Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   50+ers in the East Denver, CO area (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=328385)

johnnyb 08-02-07 01:17 PM

50+ers in the East Denver, CO area

Have 3 of us riding near Monaco and Evans area several times a week and looking for more folks so we have more options...who rides when, etc. more than 1 is always better. I am trying to ride all the weekdays plus one weekend ride or 3 to 4 hours. Ages 40's and 50's...ride pretty hard (one is a Triple Bypass vet and alternates helping with the event and riding in it and the other is a bit of a hill beast...me? I just keep up)...an hour each morning from 5:30 AM to about 6:30 AM before work. Cherry Creek Reservoir and back is an hour and 10 mins and Confluence Park is an hour ish.

I'll set up my profile so people can email me if you want to get in touch directly.

John

wingkeel 08-03-07 10:03 AM

Please ride with me?

I'm going to be doing the Carter Lake Loop from Lafayette tomorrow morning. It will be about 70-miles round trip. I won't be killing myself but will try for a nice, steady 14-16 MPH. I did this ride many years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Its best done starting early in the morning to take advantage of the cool morning air during most of the steady uphill sections.

I just began riding again after fifteen years off the bike. I bought a new bike three weeks ago and since then have put on almost 400 miles. I did my first half century last weekend and will be doing the Carter Lake Loop in preparation for my first Century bid in two weeks.

I'm a 57 year young male who loves to ride and would love some company. Let me know what your email address is and I will send you my cellphone number if your interested. We have a lot of really interesting rides up here. We could even do something up in your neck of the woods. I'm always up for trying a new route.

Terry

johnnyb 08-03-07 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by wingkeel (Post 4993861)
I'm going to be doing the Carter Lake Loop from Lafayette tomorrow morning. It will be about 70-miles round trip. I won't be killing myself but will try for a nice, steady 14-16 MPH. I did this ride many years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Its best done starting early in the morning to take advantage of the cool morning air during most of the steady uphill sections.

I just began riding again after fifteen years off the bike. I bought a new bike three weeks ago and since then have put on almost 400 miles. I did my first half century last weekend and will be doing the Carter Lake Loop in preparation for my first Century bid in two weeks.

I'm a 57 year young male who loves to ride and would love some company. Let me know what your email address is and I will send you my cellphone number if your interested. We have a lot of really interesting rides up here. We could even do something up in your neck of the woods. I'm always up for trying a new route.

Terry

Replied with PM. Can't this time but interested for future. Thanks. Bout the speed I ride. Let you know what I am doing. Want to do Deer Creek Canyon sometime and get in some hill/mountain work.

DnvrFox 08-05-07 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyb (Post 4987819)
Have 3 of us riding near Monaco and Evans area several times a week and looking for more folks so we have more options...who rides when, etc. more than 1 is always better. I am trying to ride all the weekdays plus one weekend ride or 3 to 4 hours. Ages 40's and 50's...ride pretty hard (one is a Triple Bypass vet and alternates helping with the event and riding in it and the other is a bit of a hill beast...me? I just keep up)...an hour each morning from 5:30 AM to about 6:30 AM before work. Cherry Creek Reservoir and back is an hour and 10 mins and Confluence Park is an hour ish.

I'll set up my profile so people can email me if you want to get in touch directly.

John

Check out the regional forums.

http://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=238

You guys are a bit advanced for me.

wingkeel 08-08-07 08:28 PM

Carter Lake Loop Update

We did the Carter Lake Loop, starting out at 0600. we had a nice overcast until about 0830 when the clouds burned off. By the time we finished, it was 65-miles, 96-degree heat, 50% humidity and, eventhough I didn't bonk, it took a lot out of me. The ride was absolutely worth the effort! Beautiful rolling hills, lots of scenery, not much traffic and watering holes every fifteen miles or so. I'm going to do it at least a couple more times before the end of Sept.

Terry