Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Best website for all cycle related gear (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=953455)

NYPDrider156 06-12-14 01:53 PM

Best website for all cycle related gear

I just recently got back into cycling and purchased a Raleigh venture 3.0 for cursing around with my wife and I am curious what is a good bike online store for all my needs from tubes and patches to jerseys, just about everything I've tried google and all the sites that pop up are really awful any advice would be appreciated-Sean

Tim_Iowa 06-12-14 02:14 PM

I order most of my parts and accessories from Modernbike.com. They have a great selection and excellent prices. Plus, they're in Des Moines, IA, which is less than 100 miles away from me--so they have quick shipping.

However, their clothing selection isn't great. I haven't found a 1-stop source for bike clothing.

syncro87 06-12-14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tim_Iowa (Post 16845964)
I order most of my parts and accessories from Modernbike.com. They have a great selection and excellent prices. Plus, they're in Des Moines, IA, which is less than 100 miles away from me--so they have quick shipping.

However, their clothing selection isn't great. I haven't found a 1-stop source for bike clothing.

Agree. I like Modernbike.com.

I also like REI. Great return policy/customer service (useful with clothing) and frequent coupons for 20% off, and an outlet store. High-ish prices, though, without a coupon.

NYPDrider156 06-12-14 02:34 PM

Awesome this site was exactly what I was looking for

RPK79 06-12-14 02:40 PM

I get most of my stuff from Nashbar.com, probikekit.com, and Buy Road Bikes & Parts at Ribble Cycles | Online Bike Shop.

Hornplayer 06-12-14 03:33 PM

Not sure why you need bike gear for cursing at your wife. :roflmao2:Sorry, but we're vicious with typos here.

WestPablo 06-12-14 03:44 PM

Find Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Bike Shoes Or Your Local Bike Store at Performance.

Jenson USA - Online mountain & road bike parts, clothing and accessories shop | Jenson USA

www.nashbar.com

Looigi 06-13-14 08:36 AM

I use many. Ribble, REI, Competitive Cyclist, Bikewagon, Nashbar/Performance, Trivillage, Modern Bike, AEBike, Art's Cyclery, Jensen... whichever has the best deal on what I'm looking for. I also get a fair amount of stuff via Amazon and sometimes buy-it-now on eBay.

Little Darwin 06-13-14 09:10 AM

It's the internet, it's not like you're burning gas to get to each store.

My first stop is Google. That will pull up a few possibilities, then I see how some sites I hit frequently do on price (including shipping).

Along with those already mentioned.

Biketiresdirect.com is another good site, sometimes some great sales, but their standard shipping to the east coast can take a week or so.

Niagara Cycle

AEBike.com

Ebay

And I periodically make sure to give business to the LBS (actually 2 of them) for a variety of reasons.

pdlamb 06-13-14 09:13 AM

Bottom line, there's not one site that does everything for everybody.

I bought a lot of stuff from performancebike.com when I started back -- reasonable prices and good enough clothes, tools, tubes, patches, etc. But they don't carry the tires I like, so biketiresdirect got some orders. Nowadays I prefer the bibs from voler.com, and harriscyclery usually has my preferred brake pads (Koolstop salmon). Etc., etc.

Make sure you uncheck the "send me lots of email spam" box when you place an order from a new place, or you'll need to set up a separate bike store email account to see what your family and friends send on your main account.

RonH 06-13-14 04:13 PM

No one has mentioned www.biketiresdirect.com. They sell everything, not just tires.