Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   Damaged Rear hub, need new wheetset anyway...annnnd GOOO! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=977671)

Terps 10-19-14 08:46 PM

Damaged Rear hub, need new wheetset anyway...annnnd GOOO!

So lost my balls, literally the other day. My rear hub is beyond repair. Its about that time to upgrade my stock wheelset anyway (amelia track)

Need some good suggestions. Was looking at some H + Son's the other day. Thoughts??

Thanks!

Wspsux 10-19-14 09:20 PM

I really like my h plus son TB14

ketsana 10-19-14 09:51 PM

I really like my kinlin xr200s with formula hub and bikehubstore front road hub so far.
Just built up a vigorelli in 50cm and the bike weighs 15.2lbs without brakes. I'm waiting for tektro 31.8mm cross top lever to come in.

I wouldn't mind giving Chinese carbon track wheels a try either.

Jared. 10-19-14 10:41 PM

Wabi wheels if they are in stock.

Terps 10-20-14 07:04 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

H + Sons are dope but gonna burn a deep whole in my pocket.

Im not entirely sure that I have the wherewithal to build my own wheel set.

ketsana 10-20-14 11:42 AM

I didn't build mine. I paid a shop who can also cut spokes to do it.
Cost was around 200$ for rims and hubs. Then 160$ for spokes and labour.
These were Canadian prices btw.
The wabi wheelset do look like an awesome value though.

Terps 10-20-14 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by ketsana (Post 17233564)
I didn't build mine. I paid a shop who can also cut spokes to do it.
Cost was around 200$ for rims and hubs. Then 160$ for spokes and labour.
These were Canadian prices btw.
The wabi wheelset do look like an awesome value though.

Im currently between the wabi and h+s. Figure I might as well invest

ketsana 10-20-14 08:48 PM

Are you after lightweight? If so, I'm not sure the h pluses build up so light. I'm sure they are awesome judging by how many I see in the show your bike thread.

You do know about velomine.com right? You can get into h plus son's for $225 with formula hubs.

Jared. 10-21-14 12:29 AM

Wabi wheels are lighter with double butted spokes and comparable hubs for the same price. If it works aesthetically, it's a better value.

Terps 10-21-14 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by ketsana (Post 17235121)
Are you after lightweight? If so, I'm not sure the h pluses build up so light. I'm sure they are awesome judging by how many I see in the show your bike thread.

You do know about velomine.com right? You can get into h plus son's for $225 with formula hubs.

Yea i was just velomine the other day and they did seem to have good prices.

Leukybear 10-21-14 01:33 PM

It's a good idea to learn how you stripped your current hub as well so it doesn't happen again.