Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Commuting (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   One of our own was hit Friday Night (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=822854)

dnuzzomueller 06-04-12 05:36 AM

One of our own was hit Friday Night

Just felt that I should let people know that Jim From Boston, was hit Friday Night while commuting home from work. He is "Okay" from what I have heard, no nerve damage but several major bone breaks. He will make it but from what I have heard he is in alot of pain.

I do not know major details of the accident but apparently it was a "from behind" hit and run where the driver later turned himself in. Jim has been a very close friend of mine for many years, I hope that he gets better soon, and I hope others might join me in having a thread wishing him well and fast healing for his return.

UPDATE: Jim had surgery yesterday, everything went very well. Last I heard he was put into a drug induced sleep after the surgery. I am hoping to have more info tomorrow.

essiemyra 06-04-12 05:50 AM

I heard about it on the news. Jim, I wish you a quick recovery and get back to riding soon!!!

terrapin44 06-04-12 05:51 AM

Sending my thoughts and prayers Jim From Boston's way. At least it sounds like he will be OK after the recovery period.

modernjess 06-04-12 06:02 AM

Found the WBZ news clip. Really sad story, tough to look at the damage. But for what it's worth I'm glad the driver turned himself in.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/bostonwb...-29540220.html

My thoughts, prayers and well wishes are going out to Jim from Boston for speedy recovery.

tarwheel 06-04-12 07:01 AM

Get well soon, Jim.

1FJEF 06-04-12 07:12 AM

Hopefully the drivers insurance, if he had any, will cover the tens of thousands of dollars in emergency care & follow ups. My buddy had a broken arm, ambulance ride $500, emergency room cast on the arm & overnight stay in a Las Vegas hospital- $10,000!

colleen c 06-04-12 07:49 AM

Wow sorry to hear this. Get well and heal fast Jim.

alan s 06-04-12 07:56 AM

Get well soon, Jim. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

truman 06-04-12 08:13 AM

Heal fast and completely, Jim.

dynodonn 06-04-12 08:24 AM

Many thanks to the OP for letting us know, without someone informing other BF members, some here on BF just "disappear". Sending good thoughts on a fast recovery for JFB, and hoping the motorist gets the full extent of the law for leaving the scene.

groovestew 06-04-12 08:29 AM

So awful. Best wishes for Jim's recovery.

AdamDZ 06-04-12 09:15 AM

Oh my. Another. Upsetting. Yeah, I read about this somewhere in the news too. I hope he heals quickly and completely too. Be careful out there people.

CommuteCommando 06-04-12 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by dnuzzomueller (Post 14310407)
I hope that he gets better soon, and I hope others might join me in having a thread wishing him well and fast healing for his return.

Lets all hope he gets back in the saddle soon.

no motor? 06-04-12 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by dynodonn (Post 14310936)
Many thanks to the OP for letting us know, without someone informing other BF members, some here on BF just "disappear". Sending good thoughts on a fast recovery for JFB, and hoping the motorist gets the full extent of the law for leaving the scene.

Same here. He was one of the members I connected with early on here, and this isn't the way I wanted to find out more about him.

ThermionicScott 06-04-12 09:44 AM

Yikes, get better soon, Jim!

TheTreauth 06-04-12 09:47 AM

Best wishes Jim, get well soon!

Doohickie 06-04-12 09:53 AM

So Jim... what kind of new bike ya gonna get?

Seriously, I hope you are up and around soon, and get back on the bike eventually.

Wilbur Bud 06-04-12 10:27 AM

Sorry to hear of the collision and resulting injuries, get well soon Jim, also curious about the next bike (velomobile or something for winter perhaps?)

Rick@OCRR 06-04-12 10:33 AM

Hope you have a speedy recovery Jim from Boston! Getting hit from behind is something we all fear (well, most of us) and sometimes, no matter how visible you are . . . and yes, it could have just as easily been any one of us.

Come to think of it, I almost got nailed by a white Crown Vic on Friday; luckily I was on the brakes just in time. So yes, everyone, be careful out there!

Rick / OCRR

berner 06-04-12 10:34 AM

Best wishes from Bristol Jim. It will be a long uphill climb so keep spinning 'till you get to the top.

chefisaac 06-04-12 10:37 AM

Sorry to hear that. My families prayers are with you and your family.

Miller84 06-04-12 10:41 AM

Get well soon Jim!!!

miss kenton 06-04-12 11:56 AM

I am shocked and so upset to hear this. We met Jim in the Finger Lakes and I feel like a personal friend is suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with Jim and his family and I will pray for a swift, painless, and full recovery. It is comforting to know he was taken to the hospital at which he works as we can expect he'll be getting extra special care.

locolobo13 06-04-12 12:06 PM

Get well soon.

SwampDude 06-04-12 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Doohickie (Post 14311307)
So Jim... what kind of new bike ya gonna get?

Seriously, I hope you are up and around soon, and get back on the bike eventually.

Jim, I'm with Doohickie on this one. Very sorry about your injuries, but hopeful you're looking ahead to rolling again ASAP. Our bodies have marvelous recuperative powers, especially when they're biker strong. Think positive and get well fast.