Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Electric Bikes (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   Scott vs Haibike? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1271090)

Ross40 04-22-23 09:18 AM

Scott vs Haibike?

Hello!

I'm just entering the world of ebikes.
I love Scott, i used to have one of their bikes until somebody stole it.
So now that I have to buy a new one, I thought I'd go for an ebike.
My shortlist is:
1)Haibike Trekking 6
Motor 250W - 70Nm - Yamaha battery/motor - 630Wh battery - tires 27,5"

2) Scott Sub Cross Eride 20 Eq
Motor 250W - 85Nm - Bosch battery/motor - 500Wh battery - tires 29x2.25 - 25.30kg

3) Scott Axis Eride 20 Mix
Motor 250W - 65Nm - Bosch battery/motor - 500Wh battery - tires 29 - 26.40kg

Apparently I cannot post the links to the bike so I listed the main features.
The price is very similar so it is not a deal breaker.

I will mainly use the bike to go to work (quite flat) and some rides in the mountains (but not the main use).

Which one would you suggest considering I like the looks of all 3?

I should maybe add I'm quite a short girl (164cm) and my boyfriend has a very nice (and more technical) trek so he's pushing me to follow him for rides in the mountains.

Thank you for your help!

Tomm Willians 04-22-23 11:16 AM

My two cents is worth exactly that but I would go straight for one of the Scott’s. Just the fact that they produce some of the markets finest bikes would make my choice easy.

2old 04-23-23 01:15 PM

I have a "Yamaha-Haibike which has provided good service, but would opt for the 85 Nm Scott too (1.9 cents worth).

veganbikes 04-23-23 01:26 PM

Bosch all the way.

Smaug1 04-24-23 01:45 PM

Ah, too bad you can't post links.
I don't know about your fitness level or those bikes, but I know I'm a lot stronger rider than my wife. The way it works best is if SHE takes an eBike and I take my regular bike. That way, she can work as hard as she wants, but still keep up with me.

Ross40 04-26-23 09:58 AM

Thank you all, very helpful.
I think I will go for the scott then. I am 164 cm tall. They only have S at the shop, I think I would have preferred an M though.

Ross40 05-07-23 10:27 AM

Hi all!

In the end I did buy a Scott but not the ones I previously shortlisted.
I bough a Scott Axis Eride 10. A bit more expensive but felt so much better when I tried it!
What do you think?

2old 05-08-23 09:09 AM

Should be a great choice. Even the lower spec "20" looks pretty good.

poiuyt 05-09-23 12:21 PM

I arrive a bit late, but think that the Axis is the more coherent choice compared to the Subcross. The Subcross has MTB tires, but some other specs are not OK when off-roading (it misses a clutch on the derailleur, the range of the cassette is lower, suspension has less travel). On the other side the Axis is a "civilised MTB", all components are proper off-road components, except the tires (that are easy to change anyway), that are more gravel. But it's not a bad thing: the bike will be better on-road, and will still be able to handle easy trails when it's dry.