Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   A nice side effect of riding a lot (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1201709)

bung 05-17-20 12:43 PM

A nice side effect of riding a lot

So during the shutdown of everything I have essentially been teaching my students online and riding my road bike. I prefer riding the Emonda on the road but I also have a dedicated Roubaix spare on a Kickr Core for those days I cannot get out. I have just realized that I have finally lost enough weight around the middle that I can comfortably ride in the drops again. I honestly prefer riding on the hoods but now I can ride the drops if I want to. 😆

bampilot06 05-17-20 04:25 PM

I bought a pair of nice levi’s right before I got married 6 years ago. Was only able to wear them once and then I packed on some pounds. 6 months after cycling I was able to fit into them again.

Ogsarg 05-17-20 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21480834)
I bought a pair of nice levi’s right before I got married 6 years ago. Was only able to wear them once and then I packed on some pounds. 6 months after cycling I was able to fit into them again.

I can relate. Last summer my son was married and I was able to wear the suit I got married in in 1980. I did have to get it altered but that was only possible due to cycling.

sced 05-17-20 07:25 PM

Your bar is too high

GlennR 05-17-20 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21480834)
I bought a pair of nice levi’s right before I got married 6 years ago.

Since i've been riding, my thighs got bigger and need to wear looser fitting jeans.

One day I was wearing shorts and my mo said my legs were fat, so i told her to touch them, she said she was wrong.

mango18 05-18-20 12:25 PM

Started riding seriously 3 to 4 days a week on Mar 29th this year. Dropped from 210 to 200 pounds so far. Of course I was obsessive about diet as well this time. But very happy about this. Am not at my target yet.

Metallifan33 05-18-20 12:47 PM

Since we're all doing this... I've been riding 3 to 4 times a week since January and am down 20lbs.
This is actually a bigger deal than it seems because I was in danger of being out of work because of a high blood pressure (which is now back down).
Not the least to mention the better stress management and countless other health benefits of losing weight.
And oh yeah... I just started on my new (used) Tacx Neo 2T. Plan on doing my first FTP test this week.

Bah Humbug 05-18-20 12:51 PM

All the trainer time means that while my weight is barely down, my FTP is nicely up.

Sy Reene 05-18-20 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by bung (Post 21480392)
So during the shutdown of everything I have essentially been teaching my students online and riding my road bike.

And they say that walking while chewing gum is difficult! ;)