Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Forum Suggestions & User Assistance (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Severe malfunctions in Firefox (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1275336)

Korina 06-21-23 01:34 PM

Severe malfunctions in Firefox

First the banner at the top wouldn't move up when I scrolled down in a thread, then the like button stopped working, now the post reply button doesn't work!

We don't need to mention not being able to see embedded videos, of course.

USAZorro 06-21-23 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Korina (Post 22930352)
First the banner at the top wouldn't move up when I scrolled down in a thread, then the like button stopped working, now the post reply button doesn't work!

We don't need to mention not being able to see embedded videos, of course.

Yes. These symptoms and more. Bike Forums is broken for Firefox.

Korina 06-21-23 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by USAZorro (Post 22930383)
Yes. These symptoms and more. Bike Forums is broken for Firefox.

Well that sucks, because I'm not changing browsers.

Korina 06-21-23 02:05 PM

Also, when I hover my cursor over the Forums tab, the drop-down menu doesn't drop down; I have to click on it, which takes me to the forums list.

Quick reply still doesn't work, but regular reply does. What the actual hell?

shelbyfv 06-21-23 02:41 PM

I use Firefox and it seems to be working fine. I may not use all the features and rarely watch videos people post. Maybe reinstall Firefox?

USAZorro 06-21-23 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by shelbyfv (Post 22930443)
I use Firefox and it seems to be working fine. I may not use all the features and rarely watch videos people post. Maybe reinstall Firefox?

Attempt to reply to this - not as a "quote", but as a "Post Quick Reply".

79pmooney 06-21-23 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by USAZorro (Post 22930482)
Attempt to reply to this - not as a "quote", but as a "Post Quick Reply".

I just tried to post a quick reply. No can do. (I've been having this issue since yesterday.)

Edit: (Let's see if this works.) Windows 10 PC, Firefox. And like Korina, I am not changing browsers.

shelbyfv 06-21-23 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by usazorro (Post 22930482)
attempt to reply to this - not as a "quote", but as a "post quick reply".

ok

Eric F 06-21-23 04:11 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3Lhss0CQAAZDNR.jpg

shelbyfv 06-21-23 04:13 PM

I did above as quick reply. Don't think I ever noticed or used it before, I've always used "Quote."

shelbyfv 06-21-23 04:16 PM

And this w/o checking the "Quote message in reply?" box. :foo:

IBkatherine 06-21-23 05:22 PM

I let our tech team know about all of the different Firefox issues. I will let everyone know if there's anything we can do about it.

daverup 06-22-23 08:38 AM

Today, Chrome is broken too. Same symptoms as yesterday on Firefox.
Only mobile page is working for me

Iride01 06-22-23 08:57 AM

So far Chrome with Win 11 is working for me. But I also don't use the <quike reply> button, I just go to the editor window at the bottom of the thread and start typing or I click <quote>. Never really understood why <quick reply> is there, unless maybe if the thread is sorted differently, then it puts the reply with that response it was tagged on. Heck, I don't even know if the threads can have their sort order changed. I guess I'll look after I post this.

Still occasionally run into those youtube vids that don't show up. But that was a day or so ago.

IBkatherine 06-22-23 09:28 AM

testing

Chrome quick reply worked for me. I let tech know about the Firefox stuff so they should be investigating it today.

Polaris OBark 06-22-23 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by IBkatherine (Post 22931019)
testing

Chrome quick reply worked for me. I let tech know about the Firefox stuff so they should be investigating it today.

I get the same issue with Safari on MacOS, but only on one of my computers. I suspect it is content/tracker blocking.

Polaris OBark 06-22-23 09:37 AM

cf: https://www.bikeforums.net/22910612-post15.html

IBkatherine 06-22-23 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Polaris OBark (Post 22931028)
I get the same issue with Safari on MacOS, but only on one of my computers. I suspect it is content/tracker blocking.

Good to know. There's another case of it happening on Safari so I will let the tech team know it was reproducible.
Do you usually accept the cookies on the site?

Korina 06-22-23 11:41 AM

Now the Notifications button doesn't work. Interestingly, all my issues seem to be within the threads not the forums. Notifications worked just fine in the forum.

Polaris OBark 06-22-23 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by IBkatherine (Post 22931033)
Good to know. There's another case of it happening on Safari so I will let the tech team know it was reproducible.
Do you usually accept the cookies on the site?

I tried both ways (all cookies, only essential) and it is the same. Also of note is on that browser I do not see the editor icons (B, I, U etc), which usually indicates a javascript issue. (I'm using an older version of Safari and MacOS currently, and it all works fine.)

I am further updating the problematic Safari version on my laptop, and will post back if that resolves the issue.

Polaris OBark 06-22-23 12:43 PM

Problem persists with Safari and OS update, but it (still) works fine using Brave.

IBkatherine 06-22-23 04:04 PM

The quick reply will be fixed on Monday. Our tech team has come to a conclusion of why it is happening but is going to delay the fix until Monday so that nothing bigger will break over the weekend. Come Monday though, the quick reply function should be working again.

SoCaled 06-22-23 07:52 PM

I had all the same issues. Couldn't post photos as well. I am using and older imac, Firefox was not the newest, but version 109. Everything did work fine when I switched my chrome book, but I am usually on the mac.
edit: I forgot the "like" button also no longer works

79pmooney 06-22-23 08:48 PM

I'm finding after I hit "Quick reply" a lot of the Forum function\s don't work for the rest of the session. I have to bail and reboot my PC. Just restarting Firefox isn't enough.

Edit: And I learned here why post have these massive blank fields in them (and sometimes references to videos and links I cannot see).

botty kayer 06-23-23 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by daverup (Post 22930961)
Today, Chrome is broken too. Same symptoms as yesterday on Firefox.
Only mobile page is working for me

Yep its all gone belly up it seems, this forum seems to be having continual issues for months now.

I can't give any likes, or upload any pics when using Chrome today. Sometimes the pic attachment tab is missing completely, other times the pic attachment tab showed up but when I added the link to the pic the 'upload' tab is greyed out and won't submit, very annoying.

So I thought I'd try using the Firefox browser, but unlike Chrome where I am permanently logged in, Firefox is asking me for a password, that I've long since forgotten. So I tried the reset password function, I added my email address and pressed 'request password reset email', but I'm repeatedly getting a 'you did not complete the Capcha verification properly, please try again' however every time I do this there is no Capcha box showing at all so obviously I can't complete it, so can't do anything on Firefox and nothing other than browsing on Chrome.

So God only knows what's going on. I've got some lovely Italy pics to share too, but no way to share them on this forum, so I'll go and post them on another forum for now and check in here in a few days and see if these issues have resolved.