Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   Thread for Specialized Sirrus (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1028325)

n0thing 09-04-15 08:54 AM

Specialized Sirrus Thread
 
The Cannondale Quick and Trek FX have their own threads, but not the Sirrus. I've seen many a Sirrus post on here so why not have a central one. Post up your Sirrus, ask questions, talk about the future of the Sirrus line, etc. :)

n0thing 09-04-15 08:54 AM

A little over a month ago I purchased a Cannondale Quick 4. Since buying it I had constant issues related to the shifting of the bike and, frankly, I was regretting the purchase. I went for "the deal" over what I knew I wanted in a bike in terms of components. After two bike shops looking my Cannondale over and warranty replacements of parts now being brought up, I decided to bite the bullet and look at the bikes with components I knew I wanted.


http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...psuirvtsjf.jpg


Yesterday I came home with a 2015 Specialized Sirrus Comp Disc. I felt it was a nice future proof bike (meaning I won't have anything major I feel I will have to upgrade) that had everything I wanted. It rides like a dream and I absolutely love the 2x10 gearing.


I had not considered Specialized in the past as the local chain that carries them never treated me all that well. I decided to give them another try this time and the customer service was absolutely fantastic. I feel bad that not buying from the shop I've been using for years, but this was the right bike for me and it's one they didn't carry so it is what it is.

swoodjr1 09-04-15 11:00 AM

Great idea for a thread! Maybe folks will post here will help reduce the number of Sirrus threads

n0thing 09-04-15 11:43 AM


Originally Posted by swoodjr1 (Post 18138032)
Great idea for a thread! Maybe folks will post here will help reduce the number of Sirrus threads

Just wanted to let you know I received your PMs, but I don't have enough posts to reply. I tried changing the thread title but no dice.

BigL_RIP 09-04-15 11:57 AM

http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...ts-o-mods.html

My '15 Expert, taken beyond Pro attributes.

Lt Stonez 09-04-15 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Sirrus friends:) am lucky to have a Sirrus comp carbon disk 14 model. The cool thing with this bike is that its the last year Sirrus used Roubaix frame and the only year you could get a Sirrus with the roubaix frame and disc breakes. Love the bike and its allways put a smile on my face:thumb:

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=475291

giantcfr1 09-04-15 10:04 PM


Originally Posted by Lt Stonez (Post 18138909)
Hi Sirrus friends:) am lucky to have a Sirrus comp carbon disk 14 model. The cool thing with this bike is that its the last year Sirrus used Roubaix frame and the only year you could get a Sirrus with the roubaix frame and disc breakes...

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=475291

Are you sure the Sirrus frame is a Roubaix? Or is the Roubaix frame on a road bike actually a Sirrus? ;)

funbikerchick 09-04-15 10:33 PM

Hi all. My bike is the lower end compared to what has already been posted. I have a Sirrus Sport Disc. I love it. I just started cycling and thought it was a lot of money for something I wasn't sure would stick. It's sticking... I absolutely love my bike and riding.

Sonmi451 09-04-15 11:25 PM

I got the bike in my sig. I wish I would have just bought the expert disc or whatever but oh well. I'm going to have some fun upgrading this one and getting it under 20 pounds. I really like the bike overall though it's fun to ride I'm glad I didn't get a Trek.

NormanF 09-04-15 11:29 PM

A nice bike for people who like the Roubaix/Allez but can't stand drop bars.

quicktrigger 09-05-15 09:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have the 2015 Sirrus Sport. Have put over 1K miles on it since last Oct. When riding somewhere new, up a new hill, on the MUP's with my S.O., or a really long ride for me, this is the bike I got to.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=475401

I have since added much better pedals than the stock, carbon handlebars, new stem, carbon seat post, and upgraded tires after my fourth flat. Carbon parts were top try to improve the ride on ship seal roads. Love the bike, but intent to move up around Dec/Jan. Likely to this:

Specialized Bicycle Components in the same Cyan color.

I've been caught in the rain a couple times and I just don't like the rim brakes when wet. So going disc, and upgrading other components and frame while I'm at it.

Side note, I also have an 2015 Allez that I also love. Now has carbon seatpost, handlebars, stem, and fork for the same reason as the Allez. Have over 600 miles on it since March when I bought it. I switch back and forth bewteen these two bikes, as I love them both, but they ride somewhat different.

Here is the bike pre-mod:
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=475404

Below is an example of where I ride both bikes, along with MUP's. This is along my regular route, and it probable 3-4 miles or so from my home.
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=475405

n0thing 09-05-15 10:05 AM

quicktrigger - Has the carbon made an improvement on those types of roads? I ride on very similar roads where I live and I'm always looking for ways to help out my wrists (which have suffered from 10 years of bad posture at a desk job).

Nice looking bikes everyone!

badger1 09-05-15 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've posted mine before in different threads; here's a lousy but up-to-date pic.
2010 Sirrus Comp (purchased new). What remains: stock frame/fork, bars/stem/seatpost. Everything else re-done including headset: Apex/Rival drivetrain w/10spd Double Tap shifters; TRP CX9 brakes w/Avid SD7 levers; Giant PSL1 wheelset w/Specialized Roubaix Pro 32/30 tires; Specialized Avatar, Ergon grips. Weight, with XT pedals, 19.4 lbs (LBS Park scale).

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=475440

quicktrigger 09-05-15 05:29 PM


Originally Posted by n0thing (Post 18140381)
quicktrigger - Has the carbon made an improvement on those types of roads? I ride on very similar roads where I live and I'm always looking for ways to help out my wrists (which have suffered from 10 years of bad posture at a desk job).

Nice looking bikes everyone!


