Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Pills and Ills (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   Haglund's Deformity (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1146599)

JohnnyCyclist 06-11-18 08:43 AM

Haglund's Deformity

Haven't visited a doctor to confirm, but it looks like I've got Haglund's Deformity. Not painful --- yet. Anyone with experience to share?

RonH 06-11-18 10:05 AM

I read the wiki explanation. Sounds painful. Good luck with the doc.

TiHabanero 06-11-18 07:01 PM

That's gotta hurt!

nemo57 06-12-18 06:31 AM

Johnny
I have 'em on both heels. Fortunately, I've only had one play up at all over the years, generating a persistent corn that has to be shaved down from time to time. Haven't had the bursitis that they are apparently known for - touch wood. I avoid tight shoes as much as possible - except, ironically, that cycling shoes seem to be OK. Maybe its because they hold the heel so firmly that it doesn't irritate the corn.
All in all, worse things happen at sea.
Cheers

livedarklions 06-14-18 07:40 AM

Any chance Haglund will take it back?

zjrog 08-20-18 12:37 PM

Both heels, FLared up on my left heel shortly after left Knee Replacement, six weeks in a boot and it has been over 7 years no issue. However. A bit over 2 years ago, my right one started hurting. Boot did not help. Kept getting worse. Podiatrist commented it was certainly the biggest he had seen. As it got worse, even pedaling a bicycle on my trainer was too painful to continue. FInally, had surgery to cut it down. My pain was caused by the spur cutting my achilles tendon. Requiring reconstruction and an anchor drilled in my heel some kevlar thread... After non weight bearing for a while, and a few other injuries not related to my heel spurs, all is well...

waxmonk 12-08-21 04:28 PM

Surgery Tomorrow

Originally Posted by JohnnyCyclist (Post 20388271)
Haven't visited a doctor to confirm, but it looks like I've got Haglund's Deformity. Not painful --- yet. Anyone with experience to share?

Although my doc. isn't calling it Haglund's- I am. I'm having surgery on my heel tomorrow. Did you have leg cramps while riding your bike? I did, and it actually helped me to figure out the problem. I think the tight biking shoes rubbing on the back of my heel contributed as well. Not to mention long hours driving for a couple of part time jobs.

nemo57 12-13-21 01:20 AM

Hope it went well for you. First chiropodist I went to suggested that having the deformity removed is no picnic - so I haven't had it done. No cramps for me - as I said earlier, my cycling shoes are less trouble than most, because they don't allow the heel to move around much at all. And, now that I've retired from active dress shoe wearing and lounge around in sandals in all weathers, the entire things is less trouble than it used to be, though over a couple of hours' driving can remind me of past pains.