Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Bikesale.com review (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=751675)

Houstonguy47 07-14-11 04:21 PM

Bikesale.com review

These guys are based near Seattle and have pretty attractive pricing on an Italian road bike I am interested in. Has anyone dealt with them?

nhluhr 07-14-11 04:49 PM

They are my local bike shop. I go to them for most of my needs, including the last two bikes I've purchased from them. I get the impression they do a heavy mail order business to help bolster their bottom line while still operating a brick and mortar presence on the outskirts of Seattle (they are actually in Kenmore, since they moved a couple miles down the road from their Bothell location).

I have had nothing but positive experiences.

milnerpt 07-14-11 06:02 PM

same here. I go in there as much as any other bike store.... nice guys thatare knowledgable. Give them a call if you have concerns or questions.

bengreen79 07-14-11 06:14 PM

The site's navigation is awkward. It says "Right Click has been disabled" when trying to right click to go back. I still use one of those ghetto 2 button mouses so I don't have a dedicated back button on the thumb.

NathanL 07-14-11 07:06 PM

My back and forward buttons on the mouse work there. They have disabled right click on the pictures to keep you from saving them however.

cyclebycle13 07-14-11 07:36 PM

I purchased a 2006 scott cr1sl from them in Jan 2007. I got a good price from them, talked on the phone and everything went through just as we discussed it. No problems- BTW, I'm in NY, so it was all internet/phone dealings.

Houstonguy47 07-18-11 07:16 AM

Thanks, everyone - that is helpful!

LesterOfPuppets 07-18-11 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by bengreen79 (Post 12929999)
The site's navigation is awkward. It says "Right Click has been disabled" when trying to right click to go back. I still use one of those ghetto 2 button mouses so I don't have a dedicated back button on the thumb.

Expanding on what NathanL said...
If you have your right mouse button mapped as a browser back button it might work if you click on an area of the page that's not an image.

That must be pretty odd with it mapped like that. I use right click to open links in new tabs or windows so often I'd go crazy if I got on a computer where right click was the browser back button.

nhluhr 07-18-11 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 12944769)
Expanding on what NathanL said...
If you have your right mouse button mapped as a browser back button it might work if you click on an area of the page that's not an image.

That must be pretty odd with it mapped like that. I use right click to open links in new tabs or windows so often I'd go crazy if I got on a computer where right click was the browser back button.

Do me a favor and right click somewhere in the blank space on this page. See the context menu that pops up? See how "Back" is on the menu? Many people navigate this way.

LesterOfPuppets 07-18-11 11:43 AM

Ahh, I see. I never paid attention to that. Figured the dude had his right click mapped to back button. Anyways, the tip should still work for the poster in question on the page in question.

My mieces have a thumb button mapped to browser back button so I don't recall using the context menu back button.

nhluhr 07-18-11 11:45 AM

yeah a couple of mine have the thumb buttons but some of my laptop mice don't. I've just gotten so used to middle-clicking several links that I almost never use "Back" anymore anyway.

dirty_barry 03-31-14 08:52 PM

Bumping a really old thread but just purchased my BH Prisma Ultegra through bikesale.com. Great group of guys to work with and looking forward to getting fitted on Wednesday.