Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Forum Suggestions & User Assistance (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Forum hijack? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1151035)

merziac 07-28-18 02:18 PM

Forum hijack?

Anybody else see the Vbulletin? format takeover?

Colnago Mixte 07-28-18 02:22 PM

The skin changed for me, and a lot of the features are gone. It's as if the board is limping along in "Safe Mode".

YMMV.

merziac 07-28-18 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Colnago Mixte (Post 20474782)
The skin changed for me, and a lot of the features are gone. It's as if the board is limping along in "Safe Mode".

YMMV.

I logged out and back in, all good again, for now?

Looks like the admin was trying to post something. :foo:

verktyg 07-28-18 06:19 PM

Happened to me too the other day. I found a drop down menu in the upper left hand corner and the was an option like show entire something or other. I clicked on it and fixed the problem.

verktyg :50:

Rollfast 07-28-18 06:22 PM

There is another global announcement from IBobi with only a period today. That was reported to Siu Blue Wind, the trouble you had with viewing the site I was unaware of, wasn't here. I will forward this too.

clubman 07-28-18 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by verktyg (Post 20475135)
Happened to me too the other day. I found a drop down menu in the upper left hand corner and the was an option like show entire something or other. I clicked on it and fixed the problem.

verktyg :50:

I've had this happen several times over the last few weeks. I also found the drop down menu and clicked on "View Full Site".

I can't find the menu that allows me to go back to minimal view.

Essthreetee 07-28-18 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 20475183)
I've had this happen several times over the last few weeks. I also found the drop down menu and clicked on "View Full Site".

I can't find the menu that allows me to go back to minimal view.

i prefer the full site...BUT at the bottom of each forum is a green bar that says mobile site. If that is what you are looking for.

clubman 07-28-18 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Essthreetee (Post 20475224)

i prefer the full site...BUT at the bottom of each forum is a green bar that says mobile site. If that is what you are looking for.

Yup, that's it. Then the full site option appears in the top left drop down. But it has been putting me into mobile mode at random, maybe a browser/OS issue.

cb400bill 07-29-18 06:10 AM

Thread moved from C&V to User Assistance.

canklecat 07-30-18 01:26 PM

Probably depends on your browser tracking settings. With Chrome I allow tracking of most stuff -- cookies, etc. -- and minimal ad blocking only for intrusive or sluggish ads. So while I'm logged in and using Chrome I'm seeing only the standard browser display.

But when I do a Google image search and click through it defaults to the mobile view. But that's no unusual. Google searches often default to the mobile view of any forum type website if that's the most heavily trafficked version. Just takes a moment to click on the full view option.

IBThomas 07-31-18 10:27 AM

Sometimes the forum looks a bit funky because of what's saved on a browser's cache. Clearing cache seems to fix the problem.

Tamiya 10-12-18 05:12 PM

Getting a lot of nuisance page popup hijacks in recent 2-3d... some bug broken in?

IBThomas 10-12-18 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tamiya (Post 20613661)
Getting a lot of nuisance page popup hijacks in recent 2-3d... some bug broken in?

What kind of hijacks/pop ups are you running into?

Tamiya 10-13-18 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by IBThomas (Post 20613678)
What kind of hijacks/pop ups are you running into?

Am on iPad, whilst browsing BF they popup a new window with dialogbox "You've won xxxx..."

Sorry I don't hang around long enough to take a screenshot :) usually kneejerk reaction is to immediately shutdown & close window before anything else can be loaded...

Rollfast 10-14-18 11:19 PM

Your device has a cache like laptops and desktops do, you can locate the URL(S) of the offensive site looking through that.

IBThomas 10-15-18 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tamiya (Post 20614235)

Am on iPad, whilst browsing BF they popup a new window with dialogbox "You've won xxxx..."

Sorry I don't hang around long enough to take a screenshot :) usually kneejerk reaction is to immediately shutdown & close window before anything else can be loaded...

Thanks for the info. If you can remember to get a screenshot next time, that'll make it much easier for us to report and get a handle on.