since my post here two years ago.

I'm now up to 6 bib shorts (mix 'n' match designs), 1 bib shorts that's part of a matching kit, and 2 thermal bib leggings. I also have 4 regular (waist) shorts, but those are primarily used under other clothing for longer transportation rides, or under winter gear when it's too cold for thermal leggings.

I ride nearly every day, sometimes twice a day (transportation and recreation), so the collection makes sense to me!

mac_flyer9 06-01-19 04:53 AM

N+1? I went and counted 15 pair of assorted brands. It took a while to find the brand the fits me right. I ride 5 times a week, so the rotation of bibs will last a while.

Garfield Cat 06-01-19 06:29 AM

Maybe 6 shorts and then one bibs.

But the thing I rotate is the compression one's that I bought a few years ago but now I read that compression for athletes during an event has little evidence of performance difference. Its only after a workout.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-f...work-20150305/

031 06-05-19 02:21 PM

Got over the fear now and own 3 shorts and 2 bibs.

Sojodave 06-05-19 04:10 PM

9 shorts
5 bibs
3 tights