Originally Posted by n0thing (Post 18140381)
quicktrigger - Has the carbon made an improvement on those types of roads? I ride on very similar roads where I live and I'm always looking for ways to help out my wrists (which have suffered from 10 years of bad posture at a desk job).

Nice looking bikes everyone!

Well I would the ride on the Sirrus was reasonable to begin with in comparison to the Allez. However for the Sirrus the handlebars helped dampen vibration some. The stem is still aluminium, so nothing there. Seatpost was not a major difference, if it projected further, then it would have been more. On the Sirrus, the biggest improvement was reducing the tire pressure in front, and then switching tires. The current tires (Gatorskins) ride better, but feel slower to me. Just the trade off. I run 32c tires, with 85 psi on front and 95 psi on the back.

As for the Allez, handlebars helped some. Same story on the seatpost. Tire pressure and slick tires helped as well. But by far the biggest improvement was a carbon fork. So carbon fork is now a requirement for future bike for me. THAT MUCH BETTER.

Undwrstand, I bought the cheap stuff cause I was interested in the ride and not the weight. Carbon fork as Nashbar. Carbon handlebars were Chinese (excellent quality) and the seatpost were cheap carbon from Amazon. All excellent quality. All factors together much improved my ride.

QT

Lt Stonez 09-05-15 06:50 PM


Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 18139671)
Are you sure the Sirrus frame is a Roubaix? Or is the Roubaix frame on a road bike actually a Sirrus? ;)

i call it a Sirbaix frame LOL cheers:beer:

giantcfr1 09-05-15 07:31 PM


Originally Posted by Lt Stonez (Post 18141276)
i call it a Sirbaix frame LOL cheers:beer:

:thumb:

altondavis2 09-06-15 02:41 AM

I have the base Sirrus model 2014. Its hard to beat because its comfortable and fast. I replaced the
tires with Continental Touring tires with the reflective sidewall. I like the grip of the Continentals better
than the OEM tire. Before purchasing I compared the Cannondale Quick and Trek FX models. To get a
Trek that really felt better would have meant going upmarket to the Trek FX4 a lot more cash. The
high gloss dark green with white trim gets a lot of compliments. Its a keeper.

Chamaco 09-08-15 07:47 AM

Here is my 14 Sport Disc

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30...psnbm2dwdd.jpg

PedalingWalrus 09-08-15 08:57 AM

I have the carbon disc pro. Bought it sometimes in April and put over 2400KM on it so far. Love the bike. Have not done any upgrades but considered carbon wheels although there is a lot of competition for my money ;-)

Ajh800 09-08-15 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Checked out the 2016 Roubrus comp disc today at LBS, stealth black! What a beauty, with drops or self moded with flat bars.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=476058

I want one.

n0thing 09-08-15 03:37 PM

I'm going to swap the stock handlebar for a riser. I've noticed the day after riding my wrists are pretty sore. Perfect excuse to go for carbon, right?

I'm also going to swap tires to ones that are a little lighter and a little more narrow. I'm thinking of going from 30c to 28c. Unsure if what I'm going to use at this time. I had Bontrager AW3 Hard Case Lites on my Cannondale and loved them, but only got them because a LBS had them in stock and cut me a deal on them. I went from 30c to 25c on that bike and the ride quality was noticeably worse, even with a carbon fork. I don't want to do that again.

BigL_RIP 09-08-15 03:49 PM


Originally Posted by n0thing (Post 18148284)
I'm going to swap the stock handlebar for a riser. I've noticed the day after riding my wrists are pretty sore. Perfect excuse to go for carbon, right?

I'm also going to swap tires to ones that are a little lighter and a little more narrow. I'm thinking of going from 30c to 28c. Unsure if what I'm going to use at this time. I had Bontrager AW3 Hard Case Lites on my Cannondale and loved them, but only got them because a LBS had them in stock and cut me a deal on them. I went from 30c to 25c on that bike and the ride quality was noticeably worse, even with a carbon fork. I don't want to do that again.

I went risers on my Sirrus also, having ridden the Quick Carbon and preferring the riser to the straight flat. Going to go the other direction in tires, swapping my 30s for 35s. We'll see how it feels.

n0thing 09-08-15 03:53 PM


Originally Posted by BigL_RIP (Post 18148307)
I went risers on my Sirrus also, having ridden the Quick Carbon and preferring the riser to the straight flat. Going to go the other direction in tires, swapping my 30s for 35s. We'll see how it feels.

How's the Easton treating you, assuming that's what you still have? Any chance you remember the model number or the name of it by chance? I'd like to look it up. The LBS recommended one with 20-30mm rise which they had in stock, but was at a ridiculous markup compared to online.

BigL_RIP 09-08-15 03:56 PM


Originally Posted by n0thing (Post 18148312)
How's the Easton treating you, assuming that's what you still have? Any chance you remember the model number or the name of it by chance? I'd like to look it up. The LBS recommended one with 20-30mm rise which they had in stock, but was at a ridiculous markup compared to online.

Yeah, that was the one item I bought through the LBS. Had I done more research, could've gone even lighter via online purchase but it's negligible in the grand scheme. I got the XC line, EC70 20mm riser. EC70 RISER | Easton Cycling

Sonmi451 09-08-15 05:16 PM


Originally Posted by BigL_RIP (Post 18148321)
Yeah, that was the one item I bought through the LBS. Had I done more research, could've gone even lighter via online purchase but it's negligible in the grand scheme. I got the XC line, EC70 20mm riser. EC70 RISER | Easton Cycling

My LBS had these bars and I almost bought them, but they wouldn't cut them for me. Actually, maybe they were different, I thought hey were 680mm. Anyway they were ridiculously light. I think they were on sale $70. Maybe I should just get them and cut them myself.

Actually looks like they were the EC70 XC also.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.