Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Pills and Ills (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   Valsartan Recall Benefit (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1150813)

TiHabanero 07-25-18 08:41 PM

Valsartan Recall Benefit

Valsartan recall has become a benefit to my riding. For the past two years I have felt sluggish on the bike, and unable to crank out the miles at a respectable rate of speed (for me, not everyone else out there). I chalked it up to age. The doc switched me over to Losartan due to the Valsartan recall (seems it was being produced with some kind of cancer causing filler). Within 3 days I was riding like my old self again, with energy and ability to drive the pedals relatively hard. Rides of 45 miles come easily, and average speed is back to where it once was. Nothing else has changed in my life, same diet, sleep, work, etc.

What a relief!

Hondo Gravel 07-25-18 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by TiHabanero (Post 20469972)
Valsartan recall has become a benefit to my riding. For the past two years I have felt sluggish on the bike, and unable to crank out the miles at a respectable rate of speed (for me, not everyone else out there). I chalked it up to age. The doc switched me over to Losartan due to the Valsartan recall (seems it was being produced with some kind of cancer causing filler). Within 3 days I was riding like my old self again, with energy and ability to drive the pedals relatively hard. Rides of 45 miles come easily, and average speed is back to where it once was. Nothing else has changed in my life, same diet, sleep, work, etc.

What a relief!

Great! I have been taking Diovan aka Valsartan for years to control BP. Reports say not all brands have the cancer causing filler but how do I know if my Valsartan is ok? You say you’re energy improved greatly when you’re doctor switched meds. My next blood work / doctors appointment isn’t until Sept 26.

Hondo Gravel 07-26-18 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by TiHabanero (Post 20469972)

What a relief!

The Doc switched me to Losartan. Going to pick the new medication up in a few hours. Will see if I get an energy boost.

TiHabanero 07-31-18 06:25 PM

The pharmacy will call you if the meds you take are part of the recall, at least that is how it has worked here. I over did it on Sunday I was feeling so darned good. Went out for 45 ended up doing 57, and felt great the whole way through. Just amazing!

zjrog 08-20-18 12:17 PM

My doc started me on Lisonopril, which I had the very common litle cough many people get. She switched me to Losartan. And all has been well since.