Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Folding Bikes (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Rear shock problem (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1133976)

rainbow9 01-23-18 07:36 PM

Rear shock problem

1 Attachment(s)
I have a full suspension 20'' folder, similar to a Dahon JetstreamP8. It comes with not adjustable rear shock. I have the bike just over 1 month and noticed, from day one, that rear suspension not working at all. I can't even slightly move (compress)the shaft by pushing saddle down. I took the shock out, and tried to compress it - no luck. I was told by the seller on line, that it takes time for air to leak out to a usable condition... What a bs. Does anyone having similar issue with not adjustable rear shock? Is this can be fixed? Thanks.

ttakata73 01-23-18 09:44 PM

Are there any small screws on the thing? I would put on safety glasses and open that a tiny bit to see if any pressure comes out. Beware it might be high pressure and shoot out like a bullet. Maybe do it facing away from you towards a pillow so it catches the screw. If there are no openings then this might just be something that looks like a shock but isn't.

ThorUSA 01-24-18 01:33 AM

Its a blatant copy I assume
If the shock has the same dimension like the dahon quality shock i might be able to help
I have different ones but all are not cheap

jur 01-24-18 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by ThorUSA (Post 20128238)
If the shock has the same dimension like the dahon quality shock i might be able to help

Could that be an OEM Dahon rebrand? There's tools much exactly the same. Even the handlepost looks identical.

rainbow9 01-24-18 05:35 PM

Yes. This bike is identical to a Dahon Jetstream P8. But it has18 speed and hydraulic disc brakes. love it.

rainbow9 01-24-18 05:45 PM

Thanks, Thor. THE Shock is 125mm from eye to eye. I just ordered on line an adjustable air shock of the same size.

Bilal 03-05-19 12:32 AM

Same here

Hi. The rear shock on my old jetstream is gone. Would you be able to help and how much will it cost? Thanks

Bilal 03-05-19 12:32 AM

Same here

Hi. The rear shock on my old jetstream is gone. Would you be able to help and how much will it cost? Thanks

Joe Remi 03-05-19 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bilal (Post 20823193)

You can contact Thor at thorusa.com or the Folding Bike forum at mtbr.com. He's long gone from this place.

jadi 03-05-19 08:43 AM

Very nice. First time I'm seeing a full suspension folding bike :D hope you can make it work

rainbow9 03-11-19 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bilal (Post 20823192)

I found an adjustable rear shock 125mm for my bike on ebay. There are several styles you can choose from. I bought me a ''New kind of Shock Kindshock KS A5-RR1 Dual /Solo Air Rear Shock A5-RE 125/150/165mm'' on ebay.
I like it much better then old original I had. It ran around $57 and free shipping.

Bilal 03-11-19 05:47 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by rainbow9 (Post 20833620)
I found an adjustable rear shock 125mm for my bike on ebay. There are several styles you can choose from. I bought me a ''New kind of Shock Kindshock KS A5-RR1 Dual /Solo Air Rear Shock A5-RE 125/150/165mm'' on ebay.
I like it much better then old original I had. It ran around $57 and free shipping.

Thanks

Hiclearance 03-19-19 05:31 PM

The air shock on my Dahon Groove has lost all pressure. I can have it re-pressurized locally, but what pressure is required??

BromptonINrio 03-19-19 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hiclearance (Post 20845815)
The air shock on my Dahon Groove has lost all pressure. I can have it re-pressurized locally, but what pressure is required??

depends on your wheight

rhenning 03-20-19 06:36 AM

The place that repressures the shock should know what it is supposed to be. I would ask them and also contact Dahon and get their numbers. Roger

Hiclearance 03-24-19 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by BromptonINrio (Post 20845901)
depends on your wheight

Dahon didn't ask my weight when I bought the bike, so I don't see how that would apply......

I've ordered an adjustable spring type shock the same dimensions. That should do the job.

BromptonINrio 03-25-19 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Hiclearance (Post 20853264)
Dahon didn't ask my weight when I bought the bike, so I don't see how that would apply......

I've ordered an adjustable spring type shock the same dimensions. That should do the job.

well, if you cant see i will show you.
dahons are one size fits all bikes, so you can have rider from 1.50mt and 45kg to 1.90mt and 100kg.
rear shocks need to adjust to riders wheight, to become efective i has to have at least 50% sag.
Now you know a litle bit of your bike.
the spring type of shock will decrease a lot your rider expwrience.

Hiclearance 03-31-19 07:05 PM

<<dahons are one size fits all bikes>>

That's exactly my point. Dahon supplies a bike that must fit all weights, with a shock absorber that isn't readily adjustable. The shock absorber has warnings on it not to mess with it, and no instructions in the manual how to adjust to rider weight, so we just have to live with it....

BromptonINrio 04-02-19 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Hiclearance (Post 20863636)
<<dahons are one size fits all bikes>>

That's exactly my point. Dahon supplies a bike that must fit all weights, with a shock absorber that isn't readily adjustable. The shock absorber has warnings on it not to mess with it, and no instructions in the manual how to adjust to rider weight, so we just have to live with it....

there is no logic.
its easy to ajust the shock.
no one care if there is or isnt manual, you show be responsible for your safety and go look for information