Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

ls01 04-16-20 03:56 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21421982)
Well, if the facemask is really for other's benefit, who cares?

good point.

Bah Humbug 04-16-20 03:58 PM

Ninja'd by a minute... but that half-inch is about the same amount as the width to the centerline of the hood, so at least we agree.

datlas 04-16-20 04:05 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21422111)
Do you think I would have more luck in General?

:twitchy:

Try mechanics.

WhyFi 04-16-20 04:12 PM

Not that you're likely to be interested, Bah Humbug , but someone on KKF is selling a purty 200mm Bloodroot for under $600 :love:

abshipp 04-16-20 04:16 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21422118)
On my Ultegra levers, the full sweep is about 3.5", but the lever is offset... you're probably looking at 2.75"-ish from the center line of the shifter.


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21422120)
You should have asked for a wheel recco or who makes the best groupset.

It is one heckuva long throw. I checked mine (5800) super-eyebally and a full sweep has the tip going ~2.25" inboard from the inside of the lever head (not center as you drew).

Thanks! :thumb:

I'll assume 3" from centerline of the bars to give a bit of wiggle room. I'm at around 2.8" right now.

I really appreciate it!

BillyD 04-16-20 04:19 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21421864)
Sanded the ceiling yesterday. Painted all the trim. 2 coats. Today I painted the closet. And the ceiling I sanded yesterday. 2 Coats. Came out nice. I may or may not start the walls tonight. If not tonight then tomorrow.

Painting. Ugh.

datlas 04-16-20 04:19 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21422120)
You should have asked for a wheel recco or who makes the best groupset.

Who makes the best groupset? :innocent:

BillyD 04-16-20 04:25 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21422083)
So I've been totally shunned by the greater 41, having my thread drop off the first page twice now.

Can anyone here help?

You may have lost them at the mention of handlebar bag.

BillyD 04-16-20 04:28 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21422134)
AZ Game and Fish is very excited. First photos of a Bald Eagle nest in a Saguaro in AZ!

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c4&oe=5EBF98C3

https://twitter.com/azgfd/status/1250599688782245889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw"

That’s freaking amazing!

Bah Humbug 04-16-20 04:33 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21422171)
Who makes the best groupset? :innocent:

Wiseass.

But because my OCD compels me to answer, the only real options are R7000 and R8050/70. I just can't see any other realistic options above poverty-spec.

datlas 04-16-20 04:45 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21422193)
Wiseass.

But because my OCD compels me to answer, the only real options are R7000 and R8050/70. I just can't see any other realistic options above poverty-spec.

Probably correct.

kissTheApex 04-16-20 04:51 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21421795)
Acquired on previously mentioned walk - my liquor cabinet is going Japanese.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7669a235de.jpg

Not a gin drinker really, but do tell how it tastes.

rjones28 04-16-20 05:34 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21422171)
Who makes the best groupset? :innocent:

The one I have, naturally. :D

rjones28 04-16-20 05:35 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21422181)
You may have lost them at the mention of handlebar bag.

What's the best handlebar bag?

MoAlpha 04-16-20 05:42 PM

This pm, long-suffering spouse gets an email that the PPP loan for her practice is approved. She is overjoyed, puts down her phone, opens the email on her iPad to sign some e-form to accept, clicks some random button and somehow declines the loan! Of course, there’s no help available. She’s been beside herself all evening, poor woman. She’ll go to the bank in person in the morning.

MoAlpha 04-16-20 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21421982)
Well, if the facemask is really for other's benefit, who cares?

I was going to write that word for word, but thought it might come off too cynical. :D

ls01 04-16-20 05:46 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21422170)
Painting. Ugh.

Ugh, indeed.

ls01 04-16-20 05:47 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21422218)
Probably correct.

nuh uh

Pirkaus 04-16-20 05:57 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21422300)
This pm, long-suffering spouse gets an email that the PPP loan for her practice is approved. She is overjoyed, puts down her phone, opens the email on her iPad to sign some e-form to accept, clicks some random button and somehow declines the loan! Of course, there’s no help available. She’s been beside herself all evening, poor woman. She’ll go to the bank in person in the morning.

Ohhhhhh, FUDGE!!!!!

sfrider 04-16-20 06:23 PM

Got the Hirame head and mounted it to the Lezyne CNC. After first stripping the silly plastic wrap on the hose that would only melt when a heat gun got anywhere near it. :foo:
Only got the hose onto the first barb, which made the included clamp way oversize. But it's pretty solidly on there anyway. Even with the rubber and metal scalding hot (I wore work gloves and it was still hot) it was a super tight fit. Works great, and I really like how when it's released there's practically no leakage. The jury's out on whether it's better than my Joe Blow Pro, but it's good to have another solid pump. :thumb:

Trsnrtr 04-16-20 06:47 PM


Originally Posted by Pirkaus (Post 21422319)
Ohhhhhh, FUDGE!!!!!

oh, double fudge!!!

datlas 04-16-20 06:54 PM


Originally Posted by sfrider (Post 21422359)
Got the Hirame head and mounted it to the Lezyne CNC. After first stripping the silly plastic wrap on the hose that would only melt when a heat gun got anywhere near it. :foo:
Only got the hose onto the first barb, which made the included clamp way oversize. But it's pretty solidly on there anyway. Even with the rubber and metal scalding hot (I wore work gloves and it was still hot) it was a super tight fit. Works great, and I really like how when it's released there's practically no leakage. The jury's out on whether it's better than my Joe Blow Pro, but it's good to have another solid pump. :thumb:

I used some hand sanitizer and got it in no problem, and tight enough that I don’t need a clamp. It’s really well designed and made.

seedsbelize 04-16-20 07:01 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21421736)
I always use co2 with the pump as a back-up. Last year I flatted on a group ride and I had to turn back alone and of course I had a second flat. I only had one tube so I had to patch. The pump made it possible for me to find the leak in the tube.

Another time I was dropped on a climb and flatted and my old co2 inflater fell apart. Luckily I had the pump.

In ancient history I always carried a Zefal frame pump. One time I knocked it off with my knee when going through an intersection. I parked the bike and started walking back to get it from the crosswalk where it landed. A woman in a car had been waiting for the green light and saw the whole thing. She looked at me and then ran right over my pump.

I have two or three Zefal HPX 3 and an ancient, on its last legs HPX4. I bought the Blackburn for my tour because I didn't want to pack that failing HPX4. First chance I got I bought a brand new HPX3

seedsbelize 04-16-20 07:06 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21421831)

Sounds like The Cars

seedsbelize 04-16-20 07:09 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21421864)
Sanded the ceiling yesterday. Painted all the trim. 2 coats. Today I painted the closet. And the ceiling I sanded yesterday. 2 Coats. Came out nice. I may or may not start the walls tonight. If not tonight then tomorrow.

I cannot stand sanding or painting. One of my bikes held the title of worst paint job ever, over in C&V


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.