Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bikecloset (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1288350)

bonsai171 02-08-24 06:21 PM

Bikecloset

Is anyone here familiar with bikecloset.com? They have some good deals for tires, wondering if the products are legit? Would you buy from them?

Dave

veganbikes 02-08-24 06:32 PM

Like I always say if you are concerned with them probably not a good idea to buy from them. Maybe legit maybe not but certainly looks sketchy.

I get that unreal pricing is an attention grabber but surely after the probably 20+ threads in the past year on these same sort of sites we would learn. If it is too good to be true, it probably is and if it isn't why does the website look sketchy enough to raise eyebrows.

Caveat Emptor!

wayold 02-08-24 07:05 PM

I've bought lots of stuff from bikecloset over the years. They're legit. Only negative is that they charge $10 minimum shipping on all orders, so small buys may not be as good a deal as they appear. Also navigating their website can be an exercise in patience, but good stuff is there if you dig for it.

easyupbug 02-08-24 09:22 PM

I used them a few years ago with a good result, but you should check here:https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bikecloset.com

njkayaker 02-09-24 10:28 AM

There's a sign at the address they indicate.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.3779...er=0&entry=ttu

The website is pretty basic but stuff on it is consistent and avoids the common "fingerprints" of a scam site.

genejockey 02-09-24 11:17 AM

They're real, and they're spectacular!

Sorry, couldn't help myself! I have bought tires, and shoes from BikeCloset, and yes, they exist! They seem to be where overstocks go to get sold off, so you won't find the latest stuff there, and you'd have a hell of a time relying on them for everything you need to build out a frame (for example), because what they have is often just one piece - e.g. recently they had 12 speed Chorus RDs for really cheap. But that was it - no FD, no Ergos, no brakes, no crankset.

masi61 02-09-24 11:24 AM

I concur with what @genejockey says . They are legit. They don't have the best website in the world and the closeouts they have a kind of random. I think I purchased some tubular tires from them (Vittoria cx 27mm's) for a good price several years ago. I have not used those tires yet.

Iride01 02-09-24 11:30 AM

I started using them about 5 years ago. Great prices on tires when they have them in stock. So I'm assuming they get those great prices buy buying in big lots of those tires and wait till their inventory is almost exhausted before buying another big lot to give us great prices.

Haven't had any issues.

genejockey 02-09-24 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Iride01 (Post 23152241)
I started using them about 5 years ago. Great prices on tires when they have them in stock. So I'm assuming they get those great prices buy buying in big lots of those tires and wait till their inventory is almost exhausted before buying another big lot to give us great prices.

Haven't had any issues.

I noticed that once Vittoria's Corsa Pro tires came out, BikeCloset suddenly had amazing prices on Corsa G2.0 and Corsa Control G2.0s, the tires that the Corsa Pro replaced. I think they buy manufacturer overstocks and closeouts.

Iride01 02-09-24 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 23152262)
I noticed that once Vittoria's Corsa Pro tires came out, BikeCloset suddenly had amazing prices on Corsa G2.0 and Corsa Control G2.0s, the tires that the Corsa Pro replaced. I think they buy manufacturer overstocks and closeouts.

When I needed replenish my tire stocks, they consistently had some of the lowest prices for the tires I wanted. Which were GP5000 clinchers. Toying with the idea of changing brands. Maybe back to Vittoria, but I notice they don't currently show much on their site except for a few Pirelli and a very few Vittoria.

Though a few other online vendors seemed to have nearly as good pricing the last time I had to order tires. Which actually was two or more years ago.

genejockey 02-09-24 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Iride01 (Post 23152293)
When I needed replenish my tire stocks, they consistently had some of the lowest prices for the tires I wanted. Which were GP5000 clinchers. Toying with the idea of changing brands. Maybe back to Vittoria, but I notice they don't currently show much on their site except for a few Pirelli and a very few Vittoria.

Though a few other online vendors seemed to have nearly as good pricing the last time I had to order tires. Which actually was two or more years ago.

Ah, the $39 GP5Ks on PBK! I miss those.

Iride01 02-09-24 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 23152321)
Ah, the $39 GP5Ks on PBK! I miss those.

$32 GP5000's when I first started using BikeCloset.

Garthr 02-09-24 03:06 PM

Yes they are a legit retailer as last fall I bought 3 pairs of Sportful bibs and 4 jackets/vest from them. I get the skepticism as I'm as cautious as can be and for good reason but if you do more than a one page search on them you'll find they aren't a scam. I know there are lots spoof website these days but this isn't one of them. see their FAQ where you can call them, or lookey here, a real retail store(image dated Feb. 2019 so they've been there a while) .....https://www.google.com/maps/place/No...f_m9?entry=ttu

SoSmellyAir 02-09-24 06:21 PM

bikecloset.com is most definitely legit and I have bought many things there; the most notable purchase being a Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Superflow saddle (i.e., the lightest version with the CF rails) for $159 + tax + $10 shipping.

Kat12 02-09-24 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by wayold (Post 23151720)
Only negative is that they charge $10 minimum shipping on all orders, so small buys may not be as good a deal as they appear.

That's true of most places, though-- shipping is usually at least $8-10, no matter how small or cheap of an item you buy. (It's why I don't buy much online... usually what I want is small and/or cheap enough to be not worth possibly doubling the price (or more) once shipping comes into it.)

kcjc 02-10-24 04:51 PM

They are legit. They don't have the best deals for stuff I need recently, but I did get my first smart trainer and GPS computer (Gen 1 Elite Drivo & Garmin 520) from them. I have visited their physical stores (one in Folsom, CA, closed). I think they still host rides from the Vacaville store.

sean.hwy 02-17-24 04:23 AM

I just bought stuff from them a few days ago. no issues. not as good amazon with emails saying your stuff has shipped. tracking number etc...