Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   Liv Alight 1 disc or trek fx3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1215700)

Csm753 10-19-20 07:25 PM

Liv Alight 1 disc or trek fx3

Hi
Im a newbie and Im torn between the two. Any input or suggestions?

I ride about 15 miles 3 times a week, with longer rides during the weekend, about 45 plus miles or so. i go on road 70 and gravel 30.
I’ve been using my trek mountain bike but find it quite heavy to go up hilly streets.

Both the bike colours are just ok.. I prefer the Liv blue as opposed to the black/voodoo colour on the fx3. Both models are 2021 and price difference is minimal.

Thoughts?

Speedway2 10-20-20 05:33 AM

Firstly....Welcome to BF! Pull up a chair and stay awhile. Lots of great folks and info to learn/share here and everyone is mostly decent:)

Does it matter (to you) that the Alight 1 is Women specific?
If your LBS has both in stock....take them for a good ride.....

Csm753 10-20-20 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Speedway2 (Post 21751179)
Firstly....Welcome to BF! Pull up a chair and stay awhile. Lots of great folks and info to learn/share here and everyone is mostly decent:)

Does it matter (to you) that the Alight 1 is Women specific?
If your LBS has both in stock....take them for a good ride.....

Thank you! 😊

The only thing that would concern me regarding Alight being a women specific bike is for re-sale purposes in the future. Limited buyer?
The Trek fx3 that’s available in our area is also a womens bike though but Trek, imho is a more recognized brand than Liv.

Bikes are pretty much sold out in our area still so unfortunately we are not able to try it out before purchasing 😕

Wanderer 10-20-20 08:39 AM

Personally, I never look at resale value of a bike! Do both f them fit you?

If resale matters to you, by all means buy the Trek.

Even if it doesn't, buy the Trek - I just think it's more bike for the money!.

MHO

edit: After spending time actually comparing the two, that LIV is actually a pretty nice bike for the money - and it looks nicer....... Yeah, I actually think I would buy the LIV, made by Giant!

Csm753 10-20-20 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wanderer (Post 21751423)
Personally, I never look at resale value of a bike! Do both f them fit you?

If resale matters to you, by all means buy the Trek.

Even if it doesn't, buy the Trek - I just think it's more bike for the money!.

MHO

edit: After spending time actually comparing the two, that LIV is actually a pretty nice bike for the money - and it looks nicer....... Yeah, I actually think I would buy the LIV, made by Giant!

Thank you!!!! 😎

if there’s anything good that came out of covid, is a healthier me.. lol. Been more active now.. running and a new found love for cycling!