Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic and Vintage Sales (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=274)
-   -   C&V Transaction Feedback Thread Part II (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=943691)

The Golden Boy 04-17-14 12:30 PM

C&V Transaction Feedback Thread Part II

I had a wonderful deal with Bikemore!

mikemowbz 04-17-14 12:34 PM

Golden Boy shows great initiative! :thumb:

Props also to pamaguahiker for an all-around pleasant transaction.

Sixty Fiver 04-17-14 12:48 PM

Nice to see that this thread is back if only so I can say that a few members who have purchased items of late have been nothing but excellent in making quick transactions and patient when circumstances caused a few minor delays.

RobbieTunes 04-17-14 04:55 PM

I can't remember a bad BF transaction, or maybe I repress those.
Could be the heavy drinking, drug use, and staying out all night, but I'd remember those, I think.

thinktubes 04-17-14 09:23 PM

Top-notch recent dealings with Papa!

The Golden Boy 04-18-14 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by RobbieTunes (Post 16680645)
I can't remember a bad BF transaction, or maybe I repress those.
Could be the heavy drinking, drug use, and staying out all night, but I'd remember those, I think.

I had one 'not quite so good' transaction- but it was a combination of bad timing for him, and me being far too uppity.

RobbieTunes 04-18-14 07:41 PM

Recently? The world is a parts box.
I pretty much take BF transactions for granted.

pamaguahiker
dtrain
crank_addict
Golden Boy
sloar
dookie
CenturionIM
rccardr
maybe Michael Angelo (someone who knows I'm on BF C&V sold me a frameset)
thirdgenbird
mapleleafs-13
whatwolf
Force
WNG
Ex Pres

rccardr 04-19-14 07:46 AM

Likewise, never a bad experience with the folks on this forum. I buy (a lot) in confidence.

thinktubes 04-19-14 09:36 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1

crank_addict 04-21-14 01:32 PM

Funny I hadn't even noticed this thread. Forgive me if I've forgotten any of you but everyone has been terrific dealing and helpful on the C&V group. Most appreciative and as soon as I'm finished with two more builds, I've got to put a pile of schtuff together in the pay it forward. Sure makes the hobby even better. Thanks all-

Oh wait, one more! Mr. RHM is a class act. A huge help in a 50's build and he's also turning into a master saddler. Mostly, I highly recommended Rudi for saddle work. Because saddles are most subjective, I'm rather reserved in touting. But in the case of RHM I don't know if I lucked out, yet what he sent is the most comfortable I've experienced right from the start. Keeping a log on this one and long term reports.

RobbieTunes 04-21-14 07:33 PM

he's also turning into a master saddler. Mostly, I highly recommended Rudi for saddle work.
He's just an ass man, that's all.

crank_addict 04-23-14 07:47 AM

^^^Robbie, you're a stitch- LOL.

BTW all: A happy shout out and compliments to RobbieTunes. I know nothing of his monster closet he speaks of but apparently its contagious. Thanks for the pedals & tc's. Perfect and using all of it. Just by chance, the 600 pair completed a build with same era groupo.

jmeb 04-28-14 06:03 PM

Shout out to @Ex Pres for the easy and perfect RD swap.

bikemore 04-29-14 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by The Golden Boy (Post 16679871)
I had a wonderful deal with Bikemore!

The Golden Boy is easy to work with. Glad it worked out for you!

bikemore 04-29-14 06:07 AM

Whatwolf is easy to work with. Handled my mistake well!

delicious 05-08-14 11:08 PM

@acoffin = awesome.

TimmyT 05-09-14 05:23 AM

Lots of great people on this forum to work with, including:
@awfulwaffle
@echo
@ElliotSF
@Dfrost
@puckett129
@acoffin
@Frogbutter
@Ciufalon

Seven thumbs up around: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ciufalon 05-09-14 09:17 AM

And likewise, Timmy T is absolutely terrific to work with!

Dfrost 05-09-14 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ciufalon (Post 16743464)
And likewise, Timmy T is absolutely terrific to work with!

+1 on that! Wish I could justify that beautiful big (my size!) Simoncini frame he's selling.

1960frejus 05-09-14 07:24 PM

I would like to Thank Jason... Screen name... Essthreetee
for an excellent transaction on the saddle and fast shipping.

1960frejus
Philo

RobbieTunes 05-11-14 05:08 PM

mapleleafs-13 was, as usual, excellent.

and Ithadan,
Stevensb,
buldogge,
OldsCool,
pamaguahiker,
sloar,
rccardr,
thirdgenbird,
and cyclotoine.

Seems everyone from Canada is nice to deal with.
It's either the culture or they're so grateful.....

r0ckh0und 05-11-14 06:33 PM

bibliobob, ChicagoAl and BigChainRing are all very pleasant to deal with in person. Most recent trades via the webs have been excellent with RobbieTunes, afilado, oddjob2 and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

There's another Chicago guy that helped me out a ton recently with some Zeus parts I was desparately seeking.........known to me as Billy (not sure of his handle here).............a straight shooter.

TimmyT 05-12-14 04:48 AM

@delicious Thanks! :thumb:

RobbieTunes 05-12-14 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dfrost (Post 16743812)
+1 on that! Wish I could justify that beautiful big (my size!) Simoncini frame he's selling.

I've never seen a Simoncini frame that wasn't worth having. Not a lot of bling, but boy, do they ride nicely.

delicious 05-12-14 10:51 PM

@TimmyT is highly recommended!

The Golden Boy 05-13-14 05:23 AM

@3speed is a great person to work with!

3speed 05-13-14 08:45 PM

You, sir, are a great person to work with!

To everyone else, I wasn't sure if a stem had the height I needed, and the Golden Boy there was More than helpful making sure it would work for me before finalizing the transaction. He's absolutely top-notch. You can feel completely confident in his end of the transaction.

crank_addict 05-15-14 08:55 AM

:thumb: for Catnap!

NICE early stuff and excellent to transact with

jimmuller 05-15-14 09:26 AM

It's been said before and worth saying again that bikemore is great to know and great to do business with.

bikemore 05-15-14 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by jimmuller (Post 16761065)
It's been said before and worth saying again that bikemore is great to know and great to do business with.

Thanks Jim. Good luck with your wheel build.

And Jim is what keeps the C&V crowd in the Boston area together. I think I am more or less booked into September, but would look forward to a group ride then.